Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change of personnel

+6
COAST
tiz
Puffin
Celtman
Trousers
DaveyTee
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Change of personnel Empty Change of personnel

Post  DaveyTee Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 5:36

I have to say that I'm astonished that, following the announcement that the band are losing their lead and bass guitarists, there hasn't been any comment whatever about it on this, the Coast MB! Is it something we're meant not to talk about?

DT
DaveyTee
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Change of personnel Empty Re: Change of personnel

Post  Trousers Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 8:09

Hi Davey,

Yep, does seem a bit odd that no-one's raised it on here before now, but I think Facebook has probably taken over the world as the medium of choice amongst most COAST fans that I know.

But, no, there's definately no moritorium on talking about it but I think the band themselves will be waiting for the dust to settle a bit more before making further comment on what has happened.

Nice train by the way! :-)

cheers,
Martin
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyTee Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 10:09

Trousers wrote:Nice train by the way! :-)
As you probably realised, that's me driving it!

I'm afraid I don't do Facebook so if all the discussion is on there, that's why I've missed it.

DT
DaveyTee
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 17:57

Aye facebook has taken over the world.

Angela and I met up with Paul, Chris and Mongo from Coast at the weekend and they are positive about the future.

Both Chris L and Adam left the band on their own accord.

99% of bands have change in personal during their career's

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 22:10

I don't know who is in charge of the website but would it be possible to ensure it is kept up to date, please? I accept it was changed promptly to show the cancellation of this past weekend's Southampton gigs but what is happening about Silverstone etc.? From what I've read on FB on the occasions I've been allowed to look over Himself's shoulder, Paul appears to be suggesting the next Coast gig will be Tonder?

It does seem rather a shame that Facebook seems to be taking over the world and official websites and message boards are taking a back seat as it were as many are not and do not wish to be Facebook members. Neutral

Last edited by Puffin on Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 23:27; edited 1 time in total
Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 23:00

ey up Puffin

Just a quick message as I'm at work.

Martin is the one who does the official website....he knows where I am if needs any help with that.

Paul said to me on saturday that they will be not playing Silverstone.
I've updated the My Space gig section after speaking to Paul.

As for other gigs in August, we will just have to see how rehearsals go with the new guys.

Tonder is defo on

I will reply to your PM tonight......

TTFN

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 1:48

I must admit to being devastated with this news but it was something that for what ever reasons Chris and Adam felt they had to do. I am also devastated that there are no gigs till August though completely understandable. Sorry Davey that I dont use the message board medium more I will try better. And I dont want to lose contact with people like yourself who are stimulating but dont use facebook. I have stopped posting On stamping ground as I find I get wound up by it and what is the point in that.

For Coast i am sure the future continues to be bright.
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  COAST Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 2:32

Hi guys hope you are all well.
Sorry for not sorting this end of things out it's just been down to time I'm afraid.
Chris and Adam left the band to a decision that they felt was not right.
Coast are now rehearsing some very good musicians who naturally jumped at the chance. All gigs are off until tonder but we may book up some between now and then .
It just depends how things go.
The second album has begun and coast have never been in a stronger position.
This kind of thing happens to many bands including a lot of bands I have been involved with in the past.
I would like to thank everone of you for you support during this time .

Ttfn

Paulers xx

Last edited by COAST on Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 2:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ???)
COAST
COAST
America

Number of posts : 456

http://www.myspace.com/pauleasthampiano

Back to top Go down

Post  COAST Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 2:43

Ps davey ... You into trains?? Where was that pic taken mate?
COAST
COAST
America

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyTee Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 2:50

COAST wrote:Ps davey ... You into trains?? Where was that pic taken mate?
Yes I am. I had a Big Birthday a couple of years ago and was given a day's driver training course on The Caledonian Railway, Brechin - the picture was taken at Brechin station. It was an excellent day and I found I was actually quite good at it!

DT
DaveyTee
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  AndrewHuggan Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 2:53

Any word on who the replacements are?
AndrewHuggan
AndrewHuggan
Coast

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-01-08

http://www.andrewhuggan.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 3:23

Davey - I will refrain from all the "Thomas" and "Fat Controller" comments which I'm sure have already been made by better than me! Razz *Hides*

Paul - I realise (through FB via Mr Puffin) that things have been difficult and my comment about keeping the website up to date was as much to keep down the vermin who would delight in spreading "Coast are Dead" rumours as anything else. Evil or Very Mad

We had been considering coming down to the Old Mill ('cos it looks a nice place!) last Friday but will try and make it another time instead and we'll drag that Tiz fellow with us too, if we can persuade him he might enjoy a night out! Surprised Look forward to seeing the Band again soon. cheers bounce

Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 4:46

We have a steam train that runs most weekends 300 yards from the house. You cant beat Steam trains in Dent and on the road to the isles
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 4:48

Paulers is still not letting my superior singing skills or pretty boy looks take over lead vocals Very Happy . paul any idea when we will learn who the new band members are.
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  KENNY MACDONALD Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 5:50

HI GUYS. THIS IS MY FIRST POSTING SO HELLO TO EVERYONE. I COULDNT BELIEVE THE NEWS RE CHRIS AND ADAM. IVE ONLY SEEN THE BAND TWICE, ONCE IN OBAN ONCE IN GLASGOW,BUT HAVE FOLLOWED THEIR PROGRESS ON THE WEB SITE.I MET AND SPOKE TO THE GUYS AFTER THE GIGS AND FOUND THEM FRIENDLY AND APPRECIATIVE.I WAS ESPECIALLY A FAN OF CHRIS'S GUITAR PLAYING AND WISH HIM, ADAM AND THEIR FAMILIES ALL THE BEST IN THE FUTURE.

KENNY MACDONALD
Coaster

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 7:23

tiz wrote:Paulers is still not letting my superior singing skills or pretty boy looks take over lead vocals Very Happy .

You'll have to fight Dave Ex for the job! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 11 Jul 2010 - 22:06

When will we know something about who the new band members are ??
It sounds as the practice is going well ... Very Happy

Last edited by winnie on Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 17:46; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Change of personnel Empty change of personel

Post  trug Mon 12 Jul 2010 - 10:21

OK Guy's,there's been some time gone by now,who are the new guy's on the block,what's their history,how do they fit in,sound and bond into the rest of the band.Are Coast going to sound a bit different,a lot different or pretty much the same?What is going on,for a long time I have supported a band,paid fortunes to see,traveled quite literally thousands of miles to be there for,just because I thought they were that good only to discover they were like every other band,just spoke when they liked to the fans and left everyone wondering what was happening.I have found another band that i want to get behind and support,stupid though it might seem(even at 53)its rock and roll and I want to know everything I can about a band that I am going to invest basically all my free funds into!!So dont be shy guy's give us the news,we really want to know!!!

trug
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  COAST Mon 12 Jul 2010 - 20:29

Hi trug
The new line up for toender will be announced this week including photos.
We have been very busy rehearsing in order to get them tight for Denmark.
Paulers x
COAST
COAST
America

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Mon 12 Jul 2010 - 21:47

Hi Trug/all,

The desire for more news is understandable but hopefully everyone appreciates that when two band members decide to leave at such short notice it is inevitably going to lead to a period of relative uncertainty, for both the band and fans alike, and that there has to be a balance between getting 'news' out for news sake versus making sure that any news that comes out is indeed accurate and newsworthy.

The band put out a statement on the website immediately after the events transpired the week before last and there were another two 'business as usual' articles put up within a week.

I'm sure you'll understand that putting out the names of the replacement members needs to be done once the guys have 'signed on the dotted line' rather than splash out details before the i's have been dotted and t's crossed. I believe the band are in a 'no win' situations there. Had they released the names in the 'heat of the moment' and things fallen through they could have been accused of being unprofessional in jumping the gun.

As for the accusation of the band 'only speaking to the fans when it suits them', that's a bit below the belt in my humble opinion. Paul is always willing to answer queries from anyone who follows the band's progress - for example, fire off a query at Paul using the PM facility on here, or the website guestbook, and you'll always get a reply as soon as possible. I've not met anyone as humble as Paul and the guys when it comes to appreciating their fan base.

Anyway, hopefully no hard feelings mate.

As Paul says above, the announcement of the new band members is imminent. I'll be at tomorrow's rehearsal session from where I'll be pulling together a news item for the website.

All the best,
Martin
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Back to top Go down

Change of personnel Empty re change of personel

Post  trug Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 2:25

Thanks Paul,I completely understand you guys are under pressure,I dont mean to put any on,just excited and looking forward to seeing and hearing how you guys are going to be now.Trousers,sorry mate but think you got the wrong end of the stick,I really wasn't accusing Paul and the guys for holding back on us and my statement about not always keeping fans up to date etc was reference to another band altogether.Hope that clears that up,I shall just have to learn to have greater patience me thinks!!

trug
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 3:08

trug wrote:Thanks Paul,I completely understand you guys are under pressure,I dont mean to put any on,just excited and looking forward to seeing and hearing how you guys are going to be now.Trousers,sorry mate but think you got the wrong end of the stick,I really wasn't accusing Paul and the guys for holding back on us and my statement about not always keeping fans up to date etc was reference to another band altogether.Hope that clears that up,I shall just have to learn to have greater patience me thinks!!

Hi Trug,

Ah...oops....yep, a case of crossed wires....that's the 'beauty' of reading things on ye olde Internet! Just read it back and yep, I can see how it can read both ways now....I'll fetch my coat....

:-)
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 4:06

Sorry Trug (and please don't squash me when we next meet! Neutral ) but I read it much the same way as Trousers did at first. You clearly knew the band you have supported for a long time wasn't Coast but without the ("not Coast!") in brackets we didn't. OK, here endeth the lesson in clear written English! Razz *Runs off to hide from Trug 'cos he's bigger than me and I'm easily frightened!*

Look forward to "meeting" the new members of Coast, both through the website and hopefully for real very soon. cheers Good to hear rehearsals are going well and that an announcement will be made shortly. I suppose a little, tiny sneak preview of a little, tiny bit of the rehearsal of one of Coast's songs would be out of the question?? Pretty please? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 7:11

As one who was sad to see both Adam and Chris L leave Coast......I am very excited about a new chapter in the Coast history.

With two new guys coming in there is lots of hard work to do and to get the band tight for the Tonder gig.

Coast have my 100% backing in what they do

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 9:10

KENNY MACDONALD wrote:HI GUYS. THIS IS MY FIRST POSTING SO HELLO TO EVERYONE. I COULDNT BELIEVE THE NEWS RE CHRIS AND ADAM. IVE ONLY SEEN THE BAND TWICE, ONCE IN OBAN ONCE IN GLASGOW,BUT HAVE FOLLOWED THEIR PROGRESS ON THE WEB SITE.I MET AND SPOKE TO THE GUYS AFTER THE GIGS AND FOUND THEM FRIENDLY AND APPRECIATIVE.I WAS ESPECIALLY A FAN OF CHRIS'S GUITAR PLAYING AND WISH HIM, ADAM AND THEIR FAMILIES ALL THE BEST IN THE FUTURE.
Hi kenny,
A belated 'welcome' to the messageboard. I was one of the mad southerners dancing at the front at the Oban gig! :-) loved our brief stay in Oban in February - lovely town.

All the best,
Martin
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down