Hello!

Go down

Hello!

Post  DaveyTee on Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 19:23

As over seven weeks have elapsed sinec the last post on this group, I thought I'd do one.

Hello Puffin!
Hello Colyates!

Smile

DT
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2010-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  Puffin on Sat 25 Aug 2012 - 1:16

Hello Davey!! *waves*

I look in every day but with all the lights out and no-one at home I find it rather lonely so don't tend to stay long although I am used to talking to myself!!

So then I go and hi-jack John's Facebook page and it seems everything happens on Facebook these days.... and nowhere else! Easy to miss out, that way. Crying or Very sad

We did go to another great Coast gig at the Talking Heads in Southampton last Friday but sadly we had no sneak previews of any new songs (we live in hope!!)

See you back on the 'Marie Celeste' in another seven weeks'?!! Wink

Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  colyates on Sat 25 Aug 2012 - 1:55

hI Davey cheers i'm like puffin look in every day but with no one postin no need to reply to anything Crying or Very sad

colyates
Coaster

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyTee on Sat 25 Aug 2012 - 23:49

I don't do Facebook and when I looked at Coast's page there I was utterly confused by it and shan't bother again. The website isn't really much help either, so I'm afraid that I'm just losing touch with the whole Coast thing.

How was the Talking Heads gig, Puffin? Did you see any of the old crowd from this forum there? Did the band inspire? The website suggests that other than a couple of shows in Southampton they have nothing else fixed for the rest of the year.

DT
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin on Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 1:32

Hi Davey

Most of the Facebook stuff seems to be from Paul, and the Band members/possibly Trousers posting as "Coast", which those who are "Friends" or "Friends of Friends" can see. These are often re-posted on the "Coast Fans Scotland" and "Coast Fans Midlands" pages.

The gig was good, reasonably well-attended by (as Hamish's wife put it) "the usual suspects" which included ourselves (travelling from Gloucester), Rob (travelled from Wolverhampton), Celty & Angela (West Sussex) and more local-to-the-Southampton-area people including Gordon Hardie, plus local friends & family of the Band. Can't remember who is/is not a member here and don't know who else you might know. Mongo was also there in the audience. A couple of fans from Holland spent the last evening of their holiday in England in the Talking Heads too! Tiz didn't finish work early enough to go, Trug was playing elsewhere in his own band and Trousers was away on his hols.

It was a hot evening following a lovely sunny summer's day in Hampshire (although that weather didn't extend as far north as Gloucester where there was torrential rain!) so that may have reduced the numbers by several.

The Band are apparently in the studio quite often rehearsing and recording for the next album to be released (hopefully) next spring and the new single "Believe" due out in October - it was that we had hoped we would hear a sneak preview of but it was not to be. Crying or Very sad

The only forthcoming gigs we are aware of are those on the website: the charity one next Sunday and the Old Mill in October. Last weeks' was arranged at fairly short notice: at least, we only found out about it a couple of weeks before. I take it you are on the mailing list and received the August newsletter early in the month which details all the above anyway?

Did the Band inspire? Sorry, I am too biased to answer that fairly as I enjoy the live gigs bounce and Coast are undoubtedly very good live! It would be good to see them at a bigger venue with a huge crowd (as in Denmark or Germany) but it is kind of nice to be in a small, intimate venue and to know the band members well enough for them to recognise us, remember our names and (above all for this shameless ageing groupie Wink ) to be on the receiving end of some hugs from them!!! cheers

Puffin
The Great Crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay on Mon 3 Sep 2012 - 4:32

Thanks for the informations about the Talking Heads gig, Puffin, that's very appreciated ! Very Happy
And Hello to Davey T and Col Yates !!!
Well I was the last one who posted a review (of the Bonfeld gig) here at the beginning of July and didn't get any reaction... It seems that there is no interest to read it or to write comments, so it's a waste of time to take time for writing in this forum. Sadly... Crying or Very sad
atislay
These Walls

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-09-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin on Mon 3 Sep 2012 - 7:30

Hi there!

Yes, this forum seems to be dead on its feet - and sadly the Coast website isn't doing much better, which is not good news for any potential new fan looking to find out more about the Band! Personally speaking, if I come across some music from an artist or band I have not heard of before, I will look for their website and if this is out of date then I won't bother looking any further, assuming the artist is no longer active. I'll bet I'm not the only one.... Question

We had hoped to be attending another Coast gig this evening but there appears to have been a er.... cock-up somewhere and we only discovered by chance late last night that this was not taking place after all: it could easily have cost us 60+ we cannot afford had we travelled (petrol and admission) to Southampton. Mad This gig is still (as I write) showing on the Coast website:
Sep 2** 14:00 Talking Heads, Southampton
** Charity event - Steve Picken solo set (16:00), Paul Eastham solo set (18:15), COAST full band set (19:00)

and was promoted with more detailed timings on a Talking Heads poster which someone posted on Facebook during last week.
There was also some discussion on Facebook as to who was going to be there and who couldn't attend: at no time did the band or management post anything to say this full Coast set was NOT happening. It was only thanks, it would seem, to Hamish who contacted Gordon Hardie last night, who in turn sent us a PM, that we did not waste time and money travelling south today. I hope this wasn't a cynical ploy to encourage more people to attend the charity event by promoting a full Coast set which was never going to happen. Without Facebook friends we would not have been aware it was not taking place until we arrived. This sort of thing could lose Coast not just fans but credibility which is not what they need at all! Shocked
I suspect this little rant will be removed by Admin [assuming they ever come on here these days!] but we were looking forward to another night of Coast and we are disappointed. Much as we love Steve and Paul's solo work, we just cannot justify travelling such a distance in our present circumstances for two short solo spots - sorry, guys!

Here's hoping it WILL all happen at the Old Mill in October! bounce

Puffin
The Great Crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Data1964 on Tue 25 Sep 2012 - 8:23

I look in 2 - 3 times a week, but for some reason I have to log in every time. Even with the auto log in thingy checked, but not a lot been happening, so I haven't bothered logging in.
Data1964
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 86
Location : Somewhere Over the Rainbow, In the Land of Leprechauns
Registration date : 2008-02-13

View user profile http://www.noneoftheabove.info/

Back to top Go down

Post  joke on Fri 19 Oct 2012 - 1:28

Puffin wrote:Hi Davey

. A couple of fans from Holland spent the last evening of their holiday in England in the Talking Heads too!

Hello !!

1 of the fans from Holland Very Happy !! My husband and I love Coast and stayed in the neighberhood of Southampton to see Coast in The Talking Heads !!! It was great !! Hope they will come to Holland some day........
It is difficult to write in English, so that's the reason why I don't post here on the forum, but I like it to read...... study
Most of the time I'm on Facebook....

Greetings from Holland,

Joke (and that's a Dutch name,so don't laugh.... lol! ) Laughing
joke

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyTee on Wed 28 Nov 2012 - 8:57

Puffin wrote:Here's hoping it WILL all happen at the Old Mill in October! bounce

Well, as I understand it it didn't. But in any event, Puffin, there doesn't seem to be any point in continuing to visit this board. It's only you and me now - no-one from the band or its inner core of supporters. No mention of the new lead guitarist. No mention of the new EP. So I'm going to give it a few more days, but then I'm going to stop visiting and I suspect that I will then lose all interest in Coast, which is sad. To some extent I suppose that's my own fault - no doubt I could be kept in the loop if I joined Facebook and involved myself in the band's page there, but I don't like FB and when I did look at their page I found it messy and disorganised.

Strange to think that there are 220 members of this board and that once upon a time, in November 2009, there were 27 of them online all at once. Today there's only me and a couple of guests, and they can hardly be very impressed. Times change, they keep telling me, but that doesn't mean to say that I have to change too, particularly when the new offering is not as good as the old.

DT
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin on Wed 28 Nov 2012 - 10:04

Hello Davey!

Yes, it is something of a black hole in here these days which I find quite sad. Crying or Very sad If it wasn't for Mr Puffin's Facebook account (which I look at) I wouldn't know much about Coast at all as almost everything is posted directly to FB and if one doesn't look at it for a few days, then the chances are any news might be missed anyway. (As it is, Mr Puffin lives in there!! silent ) To be fair, the announcement of Steve's replacement (Andy) was put on the Coast website fairly promptly.

We won't even be able to see Coast at the newly-arranged Winchester gig in December as we already have tickets for Caledon in Pershore (Worcestershire) that evening, booked long before the Old Mill was cancelled/postponed. Mind you, we only found out about the Pershore show via someone (a Runrig Fan) we had met there a few years ago in 2009 when we last saw Caledon, and whose father receives regular updates from the venue with advance notice of who will be appearing in the months ahead: the artistes own website has not been updated since early in the year and still makes no mention of any 2012 dates...! And if you write through the "Contact Us" bit, no-one responds. Mad So it isn't just Coast who are a tad tardy with the updates! Goodness, even the ticket agencies were showing details of Runrig's Edinburgh Castle gig before the Band officially announced it and we received the e-mail the evening before the tickets went on sale. scratch

Oh well, I expect our paths will cross from tome to time over on the RR forum if not here!

Grumbles about websites and Facebook aside, in my 'umble opinion, Coast need to get themselves out there to lots of places, be it 'music pubs' or small halls/music venues all around the country (not just in Southampton and Scotland where the attendees are mainly existing fans) and push for local coverage beforehand in press and on radio if they are to become better known in the UK, as they well deserve to be. "Believe" was played on Lionheart Radio from Alnwick (Northumberland) this afternoon and until recently when the station had to take a break off-air, they were played at least once a week on Generate Radio (via the internet) from Duns in Berwickshire: a live show or two somewhere in the general area could attract many new fans who have heard their music in this way and, in the words of a well-known song, "start spreading the news!".

However, as I doubt anyone from the Band or (perhaps more importantly their management) will ever read this any such suggestions will no doubt not even be given the time of day! tongue

Hope santa is good to you!

Puffin
The Great Crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: