Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it me?

5 posters

Go down

Is it me? Empty Is it me?

Post  trug Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 20:30

Don't know if I'm the only person in Britain who feels like this so,is it just me who is not looking forward to the 2012 Olympics next year?Roz is very excited and just thinks I'm an old misery(probably right of course)But I feel our money could have been spent on so many more beneficial things just now.As I say its probably just me.

trug
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Is it me? Empty Re: Is it me?

Post  Puffin Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 21:43

You are not alone!
I have to say I was disappointed when we were "awarded" the (in my opinion) dubious pleasure of hosting the 2012 Olympics. I can't see how all the expense can really be justified, I don't suppose the country will end up in profit at the end of it all and many of us will suffer from road closures and delays during the event, without going anywhere near London - major disruptions are promised around Weymouth and Portland, for example, where boating events are to be held. Every 4 years, the host country seems to attempt to outdo its predecessors in the cost and extravagance of the opening ceremonies and .... yes, I am an old grumpy too!! Wink Oh, and I hate the logo and those awful mascots. The only good thing about them is their names and what they represent! Mr Puffin doesn't seem any more enthusiastic about the whole thing than I am and I doubt we shall be watching any/much of it on TV.

Afterwards they'll probably find that the members of half a dozen foreign teams will be running around at large claiming asylum from whatever regime they dislike in their home country and it'll cost a fortune to round them up and er.... let them stay! Evil or Very Mad

Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 23:07

Puffin,this is music to my ears thank you,oh and that logo,definitely with you on that one,bloody hideous!Re the people left behind;That would be worth a bet too.Oh its great to be not the only grumpy one,girl you have made my day. X

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyTee Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 23:12

It's OK, Trug, needless to say I'm in the grumpy camp as well on this one!

DT
DaveyTee
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Thu 28 Jul 2011 - 20:18

Well done Davey.And then there where three,anymore out there?P.S nothing personal Davey but I'm not giving you a kiss O.K?

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Thu 28 Jul 2011 - 22:06

Four as you can count Mr Puffin in!

He was grumbling yesterday about the amount of traffic around east London (he spent half the day stuck in traffic jams) and I said "wait 'til this time next year!" Twisted Evil . With events taking place all over the country, not just in the host city, life is going to be very difficult for those whose jobs involve travelling as it would appear that smooth passage is going to be granted to those going to and from Olympic events (even to roads being closed, I think I read somewhere?) and stuff the rest of the population who have a living to earn. Mad Grump!

Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 19:17

Then welcome to our happy grumpy band Mr Puffin.!Four already,do I hear five?

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Sat 30 Jul 2011 - 7:09

Right going to buck the trend the evidence......open to discussion........suggests that this will bring huge revenue to the uk and will ultimately outstrip the expense.

Me I can't wait and we have tickets for the rowing.

Miserable old farts the lot you hehehehehehe
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Sat 30 Jul 2011 - 9:02

tiz wrote:Miserable old farts the lot you hehehehehehe

And proud to be so! Razz Laughing

Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor2 Mon 1 Aug 2011 - 18:05

I have never liked the Olympic's . Even through out my childhood i never really watched them . If i happen to be in the house , and there happens to be nothing else on TV , and i am bored , i might watch it , but thats a BIG might . My biggest thing is the football world cup .
I read some where that Greece's financial situation might have started when they hosted the Olympics , as it costs millions to put it on .
Conor2
Conor2
Coaster

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 21:00

I hope your right Tiz and the country does make a small(or even large)fortune out of it but I would strongly recommend that you dont hold your breath.As for being miserable and farting a lot I am happy to admit to the former however I suggest you speak to Puffin re the latter issue!!

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 22:38

trug wrote:...I am happy to admit to the former however I suggest you speak to Puffin re the latter issue!!

OI!!!!!!!! Don't cast those kind of nasturtiums in my direction! Razz
*Smack*

Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 2:06

OUCH!! Sorry Puffin,thought you liked Nastywhatsits xx

trug