Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please dont censor

+3
celticbird
COAST
trug
7 posters

Go down

Please dont censor Empty Please dont censor

Post  trug Sat 22 Jan 2011 - 12:31

I would really like to answer a criticism to a thread on the Runrig forum by a person whom it would appear has now no name or identity,not a problem as far as I am concerned.Basically its this.Yes you are right, I do wish there was more discussion on this forum,I have made no secret of that,it does not however mean that because a message board is not particularly active that the band is not active.As it happens to the best of my knowledge the guys are working on their new album and new material which,if you have any knowledge of being in a very active (though perhaps not yet very high profile band)takes time especially if you still have to pay your rent and hold down a full time job.Also you seem to think that being a pub band is in some way a bad thing and that it therefore makes the guys second rate and have no hope.I really dont know why.Absolutely no band despite, the efforts of Simon Cowell etc, can manufacture an instant successful band,sorry.Any good band worth its salt works pubs,clubs,weddings,anything to improve itself,gain experience,make it self a better product and spread the word of its existence,that's what bands do.OK you want honesty Coast are not the best band in the world,or are they?Bands and the music they play is such a subjective subject,what one person loves is hell on earth to another however,for me the richness and diversity in music(and I really mean all sorts of music)means there is room for everyone and the best thing of all is you(or should I say one)has the power over it all because,if you like it turn it up,if you dont turn it off.Nothing could be simpler,just ignore what you dont like,no one will mind or think less of you or me for what we think is good or bad,end of!

trug
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Please dont censor Empty Re: Please dont censor

Post  COAST Sun 23 Jan 2011 - 9:36

Whoever said that seemed to fail to see that the website has lots an lots of visitors everyday.
We tend to use the website for updates, forums are old hat now, if this person looks on the coast facebook then he or she ( or both )?? would see that the coast community is indeed buzzing and very much alive. how would you describe the best band in the world?? the musicians? the songs? both? depends on what you like realy.
i like great songs played well, i also like great songs played badly, ( the beatles comes to mind).
the werent the worlds best musicians but people would describe them as the best band in the world. but then again that only down to my own opinions.
coast have moved with the times an embraced things like facebook so its back handed compliment because if you look at the Runrig facebook page,, its not as active as the forum where TBH only about 15 regular posters exist..
i find it very odd that someone who claims to hate the band so much for what appears to be more racist reasons than anything else would keep a keen watch on the live shows, forum and well.. everything to do with coast,
sounds like a closet case of envy to be honest.
So if this theory is correct then im sure that person would see this post.
Anyway we try and concentrate more on the fans than the ones that dont.
but hey just to round up..
would be nice to see more people posting on here but whatever you prefer realy Smile

COAST
COAST
America

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2008-02-12

http://www.myspace.com/pauleasthampiano

Back to top Go down

Post  celticbird Sun 23 Jan 2011 - 20:54

I totally agree with Trug's comments about a certain person's postings on the RR forum and I have to admit that I have retaliated to such comments. But finally, after all the hassle the scathing comments are being dealt with and the less fuel added to that fire the better.
IMHO - The Stones were better than the Beatles and I think they are only hailed as one of the best bands because they were so popular and introduced a relatively new sound to the masses.
Also IMHO it is rare to find such an unusual talent as Paul Eastham's - humility being at the forefront of that talent, and that to me makes it very special indeed. Long may it continue!!
celticbird
celticbird
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Wed 26 Jan 2011 - 0:05

I wish this board was more active as well. But we are a little bit in a lul and also dont have the numbers. I could do more I guess on the posting front but dont want to do so just to make this place busy. its a great place with great friends and great threads and good debate. the faact that its not busy does not detract from its quality.

In a few months i reckon we wont be able to shut up and I cant wait.

And the other person/persons are jealous of friendships and Coast have been a victim of that and to be honest a bit of zealous though understandable amount of early excited Coast posting on the Sg did get up a few peoples noses. And it didnt help that people me included barked back. The other person also does not like anything that isnt from the isles and will attack in a racist way anything that isnt but is influened by it. That said that person had every right to express their views what wasnt right were the lies and ferocity of attack.

Being a positive Runrig fan I am glad things have been dealt with effectively now on Stamping ground and am feeling I can enjoy it again.

