Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce Yourself>>>>>>>>>>

+27
DaveyTee
Martin James
The Bat
Ploofling
Dutchpaul
Dox
Cath
Sarah Ellen
donnicolson
Lucarius
Janine
Irene
Lancs Dave
usrunrigfan
Lothlorien
numbersix
Conor2
Spud
David Ex
atislay
trug
tiz
Linda
Trousers
celticbird
jacqui
Celtman
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Introduce Yourself>>>>>>>>>> Empty Introduce Yourself>>>>>>>>>>

Post  Celtman Wed 17 Feb 2010 - 6:13

Hi Coaster's

Here you can introduce yourself and tell us what you like or dont like.......

Cheers

Celty

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself>>>>>>>>>> Empty Re: Introduce Yourself>>>>>>>>>>

Post  jacqui Thu 18 Feb 2010 - 4:17

Originally from Monifieth in Angus but currently in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Likes - chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, aerobics, gym, hillwalking, rugby

Hates - Marmite, mustard

Favourite Music - as well as Coast (obviously!!!) - Runrig, The Saw Doctors, The Killers, Snow Patrol, James, Within Temptation amongst others but I also love dance music!

Last edited by jacqui on Thu 18 Feb 2010 - 7:47; edited 1 time in total
jacqui
jacqui
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post  celticbird Thu 18 Feb 2010 - 5:08

Born on Wheelus Air Force Base, Tripoli.

Likes: Coast, Runrig, Seth Lakeman, Show of Hands, chocolate, Jason Stratham, being by the sea, wide open spaces, reading, chillaxing, needlecrafts, just sitting quietly

Dislikes: spiders and most creepy crawlies, liver, kidney, ex husbands, Dave's battle rock, heavy rock, constant noise, lateness and bad manners

Significant others: Dave aka Celty, Josh my son and Eloise my daughter, Terence the dog
celticbird
celticbird
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Thu 18 Feb 2010 - 5:43

Hello. I'm Martin, or Trousers to his friends (and some enemies). And, before you ask, no, I can't remember why I'm called that....I guess I must have been under the influence when it was first spawned, so to speak!

Born in Berkshire (somewhat unsurprisingly) in a small picturesque hamlet we know around these parts as 'Reading'.

Likes: COAST (or any Celtic Rock come to think about it ;-) ), Chris de Burgh (or any Irish singer-songwriter t***s come to think of it), Badgers, Real Ale, Cumquats, Southampton Football Club (COYR!!!!), Badgers, Fillet Steak, Foie Gras (thanks for the spelling Lionel!), Real Ale, Badgers

Dislikes: People that walk out of doorways right in front of your path without looking. That's all.
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Thu 18 Feb 2010 - 7:03

Born and brought up in Ross-Shire, which is the County north of Inverness.

I love my country, my culture and my heritage, I have researched my family history to make sure that everyone on my family line fought on the "right" side at Culloden!!!!. I am also a die hard Scottish Nationalist!! I also love Morgan's Spiced Rum, Johnny Depp, weepy movies and good books. My family, hubster and two lads are the most important things in my life.

Musically I love Coast, Runrig, Bon Jovi, Pearl Jam, Kings of Leon, Kasabian, Pat Benatar, Brucie Guthro and a wee bit of Steve Earle.

I dislike two faced people, internet stalkers and anyone else that upsets the chip that I carry about on my Scottish shoulders!!!
Linda
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Thu 18 Feb 2010 - 8:34

Well Hello there cheers
I'm david/Dave......but everyone these days seems to call me Celty (Celtman).

I've been around bit (on the internet) for a few years. Over the last 9 years I've made some amazing friends and I've been lucky enough to meet most of these. The highlight being a meet of Runrig fans on the Isle of Skye for a full week. There was about 40 fans together for that week.
I reckon the Coast winter tour is going to be up there as well.

I'm married to the wonderful Celticbird, the wedding was amazing and we had Coast to play for us in the evening.

Muisc Likes>> Coast, Pagan Altar, Wicked Minds, Burning Saviours, Witchcraft, Siena Root, Gentlemans Pistols, Circulus, Grand Magus, Marianne Segal, Sheavy, Neil Young, Spiritual Beggars, Monster Magnet, Clutch, Anne Briggs, Sheavy, ....... Also love many of the unknown 1970s prog rock bands as follows Lucifer Was, Warhorse, Bodkin, Rumpelstilkskin, Warpig, Fuzzy Duck, Tucky Buzzard, Indian Summer, The Greatest Show on Earth, Stepson............

