Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The work song

2 posters

Go down

The work song Empty The work song

Post  COAST Wed 13 Feb 2008 - 20:05

hi guys, i know we have a been a bit indesicive of our next move recording wise.. it was fist just a single.. then an album.. but we have decided that becuse of the length of time and money it would take to do an album and the fact the we really need to keep the drive going for fans etc . we are going ahead with our new single..
tracks are as follows..
The work song
To the windward
America

should only be a few months down the line. we are back in the coast studio today (sample-station) getting some tracks down ,, yaaayy1!!!!!
All the best best you mad lot !!
Paul xx
COAST
COAST
America

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2008-02-12

http://www.myspace.com/pauleasthampiano

Back to top Go down

The work song Empty Re: The work song

Post  Trousers Wed 13 Feb 2008 - 23:54

Cheers for the news Paul.

I think the way that the download market has radically shaped the music industry over the last few years means that the 'album' as a concept is going to disappear in the not too distant future (well, that's my opinion anyway!) and artists will just 'drip feed' songs to their fan base.

To me this is a logical way forward because if you look back 50 years to why the concept of an album came about in the first place it was all about fitting in with the 'physical' distribution channel - i.e. records and then CDs.

Now, with downloads, that constraint has vanished and has created a much more 'on demand' medium.

Just think, if the music industry had started with downloads from square one and someone was talking today about introducing the concept of releasing songs in pre-determined batches on a physical disk, people would say "why on earth would you want to do that?"

Perhaps the concept of the album will survive - and to a certain degree I hope I am proven wrong as it gives one's music collection a certain framework or identity but I just have this gut feel that it's all about individuals buying what songs they want and listening to them in what order they want rather than this being pre-defined.

I certainly buy 90% of my music now on a piecemeal basis via iTunes rather than buying the whole album on CD....

Crikey, Trousers turns into a philospher whilst sober shocker !!! Wink

Anyway, have hijacked your thread somewhat! The next single sounds great - can't wait!

cheers,
Martin
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down