Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

getting Coast on stage at the hebfest

+4
atislay
Celtman
Linda
tiz
8 posters

Go down

getting Coast on stage at the hebfest Empty getting Coast on stage at the hebfest

Post  tiz Sat 16 Jan 2010 - 7:42

Listen guys I am thinking after the tour to Scotland hopefully word will get out but what about sending the organisers an email requesting Coast get a slot. Its well worth it and its one of the best celtic festivals.
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

getting Coast on stage at the hebfest Empty Re: getting Coast on stage at the hebfest

Post  tiz Sat 16 Jan 2010 - 7:43

Performing Enquiries
Applications are welcomed between July and February. If shortlisted you will be contacted in good time for further discussions. We do try to respond to everyone but at peak times volumes make this challenging and we hope that you can respect this as much as we respect your ongoing efforts.

Further info: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

getting Coast on stage at the hebfest Empty Re: getting Coast on stage at the hebfest

Post  tiz Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 4:33

Just heard from the organisers they plan catching Coast at Celtic Connections to check them out wahoo. And they knew before I had told them.

Please please please let this happen
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 4:34

can someone let them know
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 6:52

That's great news Tiz. I hope things work out for them on that one. I am hopeful that they can squeeze in Belladrum and Bogbain as well!! Very Happy No horrendous boat fares to get to Bogbain Farm!!! Laughing
Linda
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 7:01

Great news..........Coast are going places

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 18:38

Linda wrote:That's great news Tiz. I hope things work out for them on that one. I am hopeful that they can squeeze in Belladrum and Bogbain as well!! Very Happy No horrendous boat fares to get to Bogbain Farm!!! Laughing

I can't join the hebfest but that's a really fantastic news.
And Ferry fares to the outer hebrides are at a lower price than in the past because of the new Road Equivalent Tariff. Smile
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 20:54

Exciting news, we have been there before on Hebfest and would love to do it again!
When so the ferry price also is be cheaper, and everything not is closed on Sundays more. Laughing
Last time we were there, we could not come from the islands on Sunday, so we drove from Lewis to Harris, in the afternoon we need a cup of coffee and then asked a young man about where we could buy some coffee Question He looked wonderingly at us and said: Oh no, it's Sunday you have to go back to Stoneway ........ Shocked It was a drive on, I remember, 2-3 hours! Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 1:41

You have to consider the cost though Tiz. The guys are just about able to fund their trip to Celtic Connections and it is a lot of money to go over the other side of the pool.

I'm not trying to burst your bubble mate, I am just trying to be realistic. Maybe it will happen, but I doubt it will be this year.
Spud
Spud
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  AndrewHuggan Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 2:13

Hebcelt looks after all of their acts, as far as I am aware.
AndrewHuggan
AndrewHuggan
Coast

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-01-08

http://www.andrewhuggan.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Tue 19 Jan 2010 - 4:41

Coast - sorry if I am going to fast and also pestering people but my intentions were good ones honest. I will run things past you and management before I approach event organisers. Sorry

I just want to get the word out there
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  David Ex Tue 19 Jan 2010 - 8:26

After looking at the ferry crossing back to the mainland....would any of you want to do it?

David Ex
David Ex
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Tue 19 Jan 2010 - 13:55

I have done it and loved it. We did Uig to tarbet. Have to say hebfest and harris and lewis is printed on my mind for ever it was awesome.
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  COAST Wed 20 Jan 2010 - 2:51

ELLO TIZ THATS GREAT YOU ASKED FOR US MATE AND A REALLY GOOD RESPONSE TOO!! PLEASE KEEP ASKING MATE FOR THINGS LIKE THAT AS IT ALL HELPS BUDDY SO BLOODY GOOD JOB!!!
COAST
COAST
America

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2008-02-12

http://www.myspace.com/pauleasthampiano

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Wed 20 Jan 2010 - 3:43

That looks ace, I sooooo want a go on that Very Happy
Spud
Spud
Sepia Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Thu 21 Jan 2010 - 2:26

This has been bugging me for a few days now, so I thought I would air it. Tizzy my dear, I didn't say what I did to try and upset you buddy, I wouldn't do that. If I didn't stamp on your hopes then I do apologise my friend, I didn't mean to cause you any ill feeling Crying or Very sad
Spud
Spud
Sepia Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Thu 21 Jan 2010 - 10:34

Spud no worries your post just made me realise i was going mad without anyone from the band knowing I was asking for them to be considered for gigs and things.

Dont fret mate once a mate always a mate
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Fri 22 Jan 2010 - 0:43

tiz wrote:Spud no worries your post just made me realise i was going mad without anyone from the band knowing I was asking for them to be considered for gigs and things.

Dont fret mate once a mate always a mate

Oh good *spud sighs*! I just thought I would make sure. As Paulers said, keep up the good work Smile
Spud
Spud
Sepia Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  COAST Sat 23 Jan 2010 - 2:35

please anybody that knows someone or nas a mate who knows a mate about getting a gig for coast is all considerred please keep doing your great work as its you guys that have got us this far!!!
COAST
COAST
America

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2008-02-12

http://www.myspace.com/pauleasthampiano

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Sun 24 Jan 2010 - 4:37

As we are encouraged to contact people to advertise Coast for inclusion, would it be best if a general response was created? Or would you prefer it just to come from the heart of the fans?

I have just emailed Dartmoor, Wychwood, Wath and Cambridge Folk Festivals. Wath Folk Festival is fantastic and attracts many visitors each year. Dougie Maclean and Duncan Chisholm have played there.

I've been looking at the Glastonbury website and found the following information, maybe Sharon can get on to it:

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Agents for artists signed to record labels can contact the Festival in the usual manner.

For Acoustic Stage please send CDs to Glastonbury Acoustic Stage, Asgard, 125 Parkway, Regents Park, London, NW1 7PS and for Dance Village - CDs to Glastonbury Dance Village, PO Box 1132, Bristol, BS99 2JZ. For Shangri La, email Chris Tofu by clicking here. For Avalon Cafe send CDs to 78 High Street Bruton, Somerset BA10 0AJ.

For UK-based bands not signed to record labels, the route to playing at Glastonbury is via the annual Glastonbury Emerging Talent Competition, run in conjunction with Q Magazine.

The 2010 Glastonbury Emerging Talent Competition is open to musicians not signed to a major label, based in the UK and Ireland, and is the best way of getting your music listened to by many of the stage and area programmers throughout the Festival. The 2009 winners were We Have Band.

If you are interested in entering the 2010 competition, click here for info.

Here is the application form for the Shrewsbury Festival:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Spud on Sun 24 Jan 2010 - 4:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated/additional information)
Spud
Spud
Sepia Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Sun 24 Jan 2010 - 6:37

I have a feeling that there is a guy connected with Hoots, Inverness who is also involved in the Ironworks and also the Belladrum Festival.

If you are happy to travel north there is also the Wizard Festival at New Deer, as well as Belladrum and the Rock4Life festival in Inverness in May.

Very Happy
Linda
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Mon 25 Jan 2010 - 21:18

I've just emailed our Entertainments Officer with details about Coast. I will get back to you as soon as I hear anything. I have offered to lend her or copy my CD so she can have a listen, I hope that is ok.
Spud
Spud
Sepia Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Mon 25 Jan 2010 - 21:29

getting into university's is a really good idea.
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  AndrewHuggan Tue 26 Jan 2010 - 0:25

It's a pity Caroline (hebcelt organiser) wasn't at the open stage yesterday. If I see her next weekend I'll put in a good word.
AndrewHuggan
AndrewHuggan
Coast

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-01-08

http://www.andrewhuggan.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Tue 26 Jan 2010 - 6:33

Festival update:

I've had an email from someone called David of the Wath Folk Festival team. Unfortunately, they are fully booked this year but I mentioned about the CC set last night and suggested he check the band out.
Spud
Spud
Sepia Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down