Trug for me Runrig are the best band in the world but that crown could slip with Coast and they are hiers aparrent for that throne in MINE eyes. Dont get me wrong I am not saying the next Runrig i am saying the next heirs apparent for tiz's best band in the world.
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Wed 26 Jan 2011 - 0:40

We could add Paul to the Bruce Donnie Argument hehehe that will gaurantee debate for the next 20 years hehehe. it is only a joke honest
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Please dont censor Empty Re:Please dont censor

Post  trug Wed 26 Jan 2011 - 4:13

Hey Tiz,To me Coast are certainly a long way yet from me calling them the best band in the world that's for sure but promise they have in plenty and watching them grow in stature and confidence and seeing pretty close up the break downs and pressure's on this band has for me been a bit of a privilege really,the main thing though through good and bad they, as a band have pulled through.There is now a lot of hype about the 2ND album The Turning Stone,this album has a lot to live up to and only time,feed back and sales are going to tell.With this particular thread we were dealing with criticism and I see no problem saying that one does not like this or that track or even album but if you dont like the band anyway just dont go on the site or as it was in this particular instance the thread on Runrig's site.I do take the point re talking so much about one band on another bands site however that's what the facility is on there for.The person who was criticising were themselves being criticized for racist talk but I think it was more to do with territory and basically not willing to except that other people from wherever can be influenced by another location other than their home town which I do find a little sad,beauty abounds in the british isles,(I hasten to add here in other countries aplenty too of course)its free and its ours to share and one would hope be proud of,not jealous of.
Oh and for the record of course it was Donnie who was best.Bruce is however an excellent replacement.Paul continues to grow,watch this space!For the other record my favorite band..... The Startled Hamsters(bit biased there)along with Runrig, Coast,Zep,Genisis,purple....etc...etc

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Wed 26 Jan 2011 - 4:37

Hmmm... to be honest, I don't know what this thread is about...
Is it about censoring messages (what I hope will NEVER happen in this forum...) or is it about "What's the best band in the world ?" (can't find an answer to that question....) or is it about something else ?
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 3:42

Hi Atislay,glad your making it to the Ironworks.I can see and take your point about this thread,its a bit like a conversation in a pub that ebbs and flows in various directions.It started about me wanting to answer about a criticism then kind of drifted off on to different subjects as things often do when people converse so I guess its a multi threaded thread really.Possibly the bits put on the end of Tiz's and my comments were a way of trying to lighten a bit of a heavy subject.(dont know just a guess) I know of course that this does not really answer your question as well as it should perhaps but there you are,maybe we should start two more threads Favorite band and who is best Donnie or Bruce but then we already know who would win that one of course..........Donnie!

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 6:34

I know I keep saying it but I'm going to make (another) concerted effort to post on here more often from here on in.

As Paul highlights, Facebook is a much more instant channel and has made Messageboards seem a a bit "old hat".

And it would seem that by not coming here often I've missed the latest vitirolic rant on the Stamping Ground....darn! I used to like the entertainent value that the few stirrers on there provided....hey ho. Live goes on :-)
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 9:08

Trousers wrote:And it would seem that by not coming here often I've missed the latest vitirolic rant on the Stamping Ground....darn! I used to like the entertainent value that the few stirrers on there provided....hey ho. :-)

That's it, encourage her! Twisted Evil You know she reads every word on here so will be only too happy to oblige. 'Course, if she wasn't such a scaredy she'd come on here as herself and tell us all about it....

Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 10:40

Puffin wrote:
Trousers wrote:And it would seem that by not coming here often I've missed the latest vitirolic rant on the Stamping Ground....darn! I used to like the entertainent value that the few stirrers on there provided....hey ho. :-)

That's it, encourage her! Twisted Evil You know she reads every word on here so will be only too happy to oblige. 'Course, if she wasn't such a scaredy she'd come on here as herself and tell us all about it....

Me? Encourage such debauchary...? Nah, never.....you must have me confusing with someone who takes the cynics of this world too seriously.... Wink
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 11:24

Children,firstly dont bait.Its unseemly.Secondly, re Paul's statement about message boards being "old hat"I must say I do really rather like old hat sometimes.I find its rather nice just to talk exclusively to my Coast friends on here rather than the bigger stage that facebook affords.I am not so naive as to think that this is only read by just my friends,it just feels more like it is.Do you know what I mean?Sorry Atislay we are rather moving off the subject again.

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 22:56

trug wrote:Children,firstly dont bait.Its unseemly.

It was that Trousers wot started it! Razz Twisted Evil Laughing

Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 0:40

Puffin wrote:
trug wrote:Children,firstly dont bait.Its unseemly.

It was that Trousers wot started it! Razz Twisted Evil Laughing

Who, little ol' innocent me? Wink
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 3:39

Now then behave you two or the mods will come and...............well do bad things to you.No Puffin they wont be bringing Tiz with them!!Now just settle down please.

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 4:07

Yes, Gramps, sorry Gramps. Smile

*hides*

Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd