Introduce Yourself>>>>>>>>>>

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Introduce Yourself>>>>>>>>>>

Post  gaelwildflower on Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 11:08

The name's Rebecca! I live in Worthington, Ohio. I became a Coast fan because of someone on the Runrig forum (can't remember whom). Smile I'm a pianist, artist, and songwriter. I'm trying to learn Gaelic, but as a senior in high school, I haven't much time to do something like that. But I know enough to keep my friends and family scratching their heads. lol

Music preferences: Runrig, Wolfstone, Skerryvore, Manran, Coast, Runrig, Snow Patrol, Coldplay, Muse, Enya, Darude and Runrig. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say Runrig more than once? Hmm, I wonder why...
Interests: the ocean (when you've grown up five minutes from the coast, it becomes a part of you), lighthouses, Maine, Scotland, Gaelic language and culture, tartans, history, and my mind is now blank. When I remember the rest, I'll tell you! lol!
gaelwildflower
Coast

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman on Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 19:21

Welcome to Martin and Rebecca

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2008-02-13

View user profile http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  ferdija on Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 0:46

Hello, I'm Elena, from Russia (SPb)
Work as a software translator )

Likes: Mike Oldfield, Runrig, Coast, Mark Knopler, Cal, Enya, Davy Spillane, Yanni, Alphaville and many other bands.... reading, lacemaking (and some other handicrafts), travelling, mountains and lakes, botanical gardens, cats, mice and rats Smile
Dislikes: hot weather (!), crazy neighbours and trade agents Smile

ferdija

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyTee on Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 9:37

Hello Elena, and welcome. I'm sorry to say, however, that this board is very quiet indeed and there's only two of us (myself and Puffin) who look in at all regularly. Almost everyone else has deserted the board and gone off to Coast's page on Facebook where there is apparently a lot of activity (I don't do Facebook myself).

I didn't know that Coast's fame had spread as far as Russia! Like you, a lot of Coast fans also like Runrig - you can find their forum at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - it's a bit busier than this, but not all that much! Interesting to see that you like Celtic music and mountains and lakes, and dislike hot weather - have you ever been to Scotland? That would seem to suit you down to the ground!

As I live in Scotland, far away from Coast's home in the south of England, I've only seen them once when they played a gig in Inverness, and they were very good indeed. Puffin sees them much more often and if she looks in on the board she'll probably be able to tell you much more about them than I can!

DT
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2010-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin on Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 23:50

Hello Elena and welcome!

What Davey has perhaps forgotten Wink is that Coast have a Russian drummer in Andrej so perhaps that's how you came to discover the Band? - and a brilliant drummer he is too, I reckon *controversy alert* that he could give Iain Bayne a run for his money any day, and personally I'd love to see them "drum duet" together! (We need a drumming smiley here!)

Are you actually living in Russia?

If you like Cal, have you heard the new band Amber Road (made up in part of ex-Cal members, I believe)? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] They are on my "want to see live" list, along with several others, not least the amazing band The Seer from South Germany: if you like Coast and Runrig, give them a try. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Same goes for you DT!) They have been together for nearly 20 years and released their first album in 1995 and ALL their songs are in English. Someone is trying to get them over to the UK for a gig or two so I'm keeping fingers crossed for that.

I share some of your "likes" but you can keep the cats, rats and mice and I don't have either the patience or fingers for lace-making! I love Scotland, especially the Highlands and have visited most of the Scottish Islands over the years, including the remoter ones. Here in the south of England we are blessed with not only the odd botanical garden and arboretum but a wealth of beautiful gardens open to the public (many owned by the National Trust) which are lovely to visit through the spring, summer and autumn.

Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyTee on Wed 13 Feb 2013 - 11:19

Almost right, Puffin - I hadn't "forgotten" that about Andrej, worse than that I hadn't ever realised he is Russian!

Cal I can take or leave, but The Amber Road band sound very promising indeed. I was aware of the Seer, but in view of what you said I listened to extracts today from one of their albums ("Heading For the Sun") and I'm afraid to say that I didn't like them very much. I didn't really hear an awful lot (if anything) in their music that suggested a Celtic tag was justified and there wasn't really enough melody for my liking. Still, it would be a poor world if we all liked the same. I'm currently awaiting arrival of "That's Who", a box set from the great Frankie Miller, possibly the best blues voice ever to come out of Scotland. I do very much like Mark Knopfler - currently five of his albums on my mp3 player!

DT
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2010-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3