Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

3 posters

Go down

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT Empty PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

Post  Celtman Fri 9 Jul 2010 - 18:20

The COAST news desk is happy to report that the band were back in rehearsals yesterday in preparation for their appearance at the Tønder Festival next month.COAST are scheduled to make two appearances in Denmark. On Friday 27th August they are on the same bill as Scottish celtic rockers Wolfstone and Orkney band The Chair, kicking off at 8pm in Tent 1. COAST return to action on Sunday 29th August at 1pm for another stint on the main stage.

In order to bed in the new band members, COAST have cleared the decks between now and Tønder and as such there are currently no gigs planned before then, however watch this space for the possibility of one or two warm up gigs that may be arranged at short notice.

COAST HQ would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has signed up to the COAST email list via the website over the last few months. Regular news updates and exclusive announcements will start to be released via this channel in the not too distant future. Stay tuned!

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT Empty Re: PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

Post  Celtman Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 17:55

How did the rehearsals go last night

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 18:27

Celtman wrote:How did the rehearsals go last night
Celtman wrote:How did the rehearsals go last night

Hi dave - if the musky whiff of male testosterone was anything to go by all is fine and dandy!

Seriously, the guys were much more advanced in their 'gelling' than I thought they might be at this early stage.

They rehearsed Oceanos, Big Blue Sky, To The Windward and Keep Loving.

Oceanos was probably the most polished but the other three are sounding great and the COAST sound we all know and love is still there in abundance.

The guys played all four songs back to back at the end of the session and I can honestly say I was impressed.

It goes without saying that some fine tuning is required but things are looking good for Tonder at the end of August.

The purpose of me going along was to take some new pics but I made the fatal mistake of using my new SLR camera for the first time in anger so the results are, shall we say, mixed! I'll pop up any photos that pass the quality test as soon as I get the nod.

Cheers,
Martin
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  francesp Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 23:09

Sad I haven't looked in on here or Runrig site for ages, so I was shocked to learn that Chris and Adam have left the band!!! I would like to say thank you to them both for their contribution to what, I think, is a great band, and wish them the best for the future. I'm sure that COAST will carry on producing good music and delighting many of us with the new members of the band, and I look forward to catching up with them at a gig before too long. Cool

Frances

francesp
Coast

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum