Constructive feedback

Go down

Constructive feedback

Post  Trousers on Fri 12 Feb 2010 - 10:47

I hesitated before starting this thread as I didn't want it to be taken negatively, just looking for some constructive feedback that the band may get benefit from when looking back, before they start recording the next album. So don't shoot me down Paul! I love you really :-))

For me, the only thing I would really change is not having two versions of America on the same release. It sort of interupts the flow as you get that 'i've heard this one before' feeling.

The other observation is that 'These Walls' has a 'tagged on the end' feel...but that is fully understandable as I know the tracklisting had to be finalised in a short space of time due to the looming publication deadline and that given more time 'The Work Song' would have taken it's place.

So, what would you have done differently? (band members are allowed to reply too!) ;-)

Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2008-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Constructive feedback

Post  COAST on Fri 12 Feb 2010 - 11:12

dya know what the best thing about this band is for me?? is that fact that we love feedback from fans and also we listen to everything that is said and in a lot of cases it has help shape things in a certain way.
dont feel bad about posting how you feel about coast .we dont mind constructive feedback Smile

America

Number of posts : 456

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/pauleasthampiano

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman on Fri 12 Feb 2010 - 19:27

I agree with both of your points Trousers.

I would rather have seen a remixed The Great Crowd than a radio edit of America.

To me the album is the best of 2009 and a celtic classic

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2008-02-13

View user profile http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  jacqui on Fri 12 Feb 2010 - 23:30

Ok - I agree with the above posts. The American long version should have been on as the main 'America' with 'These Walls' and an album track and the 'America Edit' on as the bonus if it was needed. It seems to break up the flow a bit by not having the shorter 'America' at the end.

I love the cd and if I was to ask for anything it would simply be more of the same please! If it isn't broken don't try to fix it!
jacqui
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz on Fri 12 Feb 2010 - 23:55

Agree with trousers on the America tracks and very slightly feel The reckless engineer needs another verse. Its no critism really as I love it.

On the walls end of cd feel I am sure that is the case only with us have the ep. My friends love it and loads say its their favourite.
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 7:31

MORE PIPES!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 7:46

I love this album. I dont agree with the America comments. I like both versions and think the the 9 minute version is a full musical journey whilst the 5 minute one is another great track on the album but more like a trip to the shops and back instead of the full monty journey. Both are an equally good listen. These Walls does stand out a bit but that doesnt mean it doesnt fit or belong in the album (IMHO of course).

I think there should be more arpeggiators used Razz affraid

It's now nigh on 3 months and I still dont have a 'skip it' track on the album. I dont think it lacks anything, it's varied and entertaining.........MORE PIPES!!!!!

Sepia Eyes would have been nice I suppose, if I had to give a constructive opinion. Good job I have the Great Crowd to listen to.

MORE PIPES!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers on Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 7:59

Tam, I know you're the number one coast fan but more pipes? You sure? Say what you mean man!

Good point about these Walls Tiz - although I think or would work better in the middle of the album rather than the end.

BUT as everyone says, none of this detracts from it being my most played album of all time!!!!

Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda on Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 8:40

On my first listen I was surprised that there were the two versions of America on the one CD, but I have to say that the more I listen to it, the more I enjoy both versions. When the second one comes on I think, great America!! More Pipes would be nice!!! (That's a tenner Tam!!!) Laughing

I love Sepia Eyes and would have loved it on the album, but I honestly don't know how it would have worked alongside the other tracks!! Keep it for your "Best of" album in a year or two!!! And more pipes please (another tenner and a Morgan's and Coke Tam!!!) Laughing
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 8:53

I'm sure we agreed a fiver and a fruit shoot Linda.

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda on Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 9:00

You can't blame a girl for trying!!! Laughing Red Fruit Shoot though!! The one that's really bad for kids!! Laughing
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz on Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 13:09

trust me mate you dont want a hyper active Linda on yer hands at Inverness. She is a right handful without food colourings.
tiz
America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay on Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 17:37

I like the two versions of America on the album, I have no problems with it because they're totally different.
But I don't like These Walls on the end of the cd. The album has a perfect ending with Sunset over Vallay Strand, and the bonus track doesn't fit to the atmosphere. So mostly I finish the album with Sunset over Vallay Strand. That doesn't mean that I don't like These Walls, it's a wonderful song and I enjoy it on the EP.

"More pipes".... why not... bounce
atislay
These Walls

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-09-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz on Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 9:34

I see various members of Runrig have stated they are very excited about Coast as Karin Ingram announced tonight.
tiz
America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  COAST on Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 12:27

was that on border radio tiz??

America

Number of posts : 456

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/pauleasthampiano

Back to top Go down

Post  celticbird on Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 18:49

Has anyone got a link to last nights radio borders show?
celticbird
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 221

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin on Tue 16 Feb 2010 - 0:47

As far as I know Radio Borders is not available on any "listen again" facility - unless someone has recorded it?
Looks like Tiz was the only one who listened to the show so I guess we'll have to wait for him to fill in some more detail! Pretty please Tiz. Very Happy
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz on Tue 16 Feb 2010 - 3:33

COAST wrote:was that on border radio tiz??

She played a Coast cd for me at the end of the shhow and commented that Coast were the current favourite band of many of the Runrig Band. I know from some conversations with her that this is the case and she said Bruce was genuinely blown away by them. Please dont not use my words as I cant remember the exact words.

If I had not listened to Radio borders I would have been in a foul mood all weekend.
tiz
America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David Ex on Thu 18 Feb 2010 - 3:38

Tiz Rousers (Trousers) has offered to do your shift for you..........Up you come matey!! Shocked
David Ex
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz on Thu 18 Feb 2010 - 8:11

hes all trousers and no mouth that one
tiz
America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David Ex on Fri 19 Feb 2010 - 0:08

Is there no way at all you can make it?? If you can get to Glasgow I will be more than be your taxi....
David Ex
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 0:09

Dave thank you so much I will spend some time later looking again. I thought it was dead but its possible I could get to Glasgow.

Constructive critism - I think turning stone is genius musically it gives me goos bumps. The lyrics I can pick up are superb. I would happily listen to tracks like that for the next 50 years. I can not say how much I love it. Currently the best song I have ever heard in my opinion not just from Coast but anyone.
tiz
America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down