Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naming a band in the internet age.....

+2
COAST
Trousers
6 posters

Go down

Naming a band in the internet age..... Empty Naming a band in the internet age.....

Post  Trousers Wed 19 Nov 2008 - 20:56

Was just thinking.....(I know, very dangerous but "he who dares...." Very Happy )

Are a band with the name 'COAST' disadvantaged in some small way because of the way people get info via the internet these days? In other words, because 'Coast' is such a generic word (in English language terms) it's going to struggle to come out top of the pile when anyone searches for it using Google etc....whereas a band with a name such as 'Runrig' won't have the same problem (unless there's an upsurge in ancient crop management methods sometime soon...!)

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a superb name for a band with Celtic influences, and don't want to piss on a bonfire that's only just been lit, but I'm just thinking about the practicalities here....

I'll stop thinking out loud now but interested in what other's think?
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down

Naming a band in the internet age..... Empty Re: Naming a band in the internet age.....

Post  COAST Thu 20 Nov 2008 - 5:27

very true!!
Bit late to change out name now though , but,, if you type in coast in you tube you soon get coast america come up and our song is the first video !!
hehe
COAST
COAST
America

Number of posts : 456

http://www.myspace.com/pauleasthampiano

Back to top Go down

Naming a band in the internet age..... Empty Re: Naming a band in the internet age.....

Post  Trousers Thu 20 Nov 2008 - 10:24

COAST wrote:very true!!
Bit late to change out name now though , but,, if you type in coast in you tube you soon get coast america come up and our song is the first video !!
hehe

Yeah...true....all a bit too late to change the name now.....! Nice one on the YouTube front!
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658

Back to top Go down

Post  Lionel Thu 25 Jun 2009 - 21:15

COAST is a great name for the band. If you had to change it, change for COAST. Wink
Lionel
Lionel
Coast

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Fri 26 Jun 2009 - 20:15

I know exactly where you are coming from Trousers.

As some of you know I (illegally cough cough cough) distributed a photo of Coast on my FB page!!! But hey as it was pointed out it is free publicity! Rolling Eyes

I eventually found photos of the band when I typed Coast Celtic Rock into Google. They were the first two pictures on the page so well done!! Very Happy

I had been searching under the word Coast and got some pretty spectacular scenery form all over the world!!

Coast, Southampton FC failed to come up with anything.

It is too late to change the name, but if you try and use the words Celtic Rock in as many news items/publicity shots etc that might help.
Linda
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  COAST Sat 27 Jun 2009 - 9:18

keep posting the pics Linda!! its all good!!
COAST
COAST
America

Number of posts : 456

http://www.myspace.com/pauleasthampiano

Back to top Go down

Post  the scimitar Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 18:54

On the other hand 'Coast' is a name you can remember easily. Remember all those weird band names such as *Red lorry, yellow lorry*, *Dead cab for cutie*, *The Fair Sex* (great band btw) etc, etc...

Sabine xx
the scimitar
the scimitar
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Back to top Go down

Naming a band in the internet age..... Empty Google coast

Post  Footlong Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 4:07

Hmmm Ye blah blah Exclamation The people who search for coast, just search coast then the song title, im sure it would not make a diffrance.
Footlong
Footlong
Coast

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down