Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coast album review from the Rock n Reel magazine

5 posters

Go down

Coast album review from the Rock n Reel magazine Empty Coast album review from the Rock n Reel magazine

Post  Celtman Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 5:02

Coast - Coast
**** (4/5 Stars)

"On this debut album from Southampton's Celtic rockers Coast it's almost as if there are two bands chipping in. The Coast that contributes most of the tracks is dominated by Chris Lappage's soaring, echoing lead guitar underpinned by frontman Paul Eastham's assorted keyboards.
It's big, windswept, crackling with barely-contained emotion, rippling with muscular arrangements that lap the shores of melodic prog rock. A Little touch of later-Horslips here, perhaps a whiff of Big Country and Runrig there and, especially on "To The Windward", more than a smidgeon of Manic Nirvana-era Robert Plant. Its the sort of thing to make your breast swell or kick in the gag reflex, according to taste, but, like it or not, Its done with passion and elan.
For Me, I prefer the other Coast that tops and tails the album with strident acoustic guitar, walloping drums and either swaggering accordian or graunchy rock guitar.......songs to bellow along to in a field while you throw your arm around - and your cider over - your new best mate. Can we have more of these on the next one, chaps"

Album reviewed by Oz Hardwick

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Coast album review from the Rock n Reel magazine Empty Re: Coast album review from the Rock n Reel magazine

Post  Linda Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 5:20

4 Stars!!! Way to go guys!!! cheers

I love this quote!!!! Very Happy

songs to bellow along to in a field while you throw your arm around - and your cider over - your new best mate Very Happy
Linda
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Back to top Go down

Coast album review from the Rock n Reel magazine Empty Re: Coast album review from the Rock n Reel magazine

Post  cairdeas Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 5:28

Wow - great review. cheers
That's the right way, guys ! I'm proud of having known COAST before they have become too famous lol!

Jutta Smile
cairdeas
cairdeas
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-08-16

http://www.myspace.com/juttasch

Back to top Go down

Coast album review from the Rock n Reel magazine Empty re coast album review from the rock and reel magazine

Post  trug Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 9:49

What a fantastic review,just not sure about this throwing cider about all over the place though, its designed to go down one's throat,or better still my throat.What say you Tiz?

trug
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  KENNY MACDONALD Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 2:33

obviously oz is a man of discerning taste.looks like he has just discovered what we coast fans have known for some time.i wonder if he has heard the "demo version" of "the beat of you" i keep going back to this song. sometimes even i forget how good this band are

KENNY MACDONALD
Coaster

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down