Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tonder Festival 2011

4 posters

Go down

Tonder Festival  2011 Empty Tonder Festival 2011

Post  Guest Fri 19 Nov 2010 - 20:50

Great news ............ Very Happy Very Happy
Coast comes back to Tønder Festival 2011! bounce bounce cheers
I can promise all who come to support Coast they will have a great experience, Tønder Festival is one of Europe's best, then come on to Denmark ..........
It can be hard to find B & Bs and hotels, so hurry up !!!!!!
There are also good campsites!
I have contact to a hotel 20 minutes' drive from Tonder, in Denmark, to reasonable prices for Coast Fan! There is also the possibility of reasonable taxi prices!
Let's start a list, so there will be an overview how many it can be .........
There will be room for 36 to 40 people!

See you in Tonder for Suneggs and Old Danish ... Cheers drunken

Back to top Go down

Tonder Festival  2011 Empty Re: Tonder Festival 2011

Post  atislay Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 2:27

Yes, I'm also really looking forward to Coast-Revisited in Tønder this year. Only one night for me, but that's better than nothing... So who else will come to the festival ?
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 1:52

So nobody else of the forum ready for Tonder ?
I'm really looking forward to it.
M.
W.
A. ! Very Happy
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 7:38

Back from Tønder. Great festival, great performance of the guys.
Will write some words later but here's already a snippet (without words...) Very Happy

atislay
atislay
These Walls

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 5:31

Tønder Festival 2011.
For me just one night although Coast played every day during this 4-days-festival.
However, it was worthwile to do this long trip to Denmark again like last year.
It was a bit more comfortable for me this year, I got a bed for the night and a shower for the morning after... thanks to Andrea and Silke who made it possible. Very Happy

The Coast gig on Friday, 26th August:
It was a well-balanced 75 minutes concert.
A three-girls-string-ensemble played at Keep Loving, Victory-O, America and The Beat of You. Well, I was a little bit sceptical because I don't like string ensembles in a rock concert very much. But in Tønder the strings fit very well to the ballads. I didn't like America with the strings but I think this is a matter of taste...
A big surprise were the "double drums"... Iain Bayne played together with Mongo at Docks and TBOY. The rocky version of Docks was just superb, it was great to see that the rocky Coast is back.
Now Steve Picken puts many new elements to the songs, best example is Ruabhal. I loved it !!! And finally I heard The Angels share live... what an exceptional piece of "picking" guitar work ! Just great Very Happy
Well, like last year Oceanos was a highlight. It's fantastic to sing the song together with a crowd of 2000+ people, goosebumps !!! And again the lightshow was superb.
I hope that the guys will come back to Tønder next year, it will be probably again a crazy trip for me. But now it's time for some tour dates in Germany, I saw so many german fans in Denmark... "Coast we are waiting for you" !!! Very Happy Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 8:38

Great reviews guys. I have tried to log in but think my keyboard is playing up. No matter how I tried to lof in it would not accept me.
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 23:38

Great review - sounds like it was a brilliant show. cheers

As we've been away we've missed most of the postings on Facebook about Tonder as the access from John's phone seems very restricted and we didn't know Iain had joined in too! We did see that Paul and Steve had played together with the lovely Mr Guthro and his son but haven't been able to find links to any video of that. Crying or Very sad

Edit: I've just seen a video via FB of Paul, Steve, Bruce..... WOW!!!! Very Happy cheers bounce Very Happy It looks as if they've been playing together for years and are all really enjoying themselves too.
Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 5:00

A belated "Thumbs Up" to another superb Tønder Festival this year. One of many highlights of the COAST journey this year.
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down