Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change of personnel

+6
COAST
tiz
Puffin
Celtman
Trousers
DaveyTee
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Change of personnel - Page 2 Empty Re: Change of personnel

Post  KENNY MACDONALD Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 7:32

Thanks Trousers. Glad to be on board. You and the band will always be welcome back in Oban (we prefer mad Southerners!) waiting in anticipation re the new line up but still feel we need to know why Chris and Adam felt they had to leave? as they were sutch an integral part of the band.Hope to listen in to tomorrows radio show. Will the new boys be in place?

KENNY MACDONALD
Coaster

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 18:06

I went down to band rehearsals last night to take some photos (badly as it turns out - I shan't be giving up the day job quite yet me thinks!!). I'll post some up once the guys have picked out the ones they prefer.

I'm happy to report that the band are sounding great when you consider this was only their second week together as the new line-up. Stating the obvious that a bit more spit and polish is required but I can reassure people that the sound, passion and energy of COAST remains intact.

Hi Kenny - I'm sure the whys and wherefores about why Chris and Adam felt they needed to quit the band will come out in due course and I understand the frustration being expressed in the details being a bit slim on the ground at the moment. I know thst I'd be wanting to know more if it was another band that I wasn't as closely involved with.

All I can say is that the reason Paul and the guys haven't shared their views about what happened in any detail yet is that they fear it will detract from getting the band relaunched ahead of Tonder. As with any disagreement in life, it basically boils down to a difference of opinion about certain aspects of the band.

The new guys will be officially unveiled on the radio show tonight and a website news article with pics soon after. (also look out for the potential airing of a new song...)

Sorry I can't elaborate any further but the good thing is that the band are back on track.

Cheers for now - Carry On COASTing!

Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 18:13

Thanks for the update Martin...........

Must remember to tune in tonight for the radio show.

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 18:48

1000 thanks Martin for this optimistic update! Very Happy
Is it possible someone will record the radio program, it will be a little late DK time!
It will be fantastic for Coast to get their debut on Tønder, and it is good to see that also you come with! Smile) bounce bounce cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  francesp Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 23:29

Sad I was shocked to read that Chris and Adam have left the band, I haven't been on here or Runrig site for ages. But I wish them the best, and thank them for their contribution to (IMO) the great music of COAST in the past. Looking forward to seeing/hearing/meeting the new members sometime in the near future - hope I remember to listen in to the radio tonight - will have to get back early from my evening out walking/pubbing!!

Is Sharon still involved with the band or has she gone too?

Best wishes to all,
Frances

francesp
Coast

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Change of personnel - Page 2 Empty Re:change of personel

Post  trug Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 3:02

Fear not little Puffin your safe...........for now.OK can i just make this absolutely clear it was not my intention to criticize either Paul or any other member of Coast about anything,i am however very, one excited to hear what the new Coast are going to be like and two, very concerned for the band as a whole,with the loss of two key players one who runs a great bass line and the other who's lead breaks are so distinctive and continued (and I'm sure will continue)to get better and better.This is a vast hole to fill and i do know what I'm talking about here as since i lost my lead guitarist a guy who in not just my own opinion, was one of the best undiscovered blues guitarists in the south of England our band has struggled to get back to a sound that we and our fans are happy with.I know we are a much smaller outfit but the principle is the same. These are exciting times for Coast,some of it probably more than they need right now however, we all know the caliber of the musicians left and I'm sure we are going to love the new Coast and I am just going to have to learn to shut up and be more patient.Actually to be fair Roz tells me that all the time.I apologize if have caused any offense to either any Coast member or to any fan it truly was not my intention.Drew

trug
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 6:11

Hi Drew, all sorted mate - just a bit of a misunderstanding. I agree with what you say - Chris L and Adam will be hard acts to follow. The band have still got the heart and soul that was always there which should stand them in good stead.
Interesting times as you say. No such thing as bad publicity as they say in the trade.
Cheers, martin
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyTee Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 18:16

So as I understand it the band have now only got a stand-in lead guitarist (Russ) who will cover "for a few months to tide things over until the long term replacement is able to join the band full time later in the year". Am I right in thinking that the "long term replacement" has already been chosen, or does the search continue? And will Russ be playing guitar on the forthcoming CD, or is that going to be delayed until the permanent replacement has joined the band?

DT
DaveyTee
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Tue 20 Jul 2010 - 20:52

DaveyTee wrote:So as I understand it the band have now only got a stand-in lead guitarist (Russ) who will cover "for a few months to tide things over until the long term replacement is able to join the band full time later in the year". Am I right in thinking that the "long term replacement" has already been chosen, or does the search continue? And will Russ be playing guitar on the forthcoming CD, or is that going to be delayed until the permanent replacement has joined the band?

DT

Hi Davey,

Probably best if Paul fill people in on the 'next steps' in this regard but my understanding is that the 'long term' guitarist has been 'earmarked' and will be auditioning with the band in the not too distant future. I believe Russ is purely helping out with live shows at the moment but I wouldn't rule out him playing a part in any recorded material either.

Sorry if that sounds a bit 'fence sitting' but I think the guys are keen to keep all options open at the moment rather than tie themselves down to some arbitrary deadlines.

cheers for now,
martin
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down