Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tracks have been decided for album now!!

+3
Bitten Susanne Pedersen
the scimitar
COAST
7 posters

Go down

tracks have been decided for album now!! Empty tracks have been decided for album now!!

Post  COAST Mon 21 Jul 2008 - 0:42

ok righty then!!!!
the tracks have been decided now for the album , the quickest way poss is to do an 8 track album an follow it with another songle 2 months down the line with 3 more origional songs
so it is as follows!!
SONG OF ANGUS
THE WORK SONG
TO THE WINDWARD
AMERICA
BIG BLUE SKY
ROADS
KEEP LOVING
AN CUAN SIAR
all completely recorded form scratch from
expect more trad instruments too .
it will be recorded in north wales and southampton ( new forest) over the next few months!!!
and as we said before the album launch will be in southampton, either the talking heads or the brook.. not sure yet sometime in feb so its gonna be a great night!!!

lots of alcohol lots of singing and dancing and pipes and lots of raaawwwkkkkk!!!!!!!!!
Paulers xx
COAST
COAST
America

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2008-02-12

http://www.myspace.com/pauleasthampiano

Back to top Go down

tracks have been decided for album now!! Empty Re: tracks have been decided for album now!!

Post  the scimitar Mon 21 Jul 2008 - 6:42

Excellent choice. Fingers and toes crossed that it will be huge success. cheers

Sabine xx
the scimitar
the scimitar
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Back to top Go down

tracks have been decided for album now!! Empty Re: tracks have been decided for album now!!

Post  Bitten Susanne Pedersen Mon 21 Jul 2008 - 18:31

I am glad, that you have big blue sky on the list. I will look forward to buy your CD. Hope it will be a success. bounce

Bitten
Bitten Susanne Pedersen
Bitten Susanne Pedersen

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Mon 21 Jul 2008 - 20:06

Hi Paul - good to hear the album is starting to take shape. Just to be ever so slightly critical for a second though...(don't worry, I won't be too harsh!)....I'm surprised you've gone for a short 8 track album....isn't that a bit of a risk from a commercial perspective...? In other words, might it not put some people off buying it if they're 'only' going to get 8 tracks?

Ok, I guess the plan might be to offer it for sale at a lower price than a 'full' 10 to 12 track album (?) but my initial thought was: "wouldn't it make sense to include The Great Crowd and These Walls on the album?". It's normally quite usual to see singles 'reappear' on forthcoming albums from bands so given these tracks are already 'commercially recorded' (and therefore wouldn't require much, if any?, re-working for the album) I'm wondering why you've chosen to exclude them from the album....??

All that said, a lot of people don't buy full albums anymore. I buy 90% of my music on a track by track basis off iTunes and only every buy CD albums from a few favourite artists (Runrig, CdeB, Springsteen, Coast, etc) so perhaps my thoughts on a smaller album are not as relevant now as they may have been say 20 years ago...?

Anyway....would be interested on your thoughts on my thoughts!

There...wasn't too harsh feedback was it?!

cheers,
Martin
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658

Back to top Go down

Post  COAST Tue 22 Jul 2008 - 21:38

no not to harsh at all!!!!
would you guys want the great crowd single on the album????
the only reason we havent included it so far is that the recording quality is totally different now, its more a continuity thing i guess ,, but if thats what you guys want then i guess we could!!

let me know your thoughts please as im interested to know
Paulers xx
COAST
COAST
America

Number of posts : 456

http://www.myspace.com/pauleasthampiano

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Tue 22 Jul 2008 - 22:15

COAST wrote:no not to harsh at all!!!!
would you guys want the great crowd single on the album????
the only reason we havent included it so far is that the recording quality is totally different now, its more a continuity thing i guess ,, but if thats what you guys want then i guess we could!!

let me know your thoughts please as im interested to know
Paulers xx

Hi Paul - cheers for the reply.....

I guess there's two answers to your question - it depends on whether you're asking someone who has 'been on the ride' with the band over the last 6 months or so or whether you are asking someone who will be new to the band when the album is released.

My own personal view is that the album should also 'showcase' one or two of the tracks off the first single as this way you can guarantee that if/when the album lands on the desk of some radio station DJ (or Jools Holland's PA...!) they will also get to hear the great tracks off the single too.

As I say, I don't think it's unusual for bands to release a single ahead of an album and then include at least the "A-side" on the next album....

Would be interesting to hear what others think though as I could be talking out of my hat and/or ar5e of course!!!

cheers
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bubbles Wed 23 Jul 2008 - 7:53

Personally I would love to have "These Walls" on the album...tis one of my favourites Smile
Mr Bubbles
Mr Bubbles
Coast

Number of posts : 32

http://www.myspace.com/adambowdenbeneaththestars

Back to top Go down

Post  the scimitar Wed 23 Jul 2008 - 19:28

It would be great to have the great crowd on the album for a simple reason. I love that song very much and when I am in the mood for some Coast music I won't have to change cds after 8 songs. Hope I don't sound too practical or stupid. Laughing

cheers

Sabine xx
the scimitar
the scimitar
The Great Crowd

Registration date : 2008-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 Jul 2008 - 6:02

I'm sure I can wangle a works trip down that way in Feb. I would love to be at the talking heads or the brook. Mine's a Guinness.

Back to top Go down

Post  jacqui Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 0:20

Just been listening to 'The Great Crowd' CD again today. I'd probably agree with Trousers and why not add those tracks to the CD. 'Sepia Eyes' is an utterly brilliant track and I love the other two as well!

Good luck with the recording!
jacqui
jacqui
The Great Crowd

Registration date : 2008-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  rundan Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 2:04

Why not make a double album. With the new cd and with the great crowd as a bonus cd??!

What´s the new album going to be called?

Anja xx
rundan
rundan
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down