Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALBUM FOR 2010 POLL

+9
Celtman
Trousers
trug
tiz
jacqui
atislay
cairdeas
Linda
COAST
13 posters

Go down

DO WE WANT ANOTHER ALBUM FOR 2010

ALBUM FOR 2010 POLL Vote_lcap71%ALBUM FOR 2010 POLL Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 12 ]
ALBUM FOR 2010 POLL Vote_lcap29%ALBUM FOR 2010 POLL Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

ALBUM FOR 2010 POLL Empty ALBUM FOR 2010 POLL

Post  COAST Fri 18 Dec 2009 - 7:10

IF WE RECORD AN ALBUM. CAN WE GET 1000 PEEPS TO DOWNLOASD IT AND GET IT IN THE CHARTS???
COAST
COAST
America

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2008-02-12

http://www.myspace.com/pauleasthampiano

Back to top Go down

ALBUM FOR 2010 POLL Empty Re: ALBUM FOR 2010 POLL

Post  COAST Fri 18 Dec 2009 - 7:11

ALSO IF PEOPLE SUBMIT THERE NAME IN A PRE ORDER WE CAN PUT IT INSIDE THE SLEEVE. ALA. MARILLION
COAST
COAST
America

Number of posts : 456

http://www.myspace.com/pauleasthampiano

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Fri 18 Dec 2009 - 7:18

I would certainly buy another one as soon as it comes out. I still play the latest one every single day! Normally on repeat in the kitchen and then it comes out in the car with me too.

I guess if you have got the material and you guys are happy with it just go on release another one and I am sure you will sell loads.

Out of curiousity, are you at liberty to publicly say how many you have sold of the current one??
Linda
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  cairdeas Fri 18 Dec 2009 - 7:42

I'm sure the next album will be even more successful than the first! Without any doubt the pressure on you may be harder because of everyone's expectations for the first one to be topped but you will handle that, with the help of your closest fans and friends!

I can tell you that there are many german Runrig-Fans which meet in the Scoteire-Forum, who really like your album. Most of them are rather critical when it comes to new bands and music and they were sceptical at first, when Silke, Britta, Matthias and me started to introduce you to them, but now they would love to see you here.
The Admin of the forum even suggested to make a Forum-request to Runrig to have Coast as support for the open-air-concerts in September in germany.

So if you have the material for a new album and the power to make it ( I'm sure you have ;-) then go on rocking!!!

Jutta xx
cairdeas
cairdeas
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-08-16

http://www.myspace.com/juttasch

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Fri 18 Dec 2009 - 7:54

Without any doubt we need a new Coast CD as fast as possible.
When and where can I pre-order it ? Very Happy
Cheers, Matthias.
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  jacqui Fri 18 Dec 2009 - 8:59

Yes!!! Very Happy
jacqui
jacqui
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Fri 18 Dec 2009 - 9:55

yes the ball needs to be kept rolling. I am sure there is enough material as you have so many great tracks for the next album. Sepia eyes has to be on it for mydaughter loves it.

I will pre order the album and alsodown load it via itunes.
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

ALBUM FOR 2010 POLL Empty re album for 2010 poll

Post  trug Fri 18 Dec 2009 - 22:17

Hi Guys,sorry to go against the flow on this one but i feel it would be to soon yet,i know Paul is writing like a thing possessed and i understand the desire to get your music out there however,you launched a brilliant debut album,you have yet to tour and promote it properly(i know the limitations but Scotland is coming up fast) and you know your audience is gagging for more.In your position with my band(in my dreams) i would work it very hard indeed and tease the fans with whats to come next and then come out with the next album with a bang to a much larger audience who can not wait to buy their copy.You are building a good solid fan base who are all trying to sell and promote you to their friends and family,the word is spreading,be patient,maximize your first album its got the legs,then...........knock em dead with your next work!I am really looking forward to it but like Christmas,talking about what you might get and the anticipation is half the fun!!Whatever you decide to do good luck with it just believe in yourselves,we all do!

trug
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Sat 19 Dec 2009 - 2:45

My heart says "Yes, daft question!" but my head tends to agree with Trug.....perhaps the next album should be recorded during the course of the year with a Spring 2011 release date?

If that was the timetable I would then go for two or three 'single' releases in 2010....two in the first half of the year which would be two songs off the current album (probably Big Blue Sky and Keep Loving) but I would release each as a remix and perhaps include a couple of live mixes of other tracks. That would tempt people who have already bought the album to buy the new versions. (i'm assuming it's not a huge wodge of work to do a 'basic' remix of an existing track.....just do some jiggery pokery with the existing master tape?)

I would then do a single release towards the end of 2010, with one of the songs off the new album.

With one (or more) of these single releases I would go for a massive online campaign to get people and their friends/family to download as many copies of the single from iTunes as they can afford all in the same week so that it stood a chance of making the charts (I think there may be a limit on the number of times multiple downloads counts towards chart placings - something like 5 ...?)

But then what do I know...?!

Very Happy
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Sat 19 Dec 2009 - 18:27

Its a good question, and I do sort of lean towards Trug and Trousers.

I think the next album should be recorded later this year for a Feb/March 2011 release. Not as many big names release albums early in the year so that would help.

Bring the new songs into the set over the next year.

Sorry Tiz, but I dont want to see Sepia Eyes on the next alum as its been released on the single and its best to move on and leave that there as a bit history.

The next most important step is the 3 scottish dates........we need to help spread the Coast message and hopefully get a fair few scottish coasties there.

Love this band and will do what I can to make them a success

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  celticbird Sat 19 Dec 2009 - 18:42

I agree with Celty about Sepia Eyes......it is a beautiful song, one of my favs but it is now in their back catalogue.

As for a new album, it goes without saying we would all love a new album next year! But realistically Coast need to get as much touring done in 2010 as possible, other commitments permitting. Their profile needs to be raised still further and that will happen with fans spreading the word. Couple of festivals might be a good idea for 2010.

Paulers your enthusiam and talent knows no bounds and I agree with Russ on FB.

I personally think that the forum and the Coast FB are under utilised at the moment and we need to encourage the use of these sites.
celticbird
celticbird
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Tue 29 Dec 2009 - 20:36

Need to get out to Scandinavia too in 2010 if at all possible IMHO Paul.

I appreciate there are cost and logistical challenges in doing that but if the momentum isn't seized in 2010 I have a slight fear the band could enter two steps forward / one step back territory.

BTW....I intend giving up facebook for a month in January and using this message board exclusively for online chat.

Carry on Coasting Smile
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Wed 30 Dec 2009 - 11:22

I'm loving the album and yes, I want more BUT I'm with Trug and Trousers in feeling you shouldn't rush things. Promote the first album as widely as possible in 2010; try and sort out some gigs in as many parts of the UK as you can (not forgetting Gloucs/Worcs/Bristol area Razz ) and spread your current album and the Band's name and profile far and wide and (I don't know how it works) get played on radio if you can. Radio Borders was a great kick-start in that direction!

As for downloads - I'm a techno-dinosaur and like real CDs with inserts and information and lyrics and pictures to look at! Smile
Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  ianburnett Tue 5 Jan 2010 - 8:41

I would certainly love to have another Coast album out this year, as long as the songs and recordings are up to the same standard as the first album and not a rushed job.
ianburnett
ianburnett

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Tue 5 Jan 2010 - 23:19

The band are young with only a handful of fans in comparison. Would it not be wiser to wait and spend the money on other things such as publicity etc? Find out how Seth Lakeman broke the big time doing what he did etc.

That's what I would do anyway Smile
Spud
Spud
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down