Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sponsorship !

+4
atislay
Celtman
Trousers
Miss Q
8 posters

Go down

Sponsorship ! Empty Sponsorship !

Post  Guest Fri 15 Jan 2010 - 3:35

When I read on Facebook that Paul urged that we buy CD and t-shirts to sponsor Coast `s trip up to Celtic Connections, I get an idea ....... Idea
Is it possible that there can create an account or is there a link, where we fans can contribute a small or larger amounts to support Coast on their way up Question
It costs lots of money to become a "Star Band" and we fans belive on Coast becomes a Star Band .... cheers cheers but it is my impression that there is not much surplus money in the Coast firm yet, so a small contribution will probably be welcome. I love you
What seemed Coast fan `s about the idea? And what says Coast?

Winnie

Back to top Go down

Sponsorship ! Empty Re: Sponsorship !

Post  Miss Q Fri 15 Jan 2010 - 4:05

winnie wrote:When I read on Facebook that Paul urged that we buy CD and t-shirts to sponsor Coast `s trip up to Celtic Connections, I get an idea ....... Idea
Is it possible that there can create an account or is there a link, where we fans can contribute a small or larger amounts to support Coast on their way up Question
It costs lots of money to become a "Star Band" and we fans belive on Coast becomes a Star Band .... cheers cheers but it is my impression that there is not much surplus money in the Coast firm yet, so a small contribution will probably be welcome. I love you
What seemed Coast fan `s about the idea? And what says Coast?

Winnie

Maybe some signed t-shirts and CD's to "overprices" Smile (I'll buy some....)

Ursula

Miss Q
Coaster

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Fri 15 Jan 2010 - 9:09

Hi winnie - nice idea - I've been thinking along the same lines I'll have a chat with paul to see what he thinks. Maybe the next album r single could have a list of all 'sponsors' printed on it or suchlike.

Another idea would be to do something like I think marillion did a couple of years ago...they got fans to buy the next album in advance which they then used to finance the completion of the album...

Regards. Martin

Cheers,
martin
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 15 Jan 2010 - 19:09

Hi Martin.
Mogens had the same idea to buy the new album in advance, or the DVD from the Scottish tour, but then the more money will be spent for a product.... I can imagine that there maybe are needed something extra for all "solve" it takes to get Firm Coast up and running!
I also had an idea of streamers, as the soldiers lobe, where you pay an ex. number of £ for it, but so it must have so produced.
Let's hear some more ideas! Idea Idea

Winnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Fri 15 Jan 2010 - 19:28

Was going to say what Martin has already written.
It is a good idea to buy the next album up front and have your name printed in the sleeve.

I think at the moment is to try and spread the word about Coast, maybe(with the bands permission) why not put a couple of tracks from the album onto a CD and send them to your local radio stations.

If your going to a concert, and I believe Runrig are playing Germany or Denmark in March well get your Coast T-Shirts on for these gigs. If you can afford it put 1/2 tracks onto about 50 blank CDs and take them to the gigs and hand them out with links to the Coast website etc. (again with the bands permission)

I'm sure new fans will be made on the scottish tour

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Sat 16 Jan 2010 - 4:52

winnie wrote:
Let's hear some more ideas! Idea Idea

Winnie

- What about more mechandising like tour-posters, car stickers,...
- What about an "official" fanclub with membership like the runrig fanclub. Members could buy unofficial bootlegs, demos, promos, videos, ... membership fee 10-15 GBP p.a. maybe.

Just some ideas...
Matthias.
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Sat 16 Jan 2010 - 5:34

atislay wrote:car stickers,...

Already sorted pirat

We have already mentioned to Paul about a fan club.....but more long term

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Sat 16 Jan 2010 - 5:48

I will help in any way I can but its expensive educating your kids and havinf a wife who watches to many house makeover programmes.

I will buy car sticker more tee shirts. Id love a Coast hoodie black with a woven motive of the album cover. And a number 69 on the back.

Ps how are the album sales going.
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Q Sat 16 Jan 2010 - 5:54

tiz wrote:I will help in any way I can but its expensive educating your kids and havinf a wife who watches to many house makeover programmes.

I will buy car sticker more tee shirts. Id love a Coast hoodie black with a woven motive of the album cover. And a number 69 on the back.

Ps how are the album sales going.

lol!

