Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Six Nations

5 posters

Go down

Six Nations Empty Six Nations

Post  trug Fri 4 Feb 2011 - 19:49

Why are Wales playing England on a Friday night,whatever happened to rugby being played on a Saturday afternoon like it used to be?Oh and I suppose whilst on the subject who do you think is going to win the Six Nations?My heart is desperate for Scotland but I suspect either France or England.

trug
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Six Nations Empty Re: Six Nations

Post  tiz Sat 5 Feb 2011 - 7:44

Last Friday night of the six nations aparently I agree. Cardiff international weekend is amazing but Friday lots are still working. Usually its a great Friday night and even better Saturday.

Me I think the same England or France but only due to Irish injuries. But if Wales beat England and get confidence it could be them.
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Sat 5 Feb 2011 - 12:37

Hi Tiz,well you will be happy, first blood to England,good result too,hard game mind.Looking forward to today's games later although I am going to miss the Scotland game due to gig commitments.Good luck Scotland........Come on!!!!

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Sun 6 Feb 2011 - 15:10

Well,Lucky Ireland................not so lucky Scotland.Hey Ho,next year!Well done Italy by the way,I think the guy's have come on enormously.

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Sun 6 Feb 2011 - 20:56

Glad to see England play well against a tough Wales.

Italy were unlucky

I hope they go back to playing games just on a saturday afternoon

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Sun 13 Feb 2011 - 3:21

Well nice little win there for England,now come on Scotland!!

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Mon 14 Feb 2011 - 2:14

Well not a classic game plenty of heart from Scotland especially from Sean Lamont,but not much evidence of skill though.Handling was rubbish and frankly I fear much worse to come unless Scotland give themselves a big shake.If you can only score three points when your opposing side are two men down,you are a team with big problems.As for Wales,good first half but for a moment there in the second half I felt that maybe they were feeling sorry for the Scot's.Well done anyway Wales,best side won.Now come on Ireland!!

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Mon 14 Feb 2011 - 3:50

Not the result I wanted but a good game none the less.I have noticed that every team that I have supported seems to loose.Guess who I'm going to support in The Calcutta Cup?

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Mon 28 Feb 2011 - 19:05

Well,predictable result for Wales,well done.Good,but not fantastic result for England.Don't get me wrong I wanted England to beat France(of course) but England will have to tighten up more than that to win the world cup!Well done Ireland, though to be fair they nearly gave that game away to Scotland,who by the way I think suddenly realised they where at a rugby game in the second half,Ireland must be better disciplined if they hope to beat Wales and England.As for Scotland,I look forward to the England game as ever but hopeful??

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 3:31

Well done Italy,bloody well done.Long time coming but worth the wait.Now come on Ireland lets see if you can do the same to the Welsh?!

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 6:04

Well I would like to say well done Wales but those of you that saw the game will know that 19-13 to Wales should have read 12-13 to Ireland.Anyway the score is what it is and for sure its got to be good for Wales winning three in a row now,none the less I feel gutted for Ireland who by the way are still giving away too many penalties,come on guys!!
Now tomorrow of course the big one,cider in and chilled,nibbles all to hand and various rugby supporters coming round to enjoy a classic game of rugby(I hope)Come on Scotland!!!

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Mon 14 Mar 2011 - 9:01

What can I say?Ive had a cracking day with a bunch of friends,some of whom have never watched an England Scotland game before,indeed some who have never watched a game of rugby(can you believe it?)Whatever,not the result my mate Lorna and I wanted but interesting to notice how quite our English friends went from time to time.No we didn't win,nothing new there(not since 83 at Twickenham)but Scotland made a good game of it and can hold their heads up with pride and hey, there is always next year!!Well done England.

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyTee Sun 20 Mar 2011 - 4:07

Well, I've just seen the start of the Ireland - England game. Ireland had two national anthems, one much more rousing than the other (presumably one for northern ireland, the other for the Republic, this being a united team). England, on the other hand, are persevering with "God Save the Queen". Why, FGS? It's not England's national anthem, it's a dirge, and there are several more much better English songs that could be used. None of the other home nations still use "God Save the Queen" (though they're every bit as entitled to as England) so why does England still do it?

DT
DaveyTee
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Sun 20 Mar 2011 - 20:05

I don't know Davey it upsets me. Well all the hype and hope blown apart in minutes. Well done Ireland.
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Tue 22 Mar 2011 - 20:49

Well that's another Six Nations over.Well done Scotland for avoiding the wooden spoon,thank goodness for Italy however,I think the Italians sent a very clear message of intent I just wish their result with England could have been better,I look forward to seeing their progress in the world cup.Shame about Wales going down to France but it was the most likely result.Now England,I'm sorry but I did have to laugh at the shock on some of my friend faces when England lost,Wilkinson missed a kick and Thompson's try,(although I would imagine no one was more surprised than he on that one)Anyway it proved J.W is human,the machine that is England did not get a chance to play the rugby they wanted to cos of those pesky Irishman and I think they really missed Tindell.Main thing is there was some good rugby,there was some awful rugby,some dodgy reffing and some good decision making, no one died,the world cup is coming and as I say,"There's always next year!"

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Sun 14 Aug 2011 - 23:47

with ebgland it seems two steps forward one step back.
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  Data1964 Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 10:02

DaveyTee wrote:Well, I've just seen the start of the Ireland - England game. Ireland had two national anthems, one much more rousing than the other (presumably one for northern ireland, the other for the Republic, this being a united team). England, on the other hand, are persevering with "God Save the Queen". Why, FGS? It's not England's national anthem, it's a dirge, and there are several more much better English songs that could be used. None of the other home nations still use "God Save the Queen" (though they're every bit as entitled to as England) so why does England still do it?

DT
I agree Davey, GSTQ IS a terrible dirge and England needs to sort itself out (no offence to HMTHQ).
The two anthems are only played when Ireland play at home. The NATIONAL Anthem of the Republic of Ireland, Amhrán na bhFiann, (The Soldiers Song) is played first, then Irelands Call, the Anthem of the United Ireland Rugby Team is played. Irelands Call is played at all away matches. It was composed by Irish Composer Phil Coulter in 1995.
Data1964
Data1964
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 86
Location : Somewhere Over the Rainbow, In the Land of Leprechauns
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://www.noneoftheabove.info/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down