Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COAST interview - submit your questions here!

+11
numbersix
Celtman
RunrigNutter
atislay
Puffin
trug
Linda
joke
tiz
jacqui
Trousers
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

COAST interview - submit your questions here! Empty COAST interview - submit your questions here!

Post  Trousers Wed 26 Jan 2011 - 21:59

Hello COAST fans!

We are planning on recording a video interview with Paul Eastham (and potentially one or two others from the band) in the recording studio this coming weekend (29th/30th Jan)

We'd like as many questions as possible to come from a fan's perspective so please submit your questions on this thread. No limit to how many questions you can ask - we'll choose a selection if over-subscribed!

The questions can be on any topic you like, from queries about the new album to intimate details about under-garments! Very Happy

So, don't be shy - fire away!

Cheers,
Martin
p.s. our favourite question wins a one-off signed photograph of the band in the studio!

Last edited by Trousers on Wed 16 Mar 2011 - 21:17; edited 1 time in total
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down

COAST interview - submit your questions here! Empty Re: COAST interview - submit your questions here!

Post  jacqui Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 0:32

Why does Paul like Scampi Fries so much?
jacqui
jacqui
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Back to top Go down

COAST interview - submit your questions here! Empty Re: COAST interview - submit your questions here!

Post  tiz Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 1:18

With the new album being worked on and the announcement that new influences on the Coast sound will happen to what extent will this happen and what do those new influences actually mean.

The lyrics of Coast with the sound is what I find so exciting about the band. What is the importance of real events with real emotions to the lyrics. Is it something that we will coninue to see.

Has anyone in the band actually had a beer bought them by Baynesy. If yes how long will I have to wait for one.
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 1:19

Is it actually true that anyone in the band actually wears undergarmets.........euww[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] pants are for girls.
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  joke Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 1:53

Come to the Netherlands Very Happy cheers , please Question
joke
joke

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 2:42

My question is...
What question do I have to ask to win the signed photograph??? Laughing Laughing

Linda
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 3:03

Linda wrote:My question is...
What question do I have to ask to win the signed photograph??? Laughing Laughing

Crafty lady! Very Happy
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Back to top Go down

COAST interview - submit your questions here! Empty Re:Coast Interview

Post  trug Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 4:02

Hi guys how does it feel to be known in Denmark,Scotland,Germany etc but so many people in your home town do not know or have even heard of you,do you think its going to be a career for you that you will make it in these countries but perhaps not in England or is it just a matter of time before the English catch on too?

Would it really bother you if you where not destined to catch on south of the border but succeeded in the other countries mentioned?

Are you planning to create a dvd in the not to distant future?

Best gig/worst gig to date?

How did the band actually start who met who where?

When is Mongo getting his Sonnor kit?

What is the biggest driving motivation to the band?

Who is the biggest musical inspiration to each of the band members?

trug
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 4:20

Like the biggest influence to each band memebr good question.

When the band are famous is it possible for me to road test the odd groupie BEFORE one of you.
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 4:44

For those of us who cannot make it to Scotland in May Sad are you planning any (one will suffice!) "album" gigs in the south of England? In fact, will there be any English dates in 2011? Or (I don't suppose it'll win me the photo but I'm going all out for the cheekiest question here Wink ) how about a pre-Scotland full rehearsal at which you will be bound to perform much better with a real live (well, we were alive last time we looked!) audience of 'specially invited elderly groupies?? Rolling Eyes Please? Pretty please?? Laughing Laughing

Oh, and will there be an instrumental track on the new album, along the lines of Ruaival?

Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

COAST interview - submit your questions here! Empty Re:Coast interview

Post  trug Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 5:38

Now then Puffin are we to make any link between your desire to be a specially invited groupie and Tiz's request on the post above you?!Still waters,thats all I'm saying!!!

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 6:26

No connection - I'm sure it's the young, attractive groupies that Tiz is interested in not ..... Razz He may have said "odd" but he didn't say "old"! Twisted Evil

Naughty Trug - you'll have put Tiz off his tea now! Shocked

Last edited by Puffin on Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 6:27; edited 1 time in total
Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 6:26

Liking the questions. Trug in pole position for chief interview script writer! :-)
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 7:04

Many very interesting questions so far, here are some others from myself:

- Until now you announced more or less only festival dates for the upcoming tour. Do you plan also some "non-festival"-gigs (where you play longer...)
- When do you announce more 2011 tour dates in Germany ? ;-)
- Do you release a CD-single before the album ? "Docks" would be great...
- Who will be guest musicians on the album ? Tam, Georgette, Duncan, ... ?
- Do you plan a Live-DVD or Live-CD of the upcoming tour ?
- How many pints of Guinness does Mongo drink during a rehearsal or production session ?
(And does he sleep in the studio or does he manage to get home ?) ;-)

The last question is from Alexandra:
- Paul, do you like spinach ? I hate it, but I had to eat it today...

atislay
atislay
These Walls

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  RunrigNutter Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 8:33

Hi Tim here, my question is this for Paul: You write amazing lyrics, but has album 2 made you more aware about life, and your writing in general is much stronger, more emphasis in your life?

RunrigNutter
Coast

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 19:02

Which song do you think the crowd enjoy most and which Paul, is your most favorite song to perform?

Where realistically does the band see its self this time next January?

If the band could do a gig anywhere,where would the guys most like to play?

Paul do you get nervous before a gig?

Does anyone have any rituals they do before a gig?

Coast are playing several festivals in Denmark(lucky Denmark by the way) this year,can we expect to see them playing any in the UK or Germany other than Darvel and Schlosshof?

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 19:11

Lots of great questions...........

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 21:55

Any more places that you want to do a "Reubhal" for. What places have really affected you. Remember trousers isnt a place.
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 22:00

tiz wrote:Any more places that you want to do a "Reubhal" for. What places have really affected you. Remember trousers isnt a place.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 22:01

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 22:07

Hahahaha I see its near Pratts Camp tongue
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 22:16

tiz wrote:Hahahaha I see its near Pratts Camp tongue

Wink
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Back to top Go down

Post  numbersix Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 5:50

If you could have 1 group or solo artist to cover a Coast song who would it be and what song would you like them to cover? Very Happy
numbersix
numbersix
Coast

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

COAST interview - submit your questions here! Empty Re:COAST interview - submit your questions here!

Post  trug Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 11:13

For Mongo,What,or who inspired you to take up drumming?

Favorite band food,Indian,Chinese,Italian,Thai other,and who decides?

Who is the most bad tempered band member and who is the peace keeper?

Paul when you write a song is it words or music first?

Are there any other budding song writers in the band?

Once you all make the big time with a few quid in the bank whats the cars of choice?

Holding down jobs as well as band commitments must be a bit of a juggling act,are there times when some days you just think I cant do this anymore or are you all just so driven it really is just part of the territory,deal with it?

To really take off you guys are going to need a record deal,anything in that department,Ridge maybe?

Is there any chance of Gaelic lyrics coming into any of your work?

Paul if you could do a duet with anyone in the world,who would it be?

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 12:08

Trug I can answer the duet question its me the bristol gorgeous. He is desperate to get me on stage in tight spandex
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next