Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iran / Libya

3 posters

Go down

Iran / Libya Empty Iran / Libya

Post  Celtman Fri 4 Nov 2011 - 18:43

Has been quite a bit talk flying around about Israel going to Nuke Iran's Nuclear Power plant with US/UK Backing. Iran has said it will go to war if attacked. what do you think

Also has anyone else noticed the Al Quada flag flying above the new temp parliment building in Benegazi in Libya.

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Iran / Libya Empty Re: Iran / Libya

Post  DaveyTee Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 20:34

Celtman wrote:Has been quite a bit talk flying around about Israel going to Nuke Iran's Nuclear Power plant with US/UK Backing. Iran has said it will go to war if attacked. what do you think
I think it again illustrates Western hypocrisy. Far and away the biggest threat to peace in the Middle East - indeed, peace in the world - is the state of Israel, but notwithstanding the fact that it has had nuclear armements for years and has ignored more UN resolutions than any other state, it continues to receive blinkered and unquestioning western support. Interestingly, although we in the west are keen to condemn states such as Iran on their human rights records, we gloss over the fact that the Human Rights Council has passed more resolutions condemning Israel than it has all other states combined.
Celtman wrote:Also has anyone else noticed the Al Quada flag flying above the new temp parliment building in Benegazi in Libya.
Unlikely. It was taken down the same day it went up. And in any event, Al Quaeda does not have a flag - the one referred to was a salafists flag of islam that was hoisted during a small demonstration of islamists on 29th October and was quickly removed. That has not of course stopped much of the right wing media engaging in a bit of Islamophobia - why let the facts stand in the way of a bit of Muslim-bashing?

DT
DaveyTee
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor2 Sun 6 Nov 2011 - 17:25

DaveyTee wrote: That has not of course stopped much of the right wing media engaging in a bit of Islamophobia - why let the facts stand in the way of a bit of Muslim-bashing?

DT

DaveyTee , thats what i really dont understand . I have never heard of Christians / Buddhists / Hindus etc running around bombing / suicide bombing in the name of there faith .
Conor2
Conor2
Coaster

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyTee Sun 6 Nov 2011 - 19:05

Conor2 wrote:DaveyTee , thats what i really dont understand . I have never heard of Christians / Buddhists / Hindus etc running around bombing / suicide bombing in the name of there faith .
Really? I'm surprised. From the crusades through to the the inquisition, from the heretic and witch burnings to the Northern Irish troubles, from the Lords Resistance Army to the Ku Klux Klan, and most recently of all Anders Behring Breivik, the history of Christianity contains numerous examples of genocide, terrorism, burnings, sexism, homophobia, hate-mongering, violence, brutality, superstition, and child molestation. And I haven't even mentioned the violent activities of various Christian fundamentalist groups in the USA.

Hindu terrorism? Just google "Saffron terror". Jewish terrorism? The state of Israel is itself an example of a rogue terrorist state whose history is a litany of numerous acts of terrorism. The sad fact is that history is full of brutal actions committed in the name of religion though they are seldom actually sanctioned by that religion. Islam, unfortunately, is currently home to radical groups whose violent activities are the despair of most Muslims. Tarring the whole religion with the same brush and publishing hate-mongering articles which are either grossly exaggerated or have little if any basis in fact does not help - indeed, it is likely to make the situation worse.

Buddhism is of course the exception. It is a religion founded on the concept of peace and, by and large, it sticks to that fundamental concept although there have been exceptions, primarily in Sri Lanka in the 20th and 21st centuries. Nevertheless it provides a lesson and example to most other religions but, as usual, it is unlikely to be a lesson and example that will be followed.

DT
DaveyTee
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 19:51

I'm expecting Iran to be bombed within the next 12/18 months........and when that happens the world better be ready for a muslim backlash from the extremists.

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum