Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hootenanny's Inverness

+4
Spud
Linda
David Ex
trug
8 posters

Go down

Hootenanny's Inverness Empty Hootenanny's Inverness

Post  trug Tue 2 Mar 2010 - 23:03

Just want to say what a fantastic time Roz and I had this week end.The guys gave 100% which made the effort and the cost to get up to Inverness worth every penny!We cemented new friendships and reaffirmed older ones,I'm sorry that i never got to say hello to everyone,my loss,I hope to catch up with all those i didn't next time.The news that Iain Bayne is going to be Coast's new manager must be incredibly exciting for the lads though i think it will be some time yet before Sharon feels that benefit,hang in there girl your doing an amazing job.To meet Iain and shake his on Saturday night really blew me away because he was the man who inspired me to take up the drums(I dont think Roz will ever quite forgive him for that)and put the icing on top of a very perfect cake.I do have to admit though to feeling a bit like a tongue tied prepubescent teenager when I first tried talking to him(an odd feeling when your 53!)To sum up,it was one of the very best week ends Roz and I have had in a long time and one that we feel sure will lead on to others and we would just like to thank the guys in the band and everyone we met for making it so! So until the next time..............

trug
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Hootenanny's Inverness Empty Re: Hootenanny's Inverness

Post  David Ex Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 2:47

Not a lot more to add to that Trug - Although I almost walked of with your Roz back to my hotel at the end of the evening, she asked me at the wobbly bridge what hotel was I in, I thought it was an offer!! Embarassed Laughing
David Ex
David Ex
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Hootenanny's Inverness Empty Re Hootenanny's Inverness

Post  trug Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 3:02

Strange how much more wobbly the wobbly bridge wobbled on the way home and mate you were so lucky, i didn't get two winks sleep that night i thought she would never stop............................snoring that is!It was great to meet you Dave and I just hope Roz doesn't read this or I am so dead!!!

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 3:17

Trug, the penny has just dropped. Were you the guy in the shorts or the guy in the company of the guy in the shorts???? If it was you, then I am sorry, I had no idea who you were, we must have missed the introductions. Maybe next time.
Linda
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  David Ex Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 3:31

See Linda, if you had brought your friends over (Including Hooters girl) you would have met Trug, he was in the pub with us before we went to Hoots!!!
David Ex
David Ex
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Hootenanny's Inverness Empty Re Hootenanny's Inverness

Post  trug Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 4:10

Hi Linda yeah i was the lump in the shorts and i am so sorry we didn't get to talk,just have to either come up to another gig or maybe you can come down,Roz and I have been known to go to the odd Southampton gig from time to time.

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 6:06

You'll have to excuse Aunty Linda, she's awfully pretty but really dim *spud hides*
Spud
Spud
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 6:59

Spud wrote:You'll have to excuse Aunty Linda, she's awfully pretty but really dim *spud hides*

Spuddie! Shocked Surely you know better than to upset a Ross-shire lassie???
Boy, are you going to be for it when Linda sees what you've said! Twisted Evil
Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 2:14

Puffin wrote:
Spud wrote:You'll have to excuse Aunty Linda, she's awfully pretty but really dim *spud hides*

Spuddie! Shocked Surely you know better than to upset a Ross-shire lassie???
Boy, are you going to be for it when Linda sees what you've said! Twisted Evil

How quickly Spud forgets about the reputation of a lassie from Easter Ross!! I wonder is it nicer to be classed as pretty but dim, or clever but ugly??? Hmmmm. Laughing
Linda
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 9:18

Easter-Ross women don't scare me
Spud
Spud
Sepia Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 7:37

Last week I wrote a review of the Hoots concert in german and posted it to some german forums.
Some people said that it would be fine if I would translate it to english... ok, here it is... Very Happy

CONCERT REVIEW HOOTANANNY'S / INVERNESS 27/02/2010

We were not only at a concert, we were in the thick of it (Mittendrin statt nur dabei)
This is our impression after our first Coast concert and a great weekend in Inverness/Scotland.
Shortly after the gig I knew that it was a really big deal. And after about one week I know now definitely that it was one of my best concerts and parties ever. Maybe the best at all...

It was the "complete package", I never experienced something similar before.
The Coast concert started at 8:30pm but the warm-up began already at 3pm: Fan-meeting, dinner, meeting the band preparing the stage and doing soundcheck.
We met more than 30 fantastic new friends from England, Scotland, Ireland and Denmark. Stefanie and me came from Germany. It was a very international company and a very warm and collaborative atmosphere. And it's inspiring to meet all those different personalities.
Coast, the band, management and fans, all Coasters, are like a family.

Hootananny's was well attended. The audience sang and danced already at the soundcheck. WOOOHOOO !!!
The support act Andrew Huggan performed for about 35 minutes, a collection of traditional and modern celtic songs, he did a really good job !!!
Both, Andrew and his girlfriend Kirsten, stayed in the first rows with us at the Coast concert.

Then Mr. Iain Bayne entered Hoot's and after a big "welcome" he announced Coast at the stage and Tam Stewart opened the gig with an awesome bagpipe solo. He had no technical problems although it was very warm and damp in the pub. The following classic "Big Blue sky" created a stunning atmosphere, this feeling remained until the end of the show. My tee-shirt was wet after five minutes, it was a very dynamic gig, the audience partied, danced and sang, and the fans knew all lyrics...
The sound quality was perfect, all instruments and vocals sounded very clear. CHAPEAU !!!
The band performed in total about two hours including three new songs. A short break in the middle of the gig was not really necessary but a good chance to order a new pint of Guinness... Wink

After the concert the party with all our new friends and band members went on. The night didn't seem to end...
I finally dropped into bed very tired and exhausted but I didn't get a wink of sleep that night.
The next day I felt poorly...

And the conclusion is: We didn't regret neither any single mile travelled nor any penny spent on that trip.
We'll come back soon, deffo !!!

"There is a message from the captain... OOOOOCCCEEEEEAAAANNOOOOOSSSSS..." Wink

Cheers, Matthias.

p.s.: the setlist: Intro Tam Stewart, Big blue sky, We made it, To the windward, The work song, Sepia eyes, In Scandinavia, On this day, These walls, Keep loving, The reckless engineer, Docks of my hometown, The sword dance, Skye Boat Song, Song of Angus, The great crowd, Ruabhal, The turning stone, America, Oceanos
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 8:39

It was great to meet you buddy and I am really pleased the trip was worth while and glad you enjoyed it Smile
Spud
Spud
Sepia Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Q Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 8:53

Bravo Matthias mate, Coast are really connecting people (or was that Nokia...hmm, never mind..) bounce cheers

Miss Q
Coaster

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 18:39

Great review.....

I'm still working on mine.......I'm a bit behind with things at the moment

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 18:55

Delightful to read Matthias, it's like to be back, it was an unforgettable evening cheers
We feel the same way, we can not get enough ...... it must be experienced again bounce bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down