Films>>>The Wicker Man, The Green Mile, Gladiator, Shawshank Redemption, Braveheart, Castaway, Dumb and Dumber, Lord of the Rings 1-2-3, Austin Powers(1st), Control, Kingdom of Heaven, Troy,
Television>>>Lost, Coast, BBC News24, X-Files,

Dislikes>>>Liars, Cheaters, Cowards, Marmite, Sweetcorn

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Thu 18 Feb 2010 - 8:44

Hi Tiz is the name and Tizzy by nature, the name derives from my surname.

Born And bred Bristolian from Bristol suprisingly a quite Beautiful City if a tad bit on the big side but with a mad love affair fro Scotland and particularly Lochaber with Glenfinnan the most loved place visited ( its like I belong to it or have lived there before )

Likes -

Celtic music of all types fav bands are Runrig, Wolfstone, Capercaille, Tonight at Noon, Rachel Walker, Coinneach, Porridge men, Pink Floyd, Dire straits, Dare, The chords, the who, Pearl jam, Soundgarden, Seth lakeman, Show of hands, levellers, Sham 69, Kashtin, Genisis,Great Lake swimmers, Mumford and sons, Lindisfarne, The saw doctors, Bruce springsteen .....fed up with this now. Oh and Coast.

Films are Into the wild, Legends of the fall, Green Mile, Shadowlands,
Tv is mostly rubbish - best Tv Horizon, coast, Wainwrights walks, Only fools and horses, The adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Rugby , Football, Hill walking, Climbing, Backpacking, kayacking, Weight training, swimming, motor cycling, Boxing

Love Real Ale and real cider and perry ( 20 years a CAMRA member )meeting new people.

Intrests - Philosophy, Physcology, Anthropology and Theology. First nation Americans and Canadians Can I say females [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Books too many good books to suggest a favourite. Favourite Authors Scarlett Thomas, Mark Zusack, John Buchan, Andrew Greig, C S lewis, Gerald Seymour, Conn iggulden, G W Dalquist, Thomas Hardy

Dislike Selfishness Intolerence and arogance.

Hate - Bristol Rovers

Last edited by tiz on Fri 19 Feb 2010 - 11:17; edited 1 time in total
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself>>>>>>>>>> Empty Introduce Youself

Post  trug Thu 18 Feb 2010 - 22:03

Hi,my name is Drew aka Trug.I am a retired fireman,married to Roz and between us we have 5 grown up kids.I'm currently unemployed but trying to make a couple of quid as a drummer with my(covers)band Startled Hamsters.We seem to have made more money for charity than we have for ourselves so far but we dont mind as we mainly do it for the crack however we seem to be picking up more paying gigs lately so hey!(you can check us out on Facebook or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LIKES:}Cider, real ale, curry,cheese, cider, thick cut ham with mustard and crisps in a sandwich,curry, real ale and cider or indeed pretty much anything with alcohol in it!!Startled Hamsters,Coast,led zep,old genesis,runrig,wolfstone,yes,free,deep purple,stones,frankly the list is all but endless.
DISLIKES:[ Bad cider,beer,etc Mac Donalds,rude impatient people,old people with shopping trolleys who think they own the supermarket isles,racism,and i had better stop there before i get onto my soap box!

Last edited by trug on Wed 24 Feb 2010 - 1:37; edited 1 time in total

trug
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Fri 19 Feb 2010 - 4:41

Hi there,
my real name is Matthias, I'm german and I live in a small wine village on the banks of the Rhine.
I prefer a good glass of Riesling in one of our cosy wine taverns, then all kinds of various beers...
PROST !!! Very Happy
Regarding spirits I prefer a single malt, my favourites are the peaty ones mainly from Islay (referring to my nickname !) SLAINTE !!! Very Happy
When I'm going on holiday I'm favouring the tranquillity of remote places...I'm in love with the hebrides especially the Isles of Islay and North Uist.

