Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Debut - 15 months on

+5
RunrigNutter
COAST
trug
Dutchpaul
Celtman
9 posters

Go down

Debut - 15 months on Empty Debut - 15 months on

Post  Celtman Sun 23 Jan 2011 - 23:27

Well its not to long before the new album is out just over 3 months to be correct. What do you think of Coast's album now:-

Does it just get better and better everytime you hear it

Its still as good as when I bought it

Not quite as good as it was

Opinions please

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Debut - 15 months on Empty Re: Debut - 15 months on

Post  Dutchpaul Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 4:57

this is just one of those albums that blow you away the first few times you listen to it.
now after numerous times it has become a part of me.
the music reaches so deep inside me ,it is something that will stay with me the rest
of my life.
if the second album does the same to me ,then these guys deserve the worlds attention..
than a lot of people worldwide will have the same beautiful musical experience, and coast will get the respect than they deserve already in my opinion.

dutchpaul

Dutchpaul

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-01-14

Back to top Go down

Debut - 15 months on Empty Re:Debut-15 months

Post  trug Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 8:47

Got to go with Dutchpaul on this one.It rings my bell and also reminds me of the good times and people we have met so far on the Coast journey,even if they were to get no further than they have we would not have missed it for the world so crack on lads we are loving it!!Its easy to criticize but its never easy to stand up in front of people and actually perform.They may not make it,that's down to them and their fans(and lets be honest a bit of luck) however,personally for what its worth,I have a feeling about these guys,so we are going to the second album launch and nail our colours to the mast!!

trug
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  COAST Tue 25 Jan 2011 - 6:41

good ya guys Smile
if we keep doing what we are doing the fans can only multiply which will enable the band to make a career in which case, we will have made it Smile
however.......
wait for new album as its a leap form the debut one Smile
COAST
COAST
America

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2008-02-12

http://www.myspace.com/pauleasthampiano

Back to top Go down

Post  RunrigNutter Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 9:36

I play it all the time, along side Corvus Corax, Clannad, Capercaillie etc etc Smile

Smile

RunrigNutter
Coast

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 10:42

I have a confession to make.....(Paul isn't reading this is he....?!).....I sometimes skip 'America'.....don't know why as I love the track as a whole....perhaps I'm just odd....
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658

Back to top Go down

Debut - 15 months on Empty Re:Debut-15 months

Post  trug Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 11:12

Now Trousers,in answer to your question.....perhaps I'm just odd?...............Yes.Nuff said.Look forward to seeing you in May by the way my fiend,whoops sorry should read friend(Freudian slip perhaps?)Ps. I know what you mean about America though!

trug
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 11:24

I blieve I bought well over 30 cds possibly even 40 so i am well happy with it. Seriously the Album launch was amazing ( me giving my signature and in that way will stay with me forever ) and the gig wasnt too shady either hehehe Embarassed Laughing Laughing . I didnt get to listen to the cd till I drove home and it had a profound affect on me the songs I had heard before and conncted with but there I sat with this amazing peice of work. Stunned I now could share Coast with anyone who would listen. The cd is a part of me the music excites me so so much its alive and the raw passion just takes me away. 18 months on and I still get goosebumps and still play it or in part everyday. Its a fantastic peice of work and the only critisism i can find is that it had the two versions of America on it and boy would I have loved sepia eyes on it.

I am being serious I would love to see Sepia eyes on an album, I know its not going to be on the next but it needs to be on one. Cant think of a better debut album and still believe that.
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  RunrigNutter Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 11:47

Being off topic, Im sure many have 2 version of 1 songs on a album Smile

Dario G - Sunmachine Smile

About Sepia Eyes, as thats on the EP, is there any point adding the same song on a album?

RunrigNutter
Coast

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyTee Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 19:00

I confess that I had been becoming disillusioned with "Celtic Rock" - I hadn't much liked the last two CDs produced by Runrig, and, while obviously very much in a minority, had been seriously disappointed by their live performance at Scone (Dunfermline was a lot better, though I really think they should change their sound engineer). It was difficult finding another Celtic "rock" band, with others having apparently moved into the ghastly world of fusion or being just a bit too ethnic for my tastes. So it was rather ironic that it took a band from Southampton to restore my faith with a really excellent debut album. Indeed, Coast's album and a Runrig compilation I've made from the best tracks on "Once in a Lifetime" and "Transmitting Live" are, I suppose, the only Celtic rock albums that I now play on a consistent basis.

Like others, I think that the only disappointing feature about the Coast album was that it contained two very similar versions of the same song.

DT
DaveyTee
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 21:42

Really nice to read that Davey T as a fan of both Coast and Runrig. I dont share your feelings as you know about the Runrig gig at scone or the last albums. But lots of people do so you are not on your own. I have always said the the sound wasnt right with Mighty Atlantic at scone but that was it. And I will say that in Frieburg I thought the sound was exceptionally good.

Its good to hear that Coast have to a certain degree restored your faith in celtic rock

Vive le Celtic rock cheers cheers
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  cairdeas Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 3:43

and the only critisism i can find is that it had the two versions of America on it and boy would I have loved sepia eyes on it.
Agree with Tiz on that and to be honest, like Trousers, I sometimes skip America too, even though it's a cracker Embarassed
cairdeas
cairdeas
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-08-16

http://www.myspace.com/juttasch

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Wed 16 Mar 2011 - 20:50

DaveyTee wrote:I confess that I had been becoming disillusioned with "Celtic Rock" - I hadn't much liked the last two CDs produced by Runrig, and, while obviously very much in a minority, had been seriously disappointed by their live performance at Scone (Dunfermline was a lot better, though I really think they should change their sound engineer). It was difficult finding another Celtic "rock" band, with others having apparently moved into the ghastly world of fusion or being just a bit too ethnic for my tastes. So it was rather ironic that it took a band from Southampton to restore my faith with a really excellent debut album. Indeed, Coast's album and a Runrig compilation I've made from the best tracks on "Once in a Lifetime" and "Transmitting Live" are, I suppose, the only Celtic rock albums that I now play on a consistent basis.

Like others, I think that the only disappointing feature about the Coast album was that it contained two very similar versions of the same song.

DT

Hi Davey,

Great post. I think the next album is going to cement everyone's faith in "Celtic Rock" even more as, from what I've heard from my occasional visits to the recording studio, both the 'Celtic' and the 'Rock' aspects of COAST's sound have been cranked up to another level.

By that, I don't mean it's got more of each element than the last album per se, rather more of a richer and more indepth blend of the two. If you get my drift....!

Cheers,
Martin
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down