Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coast Hits Scotland

+2
ianburnett
Linda
6 posters

Go down

Coast Hits Scotland Empty Coast Hits Scotland

Post  Linda Thu 26 Nov 2009 - 3:14

Am I allowed to swear on here???

Holy f***!!! What a truly fantastic album. My copy arrived today, mega big thanks to Tiz I love you !! I can't stop playing it, it is brilliant. There are absolutely no "skip" tracks, just a magnificent piece of work.

Song of Angus is a major favourite, love the piping Tam. I also love Keep Loving, which I don't think I have heard before.

Right Paul & co stop messing about on here and on FB and get your butts back into the studio because I am so looking forward to the next one!!!

My wee brother owns a Loewe Gallery, so I am getting him a copy of this album to play on his hi-fi systems in the store. I know he will love this as much as I do!!

Thanks guys for this tremendous album!!! Very Happy
Linda
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Back to top Go down

Coast Hits Scotland Empty Re: Coast Hits Scotland

Post  ianburnett Fri 27 Nov 2009 - 4:17

Yup mine came today and what a fantastic album, I absolutely love it, well done. Can't wait for the next release.
ianburnett
ianburnett

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Fri 27 Nov 2009 - 4:31

so glad you liked it Ian I think the album is rather special and has already become a classic in my mind. I had high expectancy but it surpassed even that.

Spread the word
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 27 Nov 2009 - 6:26

Keep Loving is a song that gets right into your head from the first play. I spent £15 on special headphones that dont dislodge when I put my motorcycle helmet on. I now listen to this album for 40 minutes in the morning to work and another 40 minutes home. And then in the evening whilst surfing T'Internet. It is outstanding, what a bunch of talented lads these boys are. Love it!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Fri 27 Nov 2009 - 8:48

Keep Loving hit the spot instantly for me. The words are very thoughtful and very beautiful. I took the CD out into the car today and went for a hurl around with it on. It was strange how different some of it sounds when you are enclosed in the car. I hadn't been aware of the very haunting female backing singing until I played it in the car. I can hear her clear as day now, but yesterday I wasn't aware of it at all. I still get the hairs rising on the back of my neck when I hear the drone of the pipes coming in on Song of Angus. Terrific stuff. Now and again a song hits the spot, and I honestly think the last time I truly felt this way on hearing a song was the first time I heard From The North on the Proterra album, and the time before was at my father in laws funeral when a lone piper from Kirkwall City Pipe Band played a tune he had written called In Remembrance. Again the haunting sound of the pipes, being played in St Magnus Cathedral in Orkney. So Tam & Coast & Song of Angus, you are up there in my "Chill Factor!"
Linda
Linda

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 28 Nov 2009 - 6:35

Linda, what a beautiful post. The pipes can certainly stir the soul. The lads I work with absolutely hate them. Every lunchtime they hear the same tunes, five days a week. When I'm learning a new tune they hear all my bum notes followed by swear words.

Georgette Cullum does the backing on Keep Loving. Her voice is heavenly. I met her for the first time on Saturday and as well as having a lovely voice she is a lovely lass. Her singing is as good live as it is on the album.

My favourite song changes daily. Keep Loving is just superb but today, Big Blue Sky was played more times. Tomorrow I think will be a 9 minute America day.

Back to top Go down

Post  celticbird Sat 28 Nov 2009 - 7:39

My favourite song also changes daily.............today it was Keep Loving.

I agree with Linda about the pipes. They make every hair stand up on the back of my neck. Goosebumps just thinking about them. Play the cd every day at work and they are told every day who is who and who is playing what and how it all fits in together with our wedding and I guess they'll throw me out next week if I keep going on!

Absolutely shit hot stuff! Love it! Very Happy
celticbird
celticbird
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Wed 2 Dec 2009 - 1:23

It's the dogs bollocks!
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Wed 2 Dec 2009 - 1:23

Linda wrote:Am I allowed to swear on here???

No you bloody well can't!

Very Happy
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Wed 2 Dec 2009 - 1:24

Trousers wrote:It's the dogs bollocks!

Paul - I hereby give you permission to use that as a quote when promoting the band!
Martin
Very Happy
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 2 Dec 2009 - 6:48

Have you been on the sherberts again Trousers?

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Wed 2 Dec 2009 - 7:44

Now I am only a mere teacher's assistant, and have nothing to do with record promotion or anything remotely like that, but somehow......

"Coast - The Album - It's The Dogs Bollocks"

just doesn't seem right somehow!!

I think more along the lines of

"Coast - The Album - It's Shit Hot"

is better!!! Smile
Linda
Linda

Back to top Go down

Post  Lionel Thu 3 Dec 2009 - 9:26

That's it thanks to Celtman and Angela ! Many thanks mes amis. Coast hits now the French Alps and it's huge. The music was blasting in my car this afternoon while going to work on those twisty roads through the snow-covered mountains. Coast music and beautiful Alpine scenery makes a fantastic cocktail ! Thanks to you COAST for giving us such great musical emotions.

I was litterally crying when Song of Angus was sounding loud at the same time as I saw the sun piercing the clouds and lighting a high white-capped mountain. Also special thanks to Tam for his great performance on the album. COAST rock !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lionel
Lionel
Coast

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down