Likes: My family, Scotland in all facets, The Hebrides, Whisky, Wine & Beer, Home-Style Cooking, Football (supporter of Bundesliga club 1.FSV Mainz 05), Folk & Rock Music like COAST Very Happy , RunRig, Bruce Springsteen, BAP, Julie Fowlis and many other bands & songwriters, Sports (Running, Cycling, Walking, Skiing), Photography and Video shooting, Books (my favourites are Fever Pitch and Calum's Road)

Dislikes: Intolerance, Dishonesty, Falseness, Selfish persons, Hectic people

Hates: the daily alarm clock at 5:35am Shocked
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  David Ex Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 21:08

* Sings* - If you don't know me by now................!!

I am Dave/David or Oi Extance as Oi Eastham would say!!

Moved to the Scottish Borders from the delightful city of Southampton in 2002....(God I miss the fumes, light pollution, crime and chavs) I live on a small farm overlooking the Cheviots with the River Tweed just behind me.

Likes - Floyd, Lemon Curd, ELO, The New Vauderville Band, Tiswas,

Dislikes - Muppets Genitalia!!
David Ex
David Ex
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 21:31

Me Spuddie. I'm ginger, I'm furry, I have a big smile and I have a big heart..............under my big belly that is Laughing .

I went to my first Coast gig in Inverness, so I'm not a Coast virgin anymore. I'm looking forward to the next gig and am saving up to flood glasgow with CD's (Sharon, bring plenty just in case Laughing ).

If you have been one of the lucky ones who has been given a Coast CD, we would really love to hear how you got it.
Spud
Spud
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor2 Thu 11 Mar 2010 - 19:08

Well ? what can i say ? Never thought i'd see myself on this MB .But credit where credit's due . The Coast album is great . Good on the guys for making such a great cd .

Well best get on with it .
Iam Malcolm from the Borders , now living in Godzone ( New Zealand) .
LIKES..

Runrig .
Kathlean MacInness
Racheal Walker
Bodega
Big Country
Crowded House ( of course)
Glasgow Rangers
and my country SCOTLAND .

Films like
In to the Wild
Braveheart
Shawshank

DISLIKES.
Liers. end of !
Conor2
Conor2
Coaster

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 2:01

Hey Mal, great to see you over here!!! Very Happy
Linda
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post  numbersix Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 10:17

Hi all
Im Rob and live in the lovely seaside hamlet of Wolverhampton in the west midlands,England..........Ok so the seas not exactly that close but we do have several Canals...they must count surely lol
Seriously now....from Wolves and enjoy a varied selection of Music as I think most of us on here do....faves have always been Floyd,Clapton,Gabriel,Simple minds,Runrig,Dire straits,u2.....and now new fave COAST!!
In my spare time I enjoy the great outdoors....Walking,sports...I am captain of a local Crown Green Bowling team so that takes up a lot of time during the summer and I also try to get as many games of Cricket in as possible too which is another game I love to play.
Always enjoy to hear new music and meet new people which is why Im here now introducing myself and I have to add a big THANKYOU to Celty for introducing me to Coast with his various postings on Facebook and his youtube channel......cheers David.
Anyhoo thats enough rubbish from Wolverhampton for 1 night....so HELLO 1 and all and its Goodnight from me and Goodnight from him Surprised)
Best Regards
Rob

P.s DISLIKE...Mick McCarthy if Wolves get relegated this season lol
numbersix
numbersix
Coast

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 10:58

Great to see you on here Malcolm and Rob. Welcome aboard the good ship COAST!

All the best,
martin

p.s. Rob - if/when Wolves get relegated please can we (Southampton) have Drew Surman back please? :-)
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Back to top Go down

Post  numbersix Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 11:23

Trousers wrote:Great to see you on here Malcolm and Rob. Welcome aboard the good ship COAST!

All the best,
martin

p.s. Rob - if/when Wolves get relegated please can we (Southampton) have Drew Surman back please? :-)

Cheers Trousers....heading down to the Red lion gig in a couple of weeks so see you there matey.........I think Drew has only made a handfull of appearences for us since joining but our great leader does have a habbit of buying players and never playing them Surprised)....no further comment on that ha ha
Cheers for the welcome buddy and see you soon
Regards
Rob
numbersix
numbersix
Coast

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 18:48

numbersix wrote:I have to add a big THANKYOU to Celty for introducing me to Coast with his various postings on Facebook and his youtube channel......cheers David.

