Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans for and english tour.

+2
celticbird
tiz
6 posters

Go down

Plans for and english tour. Empty Plans for and english tour.

Post  tiz Thu 11 Mar 2010 - 10:12

I know the guys are working to their limit already but are there any plans for the band to widen their appeal in Englandshire. I would love to get them up here in Bristol.
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Plans for and english tour. Empty Re: Plans for and english tour.

Post  celticbird Thu 11 Mar 2010 - 18:42

you'll have to do some ground work for them/Iain Tiz. Check out venues etc and let Iain know. His email is on the Coast website
celticbird
celticbird
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 9:11

What sort of venues would the Band and Iain be looking for? There are a number of small (200-250) seat venues in the Gloucestershire/Wiltshire/Worcestershire general area which might be worth a look - the sort of local theatres where we have seen Julie Fowlis and Dochas perform for example - and I believe the Gloucester Guildhall does all standing events as well as seated ones. If those sorts of places are what is required I can look out some web links. They aren't pubs by any means but most do have bars in the foyer...!
Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Annie Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 9:40

Puffin wrote:What sort of venues would the Band and Iain be looking for? There are a number of small (200-250) seat venues in the Gloucestershire/Wiltshire/Worcestershire general area which might be worth a look - the sort of local theatres where we have seen Julie Fowlis and Dochas perform for example - and I believe the Gloucester Guildhall does all standing events as well as seated ones. If those sorts of places are what is required I can look out some web links. They aren't pubs by any means but most do have bars in the foyer...!

...and there's a lovely bouncy floor in Gloucester Guildhall Laughing Laughing Laughing
Annie
Annie
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 10:02

Yes, I remember it bouncing when we were all sat down and Julie Fowlis was playing - made my photos alll blurry! Laughing

Still - if Coast play there we could look at it as something of a challenge - see if we couldn't perhaps bounce so much we break the bouncy floor! Cool Very Happy
Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 19:42

In fairness as well a Gloucester gig would be in the middle of some die hard fans as well.
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  colyates Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 21:10

how about here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

there are these but might a bit big at the moment

the last one is good for laurel and hardy fans as well with i think the only museum to them at the back and statue at the front

colyates
Coaster

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 22:13

This is a great venue for bands and exactly the sort of place that Coast rock.
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 6:36

The Duchess in York is in the city centre (near Jorvik Cafe, Shambles etc). There is a panoramic viewer on the website, it looks and ideal place for a rock band - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Leopard is Doncaster's live music venue and would be a good place for the band (it's a pub with live music upstairs on a Friday) - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In Sheffield, there are a number of places. The top spot for live music has to be The Leadmill - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There is also The Boardwalk which has live music 5/6 nights a week (and looks to be a hotspot for uni students) - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sheffield Uni has The Octagon Centre, Runrig have previously played here whilst the City Hall was closed. It is a bit out of the way though - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They are the 3 main cities (apart from Doncaster which is a town) that I can think of ideal places around Yorkshire. I don't know much about places in Leeds, Bradford etc. Maybe someone can suggest places in other areas around Yorkshire so you can build up a database of venues.

I would suggest sticking to large towns or cities as transport would be better, there is more chance of getting accommodation and it would be easier for people to travel too.
Spud
Spud
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down