Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highs and Lows

+23
Conor2
DaveyTee
numbersix
Lancs Dave
COAST
Lucarius
trug
Admin
David Ex
AndrewHuggan
atislay
colyates
Annie
Trousers
celticbird
Puffin
tiz
Spud
jacqui
cairdeas
Miss Q
Linda
Celtman
27 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Highs and Lows Empty Highs and Lows

Post  Celtman Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 7:04

Highs - Meeting up with Paul and Adam tomorrow

Lows - Being blind in right eye

Big Low - Pete at the Family Tree in Bognor having an Heart Attack today, get well soon mate

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Highs and Lows Empty Re: Highs and Lows

Post  Linda Thu 21 Jan 2010 - 3:02

Very Happy Very Happy I came home from work today, feeling a bit tired, cranky and slightly pissed off. There was a package waiting for me from Nova Scotia!! I was speechless when I opened it and found this wee beauty in a little box.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It is a medallion of the Sconestone and was carved by Warren Macleod who made the Sconestone!! I have no idea why they sent me one, but I am delighted with it. I just burst into tears when I opened it!! I am taking it along with me to Hoots next month!!!
Linda
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Q Thu 21 Jan 2010 - 3:08

Linda wrote:Very Happy Very Happy I came home from work today, feeling a bit tired, cranky and slightly pissed off. There was a package waiting for me from Nova Scotia!! I was speechless when I opened it and found this wee beauty in a little box.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It is a medallion of the Sconestone and was carved by Warren Macleod who made the Sconestone!! I have no idea why they sent me one, but I am delighted with it. I just burst into tears when I opened it!! I am taking it along with me to Hoots next month!!!

Love to see it Linda :-)

Miss Q
Coaster

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  cairdeas Thu 21 Jan 2010 - 4:30

It looks beautiful Linda! Very Happy
cairdeas
cairdeas
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-08-16

http://www.myspace.com/juttasch

Back to top Go down

Post  jacqui Thu 21 Jan 2010 - 7:11

Fantastic Linda!
jacqui
jacqui
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Sun 31 Jan 2010 - 5:59

High:- Coast and Runrig fans for all their support and messages over the last few days leading up to and after my major operation.

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Sat 6 Feb 2010 - 6:50

Highs - time is marching on quickly towards the end of February, when we will get to see Coast play in Inverness!! Very Happy

Lows - Got loads to do tomorrow and the hubby has been told he has to do cover tomorrow at work!! Rolling Eyes
Linda
Linda

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Sat 6 Feb 2010 - 7:45

Low: I can't do the elective module I wanted to do. It turns out it shouldn't have been on the list

High: I can stay in the my Interpersonal Skills group on a Monday...........with all the sexy ladies in it cheers

Low: There are no other modules I want to do and I don't see why I should be made to pick something I have no interest in *spud sulks*
Spud
Spud
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Sat 6 Feb 2010 - 7:54

Low:_ Yesterday was aweful back at the hospital

High:- Feeling better today although the eye is a bit swollen again and slightly bruised.

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Mon 8 Feb 2010 - 0:55

Spuddie went to a new Church in York last night. Rock Church is exactly what its name suggests; it's a Church that worship by playing Christian rock. What makes it different is that it is on a Saturday evening.

I was invited by one of the young ladies on my course, and I'm glad I went............it was awesome and inspiring. It was great to see the place full of youngsters too.

I nearly didn't go to Church this morning as usual, but I was called at the last minute and am glad I went. I will be going back to Rock Church next week though.

For anyone interested in learning more, visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Spud
Spud
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 13:31

I think the whole coast thing on stamping ground has got me thinking what is the point. It is generally one person who will just not let go. I think I am going to give it a wide birth for a while.

I am fed up with it.

I have no problems with somone saying they dont think there celtic or having an opinion of dislke but one person is so evangelical, all that person wants is to trash Coast threads and I believe get the bands threads kicked off the board. I think it is right to rise above it but she does need to be brought to book about lies mistruths but that said any response seems put put the ( lets say ) pro Coast fraternaty in a bad light.
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 19:50

Tiz.......... I feel the same, but at the end of the day it is only just 1 person who does this and she is not worth it.

I am approaching it in a different way so that we can put a stop to her hatred and nasty comments not just about Coast but also about us as Coast fans.

As I posted on the SG I think the guys from Runrig would be ashamed to read what she has posted over the last few months.

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 5:25

No celty its the end for me for a while with sg. Skye highs last comments just about finished it for me. he has a right to say what he thinks but to come back at him just adds to the whole pro coast argument. Its time to take some time out of sg. I will sit here smug in the knowledge that I know so much more than him and more particulrly with rb. i am hugely disappointed that two people I admire have agreed with him so much.

Hes post needs to be challenged but if it is it will only be negative. To be honest the rb post is deeply offensive and yet it is allowed to stand.
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 5:28

Hehe I am talking with too much cider in my belly after two amazing rugby matches but think Runrig would be very unhappy with the mb again. Life has reminded me that life is short why waste time arguing getting wound up by negativity.