Your welcome mate.......good to see you here, and see you at the red Lion gig in Totton

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lothlorien Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 6:17

Hi guys, some of you already know me. For those that don't my name is Dave from Yorkshire and I am 48. Like a lot of people here I like Runrig and have followed them for many years.
I recently bought the Coast album on the word of others and I have to say that no album for a long time has hit home as much as this one did. From the first play I knew it would become a favourite. I truly hope that the hard work by the band pays off and they get their just rewards and breaks. Favourite tracks are To the Windward and Keep loving.
Apart from music my main passion is the great outdoors and especially wildlife photograpy (which I am slowly getting to grips with).
After turning 46 (a strange number I know) something hit me like a bolt from the blue and made me look deeply at what life is really about. Since then I have changed in so many ways and priorities have reversed for me. What was once deemed important is now just trivial. Life is much calmer and much happier now I am a born again Pantheist (lol).
Hope to communicate with you all along the way.
Cheers.

Lothlorien

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  numbersix Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 20:37

I recently bought the Coast album on the word of others and I have to say that no album for a long time has hit home as much as this one did. From the first play I knew it would become a favourite. I truly hope that the hard work by the band pays off and they get their just rewards and breaks. Favourite tracks are To the Windward and Keep loving.
Hi Dave......just pasted and copied part of yr introduction as me and technology dont always work together and .............useless no excuse.
Im with you mate the cd is AMAZING......have listened to it over and over again at work on my mp3 every nite for the last 3 or 4 weeks.....each time a different fave appears....keep lovin on play.....big blue sky the next.
Music has always played a big part in my life and I can honestly say hand on heart that I can never remember before an Album having such an impact on me.
In a weeks time I shall see them live for the first time and Im trully counting the minutes and so lookin forward to meeting some online friends for the first time too.
The Red lion in Totton on the 27th is gonna be a night I know I shall never forget......
Bring it on..........
Best regards
Rob
numbersix
numbersix
Coast

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Sun 21 Mar 2010 - 1:40

Welcome to everyone who I have missed joining. I am glad you enjoy Coast and hope, if you haven't already, can get to gig. The band are still very much young so a little patience will be needed with regards to gigs in an area close to you. You can help things run along better by promoting the band.

We have an unofficial act of kindness amongst ourselves where we purchase a CD for anyone who may be interested and give it to them on the condition that they either pass it on if it isn't what they were hoping for, or purchase another CD to give to someone else. However, it may not be a good idea to do this drunk. It cost me a small fortune in Inverness and I'm still paying for it now Laughing
Spud
Spud
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself>>>>>>>>>> Empty Hi From the US

Post  usrunrigfan Thu 1 Apr 2010 - 21:39

Hello,

I'm Janet. Like lots of things: Nature, kindness, reading, hiking, gardening but I never have time to do it. Music favorites being Celtic music of all kinds (especially Celtic rock), rock and blues. I like people who know a great deal but aren't pompous about it and never stop learning. Who doesn't like chocolate? I'm sure there are a few misguided souls out there. I listen to NPR and BBC radio, not into television. I like people with open minds who don't judge. I'm not generally materialistic, but life without my iPod would be very bad. Coast is getting a lot of play on it these days. Smile

usrunrigfan

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Fri 2 Apr 2010 - 10:35

Hi Janet, welcome to the COAST forum - great to have you onboard - hope you're spreading the word across the pond?!

Cheers,
Martin
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Back to top Go down

Post  usrunrigfan Fri 2 Apr 2010 - 13:01

Thank you! I'm trying. Most people in middle America just don't get it. Sigh. I'm in the wrong place. I tell people at every opportunity, I'm not from here, I just live here.......I do wish you could remember how you got the name Trousers. Should we start hypothesizing? (I know I spelled that wrong)

usrunrigfan

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Lancs Dave Sun 4 Apr 2010 - 22:30

Happy Easter to everyone from Clitheroe in Lancashire! I've tried my best not to like Coast as I seem to spend a fortune watching Runrig. I bought the CD, which was a mistake, as I soon found that I enjoyed it more than I wanted to. My next mistake was to watch Celty's Youtube of the recent Scottish tour and I couldn't understand why I didn't get to one or more of the gigs! Even on Youtube and my crappy PC, the live quality came through!

Hope to meet a lot of you in Glasgow in May - I'm not certain yet - got to re-arrange some delicate matters!

Lancs Dave

Lancs Dave
Coast

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Sun 4 Apr 2010 - 23:04

Lancs hope you get to Glasgow and so glad the message has reached you too. We need to share a hill again. Did you and lionel ever get the pictures of the clova hills done.
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: