Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AN CUAN SIAR

3 posters

Go down

AN CUAN SIAR Empty AN CUAN SIAR

Post  Trousers Mon 6 Oct 2008 - 22:03

Just listening to this again on You Tube (the one with the creaky piano stool!)

It's one of those songs that just sounds better and better the more you listen to it.

IMO You need wider recognition of this track Paul - have you ever thought of wafting it under the nose of the management of the likes of Chris de Burgh or Mike Oldfield? They've both done some similar sounding piano pieces on their albums in recent times. I feel sure they would be captivated by it like I have been and if they were to record a version I'm sure it would catapult your superb music into as yet uncharted territory....

Just a thought!
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down

AN CUAN SIAR Empty Re: AN CUAN SIAR

Post  COAST Fri 10 Oct 2008 - 0:26

thats a great idea trousers!
and thanks for liking it so much!
i havent actually donr any promiting with it yet and niether has the label but we wil do. its the same with the great crowd, the label has been pumping the money into the duffy single we did becasue thats got more demand at this time
but as soon as we do!!
whatch out!!!
yea would like it to be more recognized and used in film and tv realy
but its hard to know where to send it
lol
paul x
COAST
COAST
America

Number of posts : 456

http://www.myspace.com/pauleasthampiano

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Fri 10 Oct 2008 - 1:47

I've posted this on the Chris de Burgh message board.....

Paul Eastham (from Celtic Rock Group 'COAST')

Greetings,

This is sort of a 'full circle' story, so bear with me..... :-)

At CdeB's 'Fly Colours' tour in Bournemouth (early November 1988 rings a bell), I became a fan of the mighty Scottish Celtic Rock group 'Runrig'.

Almost 20 years later, through the Runrig online community (Celtman's Runrig Message Board to be precise.....quick plug: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I heard about a new Celtic Rock band starting up....they are called 'Coast'.

Coast have released one single so far (called 'The Great Crowd' - available on iTunes etc) and have a debut album on the horizon (due for release early 2009).

Anyway, I digress....the lead singer of Coast is a chap called Paul Eastham. He's a pianist by trade and, when he's not singing with Coast, writes and records some of the most wonderous contemporary piano music that I've heard in a long time.

And....this is where we come 'full circle'.....a lot of his piano recordings remind me of some of CdeB's recent forays into piano based songs - especially 'When Winter Comes' and 'Snow is Falling' from 'The Road to Freedom' album.

Check out this classic example on YouTube: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It's called "AN CUAN SIAR".

Close your eyes and I bet you can imagine that it's Chris playing this song....

By the way, Paul also co-wrote and played piano on Aimee Duffy's first album....

I'm in contact with Paul Eastham through the Coast message board (another quick plug! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so pop over there if you like what you hear and want to hear more.

Thanks for reading this far! Enjoy!

Cheers,
Martin
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658

Back to top Go down

Post  COAST Fri 10 Oct 2008 - 3:49

hey man thats bloody brill!!!!!!!!!!
please ;let me know if anybody gives any good words about us!!
hehe
you never know tho hey???
thanks for that buddy!!
Paulers xx
COAST
COAST
America

Number of posts : 456

http://www.myspace.com/pauleasthampiano

Back to top Go down

Post  the scimitar Mon 13 Oct 2008 - 17:17

Trousers wrote:Just listening to this again on You Tube (the one with the creaky piano stool!)

It's one of those songs that just sounds better and better the more you listen to it.

IMO You need wider recognition of this track Paul - have you ever thought of wafting it under the nose of the management of the likes of Chris de Burgh or Mike Oldfield? They've both done some similar sounding piano pieces on their albums in recent times. I feel sure they would be captivated by it like I have been and if they were to record a version I'm sure it would catapult your superb music into as yet uncharted territory....

Just a thought!

I liked that rrack right from the start (incl. that strange, noisy stool...lol) and I have a wee part of it as a ringtone on my mobile phone. Hope it is ok to spread the message that way.

cheers

Sabine xx
the scimitar
the scimitar
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down