Miss Q
Coaster

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Sat 16 Jan 2010 - 20:42

Celtman wrote:

We have already mentioned to Paul about a fan club.....but more long term

Whats the reason for "but more long term" ? We could do it also short-term.
Arranged and organized by (international) fans, with the help of band and management. No problem in this age. Would like to help too. Smile

Matthias.
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 3:36

I would happily pay up front for a new CD! If I had lots of spare cash I would gladly invest some with the band, but sadly for them and me I don't have lots of spare cash. Sad

A fan club is a great idea. Obviously the band/management would need to invest in the necessary paperwork, freebies etc to give out to members, and I wonder at what stage is this financially possible for bands to do??
Linda
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post  jacqui Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 4:14

I'd definitely pay for the next Cd beforehand.
jacqui
jacqui
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post  celticbird Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 4:28

Linda wrote:

A fan club is a great idea. Obviously the band/management would need to invest in the necessary paperwork, freebies etc to give out to members, and I wonder at what stage is this financially possible for bands to do??

Dave and I have already mentioned to Paul about a fan club and at the mo we are jotting ideas down and then we'll take them to the band and see what they think.

All great ideas are welcome but not forgetting there isn't a budget for any of this and I'll manage the cost of a quarterly newsletter without too many problems. What kind of things do people want in a newsletter? Ideas on a post card please and I'll speak to Paul and Sharon.
celticbird
celticbird
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 5:09

celticbird wrote:
Linda wrote:

Dave and I have already mentioned to Paul about a fan club and at the mo we are jotting ideas down and then we'll take them to the band and see what they think.

All great ideas are welcome but not forgetting there isn't a budget for any of this and I'll manage the cost of a quarterly newsletter without too many problems. What kind of things do people want in a newsletter? Ideas on a post card please and I'll speak to Paul and Sharon.

Fanclub would be self-financed, membership 10-15 GBP.
I think at the moment we would have a potential of more than 100-200 members.
Look at some data:
In this MB: 101 subscribers, Coast on FB: 294 fans, danish Coast group on FB: 122 members, Coast goes to Germany on mySpace: 351 friends,
Coast on my wer-kennt-wen-page: 34 members.
Many of them would subscribe to a fanclub. We would have an annual budget of 1000-3000 GBP.

Another question: is a printing form necessary ? We could use a pdf-format for a newsletter (at the beginning, would be much cheaper).
The work would be done in an honorary capacity by interested fans.

Cheers, Matthias
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 5:27

some great ideas flying in here. Coast seem to be very lucky with fans who have cracking ideas.
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  celticbird Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 5:31

We are having a drinkie with Paul tomorrow and if the opportunity arises I'll mention fanclubs to him.

The ultimate decision lies with Paul, the band and management, as will the go ahead for anything to be produced/printed/copied.

Celty here>>>> A fan club is a good idea, but I believe this is still a further 12/18 months away and this depends on the number of fans on board.
celticbird
celticbird
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 6:51

I think it's great to think of ways to help the band, but my only worry would be that the band are being pushed to fast, as they are in their very early days. The website is great and kept up to date as quickly as news seems to come out, costs could be cut by using that as a means to update everyone instead of producing something else. If all information is publicly available online then it is open to everyone who checks out the web page, whereas a produced/fan club type thing would only be available to fc members.

Does that make sense??

Cool
Linda
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post  celticbird Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 7:12

It does make sense Linda, don't run before you can walk.

But a fanclub and all the stuff that goes with it is also a way of collecting memorablia, in a similar way to RR's The Wire and Access all areas dvds.

I would like to produce - with the bands permission - a portfolio of all the pictures we have collected and maybe start the ball rolling from there. But first, little by little Coast will gain the fans, recognition and acknowledgement that they deserve.

cheers cheers
celticbird
celticbird
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 21:22

It's great to see so many come up with so many good ideas and is so enthusiastic, it can only get something good out of ......... Very Happy
My first idea was basically just, that we fans can support a small amount, for example, a streamed to a cost of £ 2.5, we pay 5 £..... or what we can / will pay! Idea Question
Mogens have made one we are running with in the car's rear window when we are in the UK / Scotland, but it is not so with Coast real logo but with the www address!
We also had one with Runrig when we were at Runrig Christmas Tour, the image can be viewed at my FB photo page!
Winnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum