Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inverness gig

+4
Puffin
celticbird
tiz
colyates
8 posters

Go down

Inverness gig Empty Inverness gig

Post  colyates Sun 18 Mar 2012 - 3:15

so who's going to this one cheers

colyates
Coaster

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Inverness gig Empty Re: Inverness gig

Post  tiz Mon 19 Mar 2012 - 5:30

Well i really really want to. But I was hoping to buy myself two fast set of wheels. Not out of the question yet but realy dodgy looking

tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  celticbird Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 4:45

Can't afford it sdaly Crying or Very sad
celticbird
celticbird
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 22:24

1) Can't afford it Sad
2) We've already committed to be somewhere else that weekend (a meeting in Beverley - that is as long as we can find somewhere reasonable to stay as we haven't booked anywhere yet! Shocked )

We have, however, tried to persuade an old school pal of John's who now lives somewhere between Edinburgh and Glasgow that he really should go along to the Glasgow gig....

At least we've got the Talking Heads to look forward to on the 28th! cheers
Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyTee Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 17:10

Frankly, I'm not quite sure why they've chosen to play Inverness again. I'm not sure that there's any great fanbase up there and last time the attendance, while respectable, wasn't great, and quite a lot of those had gone to see Donald and the Isles.

DT
DaveyTee
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Tue 17 Apr 2012 - 5:09

Can't do it this time. It's a little bit too far away from home to make it every year... No
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 8:56

I'm going and am damned excited about it!!! cheers

Also got a wee bit of good news today, for a change, so Glasgow is looking pretty damned good too!!! cheers

Was going to try for the Talking Heads gig, but the money just won't stretch that far and we have got a final home game at Victoria Park that afternoon, so my weekend won't be entirely disappointing!!
Linda
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post  colyates Mon 14 May 2012 - 9:40

i'd like to say how bad this gig was

but i can't it was brilliant i was even doing the scottish dancing with the support act (hope no video's)

colyates
Coaster

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Mon 14 May 2012 - 22:05

colyates wrote:i'd like to say how bad this gig was

but i can't it was brilliant i was even doing the scottish dancing with the support act (hope no video's)

Hope there are some videos for those of us who couldn't be there!! Especially of the dancing... Wink

Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Tue 15 May 2012 - 5:12

What can I say??? It was awesome and I thought the band were sounding fantastic.

And I met Kenny from Oban, who doesn't like me as I used to be a copper!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Once again the meeting of like minded folks was a big part of the night and much drink was drunk... the laughs, the blethers and the friendliness of the band were major highlights.. It was a superb night and once again, Coast rocked Inverness.

Thanks for making the long journey north guys, we really do appreciate it. I love you
Linda
Linda

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Wed 16 May 2012 - 3:56

Linda wrote:What can I say??? It was awesome and I thought the band were sounding fantastic.

And I met Kenny from Oban, who doesn't like me as I used to be a copper!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Once again the meeting of like minded folks was a big part of the night and much drink was drunk... the laughs, the blethers and the friendliness of the band were major highlights.. It was a superb night and once again, Coast rocked Inverness.

Thanks for making the long journey north guys, we really do appreciate it. I love you

Thanks for the information, Linda. That sounds great ! Do you have a setlist, too ?
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Wed 16 May 2012 - 4:35

Matthias..... Saturday setlist -

Ruabhal, Big Blue Sky, Road Outta This Town, The Caller, Keep Loving, Reckless Engineer, Then Steve doing The Tall Fiddler & High Hopes, Blowing in the Wind, The Ghost of Dan the Boy (This was superb!!!), To the Windward, The Turning Stone, Docks of my Hometown, Oceanos (Matthias' song!!!), America and Beat of You (acoustic).

It was a truly amazing and very special night... I love you
Linda
Linda

Back to top Go down

Post  KENNY MACDONALD Wed 16 May 2012 - 5:41

Hiya Linda,I was only pulling your leg,or was it your arm (the long arm of the law!!) either way it was good to meet you.
Re the gig a mixed review from me, Personally I dont think all the new arrangements "worked",especially "Ruabhal "and "Big blue sky" which i think lost too mutch of the melody in favour of the heavier rock approach (some times less is more!) however "Docks" and especially "Turning stone" benifited from the big rock sound.Highlights for me, the afore mentioned "Turning stone",Steves accoustic slot and the powerhouse drumming of Andrej (The ghost of John Bonham).I sense a slight change of direction within the band and wait with anticipation for any new material, THANKS FOR A GREAT NIGHT AND BRINGING COAST BACK TO SCOTLAND.
P.S. I thought Slanj (basically Manran with Ian on drums) proved a great support band star of the show being Garry (Clash of the ash) Innies who I hoped would have guested on accordion for "The beat of you" (perhaps next time).Thanks every one for a great night.

KENNY MACDONALD
Coaster

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Wed 16 May 2012 - 7:09

When I saw the guys last, it was in Strathpeffer last August and the performance was beautiful and very magical, but Saturday showed that they had jumped up to a new level. The drumming was amazing... these guys deserve to be on the biggest stage pumping out that sound.

Kenny, Will have to look out for you the next time I happen to find myself wandering about Oban!!! Laughing
Linda
Linda

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyTee Mon 21 May 2012 - 8:53

I understand from a posting on the ARDlist that while the band was excellent in Inverness, the turnout was "abysmal". If that was indeed the case, all the more credit to the band for putting in such a great performance.

DT
DaveyTee
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyTee Sun 3 Jun 2012 - 18:55

Hmmmm......Not a very good review of the Inverness gig here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

While obviously you can't please all of the people all of the time, I find it odd that the reviewer criticises many of those aspects of the band that I happen to like most. Which, of course, leads me to wonder (yet again!) why someone can possibly review a band fairly if, basically, they don't like the style of music that that band plays. Oh, and Kenny, I think it possible that there may be a passing reference to you in the review!

DT
DaveyTee
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  KENNY MACDONALD Sun 17 Jun 2012 - 1:24

Hi Davey, I did speak briefly to the reviewer (I tend to locate myself near the mixing desk at any gig based on the assumption thats where the best overall sound quallity will be) and met the guy from Inverness Gigs when he came to talk to the mixing engineer.Ive got to say I agree with some (though not all) of his comments,Although not huge it was a very enthusiastic crowd,however as I said in a previous entry I dont think all the new arrangements worked.For me the big attraction to Coasts music was the depth of melody ,especially in the more "traditional" celtic(y), is that a word? songs.Coming from a rock fan (Free,Whitesnake,Skynyrd,Rush ,Zeppelin etc.......) this may sound strange but some of the new arrangements were less celtic and more rock and I feel didnt work as well.
The musicianship as ever was unquestionable,and I am desperate to hear some new material.

KENNY MACDONALD
Coaster

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down