I gave sg a good go gave it my best but enough is enough for the moment.
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 7:23

Tiz - I was speaking to Karin Ingram tonight on the phone and she hopes you can make to the Melrose gig as she wants one of your famous Tiz hugs

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 8:39

She doesn't know what she's letting herself in for! Laughing Laughing Tiz's hugs are legendary yet we all keep wanting more. lol!

Tiz - in case you weren't aware, a lot of the nastier and more personal bits posted on the SG have been removed.
Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 2:29

Just wanted to clarify some things with reference to my earlier posts. I made mention that Skye high Andys commentes needed to be challenged and in that and in response from a pm from him I have been able to do that, but I still maintain it needed to be done publically as It is erronous in my opinion ( he does not and that is fine ) . I fill that any response to negative Coast posts while justified is damaging Coast and will add even more negativity. I believe the Coast thread has also damaged Runrig as I know several people from here and Facebook who are prdedominately Runrig fans either will no longer post or refuse to sign up to it due to the negativity and not just with Coast.

I am told the current Coast thread will disappear and I for one think that is great news for everyone.

I want to say publically here that I have no problem with Andy as we have always enjoyed each others company, we just have different opinions on Coast and other things but it does not stop me liking the guy or meeting up with him as a friend. I have different political and spirtual thoughts to most of my friends but that is great and what makes the world special. My post was not an attack on him it was just me saying I felt it needed to be challenged but couldnt ( not because of anything on his part just igniting issues and adding another 3 pages of negativity )and that was why I felt so frustrated.
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  celticbird Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 2:57

I for one don't think it should be locked. My issue is and always has been the severity of the dislike towards Coast and the way it becomes personal. It goes beyond constructive criticism and ends up being just a way of slagging off the band, the fans and the home town that it is based in.

The majority of the posts are fine as a rule, just down to one person going OTT as usual and that is the issue that should be looked at. Whether it is done for attention or not, it should out of habit, keep being checked on , especially if is known to have caused problems before. Why should one spoil it for so many? And get away with it again?
celticbird
celticbird
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 5:11

Just to clarify the closure thing...I asked andy to close it and I'll create a new one. It's largely a cosmetic exercise but will help draw a line under the last few months.

For what it's worth I think Andy, and even a certain 'lady' have valid views on the band they call COAST, but in the latter's case the way 'she' puts across her points are deconstructive rather than constructive. And while I disagree with some of Andy's analysis, he actually thinks COAST are a good band so I've no axe to grind with andy as he knws how to debate things in a constructive manner.

Anyway, onwards and upwards!

COAST ROCK (in a Celtic kinda way!!)
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 7:29

It seems the thread has not been closed which is a huge shame. This has been a huge down for me I am so angry with myself to get so wound up by it. Hearing on facebook that so many of my German and Danish friends saying they would no longer post on SG or even sign up has amazed me but this weekend has made me realise why Runrig called time on the old site. Sadly I think SG is a good forum ruined by one or two and that is not because they do not like Coast or have differing views to myself its the intent of those people. I think they are destroying the board.

Please dont turn this into an anti SG thread it was not meant that way nor do I want it to become such.
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  celticbird Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 8:08

Tiz I hope you are going to honour Karin's request Very Happy
celticbird
celticbird
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 10:58

tiz wrote:It seems the thread has not been closed which is a huge shame.

It is now locked, in line with the request from the OP. Be fair Tiz, Andy does have a life outside the forum and he needed to discuss the matter with other Admin/Mods first - none of whom can spend all day watching the screen! Wink
Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 20:30

Well Angela has gone off to work so its going to be a lazy day for me listening to music, watching films and spreading the Coast message on My Space

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 20:53

I am supposed to be trying to blitz my college work!! But I keep finding much more interesting things to do to amuse me!! Going to spend the morning with my lovely lads and then off to see my Aunt in hospital in the afternoon.....study?? What's that!!!! Laughing
Linda
Linda

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Tue 16 Feb 2010 - 3:19

Puffin wrote:
tiz wrote:It seems the thread has not been closed which is a huge shame.

It is now locked, in line with the request from the OP. Be fair Tiz, Andy does have a life outside the forum and he needed to discuss the matter with other Admin/Mods first - none of whom can spend all day watching the screen! Wink

no way was I slagging Andy off I was told early in the day it was being closed and I was disappointed it was still there. Andy was brilliant in his contacting me and replying. When I was told it was being closed I thought it would disappear. It hasnt its just been locked. I apologise for stating what I felt but believe the thread has damaged Stamping ground with its negativity. I will state for the record its ok not to like a band its ok to have differing views. The thread was and is still negative and in "my" opinion should be deleted. I think people have expressed disappointment with Runrig concerts without being overtly negative and are entitled to their opinon and have done so in a contstructive way without damaging SG. ( I want to say I do not agree with them as I think Runrig have gone up several notches again this year )
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum: