Plans for the near future 2011/12

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Plans for the near future 2011/12

Post  DaveyTee on Sun 13 Nov 2011 - 19:51

Admin wrote:I'm aiming to address that by starting a weekly 'blog' on here. Hopefully that will plug some of the communication gaps that people have picked up on.
As this board appears to have slipped into the doldrums again following a welcome burst of activity, I was wondering if there has been any progress on the blog? I hasten to add that this is not a nag, just a request for information - I know that if there isn't any concrete news to report, it's very difficult to write anything worthwhile! Perhaps, however, there may be some news on the recording front - have the band started work on a new album, for example? How's the song-writing going for any such album? Or gigs - any news on any more UK gigs in particular? And is there anything to report on the quest for a new drummer? Or how's Paul getting on with his model railway? Smile (That is not meant to be a derogatory comment, by the way - I, along with such as Rod Stewart, Frank Sinatra, Bruce Springsteen and Hermann Goering [maybe I shouldn't have mentioned him] are/were very fond of model railways)

DT
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2010-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin on Mon 14 Nov 2011 - 5:18

Perhaps Trousers is down? Wink

I'll fetch me coat!

Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyTee on Mon 14 Nov 2011 - 6:31

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

DT
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2010-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers on Tue 15 Nov 2011 - 6:10

I wrote a draft blog tail end of last week but haven't had chance to dot the i's and cross the t's yet.

True story! :-)

I'm mega busy this week (organising and hosting a conference for my company at Lord's cricket ground this Thursday) so don't anticipate being able to get it out (so to speak) until the weekend.

Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2008-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda on Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 0:59

Forgive me, I am bored and trawling..... Laughing

So we are now into 2012 and 2 and a bit months on since the fan club idea was taken on board, so are things any further forward on this score?

I appreciate that everyone has busy lives, but I think a decent up and running fan club can only be a good thing for the band, the fans and the promotion of the band.

I know a few of us have thrown a helping hand out in this direction, so use us all!!!! Very Happy

Let's make 2012 the year that the fan club is born.......
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  celticbird on Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 5:51

I haven't actually seen the guys to talk to and if there is to be a Fan club (I've spoken to Iain at great length about this) it is no easier task to run and I'd have thought that it is something that possibly Ian Macivor would probably be very good at.

My other concern is (speaking from a managerial point of view) there is a chance that too many cooks will spoil the broth so to speak. I really don't wish to dampen anyone's spirits over this. It would be awesome to have a fan club. But who in reality has got the time to write it, collate it, send it to Iain for checking, re-write if necessary, liase with the boys, sort out the data base for sending it as a pdf doc......blah blah blah

I, in my naivety thought it would be a walk in the park. According to Mr. Bayne it takes a huge committment and a huge amount of time to sort out. So, Mr Bayne back to you on this one Laughing
celticbird
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 221

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda on Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 6:25

Well the offer is there to help if need be. I am employed as an Admin assistant and am happy enough to help kick start a fan club if needed and having retired from Voluntary Secretarial posts last year, I have spare evenings. Very Happy

I tend to agree with Martin that a fan club should be run by fans for fans, but that is just my opinion. Very Happy
Linda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  celticbird on Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 6:35

Well the final decision will be made by Iain and the boys and Celty and I have bounced the idea around with Trousers and the boys for almost two years now and only time will tell.

celticbird
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 221

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda on Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 6:42

Let's hope for the sake of the band and the fans, that we get something soon!!! Very Happy
Linda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman on Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 8:21

In my own personal view I dont think a fan club as in "Fan Club" will ever take off. In the days before the internet really took off it would have worked....but now with facebook i think its more or less impossible to do.

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756

View user profile http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda on Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 23:36

I guess the trick to a successful fan club is making sure that the members get information before it is released onto Social Network sites, also having offers and special fan club members merchandise too. I let my RR membership lapse because it just wasn't giving me anything for the 15 I was paying a year. All information was already out in the public arena before they got round to emailing fan club members.

I am sure the right decisions will be made, I just thought it was something that was being discussed as a goer.

Off to trawl the Stamping Ground now!!! Laughing Laughing
Linda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman on Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 19:30

Linda wrote:I guess the trick to a successful fan club is making sure that the members get information before it is released onto Social Network sites

you've hit the nail on the head...........and that is more or less impossible these days.

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756

View user profile http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers on Fri 13 Jan 2012 - 21:05

Hi Linda et all,

Yup, Celty highlights it in a nutshell.

It's the same with forums such as this....Facebook and Twitter, whether we like it or not, have irreversably put the kybosh on more sedate and controlled forms of communication.

Printed daily newspapers are going the same way and, I predict, pretty much won't exist in 10 years time.

If there was to be a fan club it would, in my opinion, definately need to be managed by someone who currently doesn't have any other committments in connection with the band as, from my own experience, there simply isn't the time to focus on more than one main thing.

This is evident from my involvement to date. I've gone from concentrating 100% of my 'spare' time on online 'cottage industry' promotion activities (such as the website, forum, pestering the life out of Stamping Ground users! etc) between 2007 and 2010 to the tour management side of things in 2011.

So, IF a fan club was ever to take off I think it would pretty much be a full time 'hobby' for someone.

Anyway, enough of my musings. Proper work to do!

Cheers,
Martin

Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2008-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2