Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talking Heads 29/10/10

+3
Puffin
atislay
trug
7 posters

Go down

Talking Heads 29/10/10 Empty Talking Heads 29/10/10

Post  trug Sat 30 Oct 2010 - 12:29

Good show or what?Yes the boys have gone above and beyond.They have worked, obviously very hard and have settled down into the next mark of Coast.This of course takes nothing away from Coast mark 1 its just the next step that a band has to take and they have.The audience waited for the guys to come on stage(personally a bit longer than,if we are honest I would have liked,I assume there was some kind of problem.)Anyway the guys came on,time didn't matter,the lads worked their magic and it was good,no it was much more than good actually!Add to that some crazy Danish and German fans along with some new Southampton Coast virgins that we had bought along,add the south east Coast massive and i have to say it was without doubt a bit of a night.Thanks to everyone who was there for making it a cracking night for us.PS.Dave Ex,I know where you live now and you owe me a pint!!

trug
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Talking Heads 29/10/10 Empty Re: Talking Heads 29/10/10

Post  atislay Sat 30 Oct 2010 - 18:29

That sounds good to me ! Glad you enjoyed it.
Does anybody know the setlist they played ?
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Sat 30 Oct 2010 - 23:03

I can only agree with Trug - it was an amazing gig! I have to agree I would have preferred the band to start a little earlier than they did, bearing in mind we still had a two hour drive home afterwards, but it was well worth all the waiting for when it did happen and was then over far too quickly! It was great to meet up with old friends and new - especially the surprise travellers from Denmark and Germany! And I thought we were slighty crazy!! Laughing

The "Coast sound" just gets better and I think the "new boys" have all slotted into place perfectly and the band will go from strength to strength. I can't wait to see them again! bounce

As to the setlist, I remember they started with "Big Blue Sky" and ended with "Dan the Boy" and "The Beat of You" which sounds really good as a full band version and the in between bits (in no particular order) included "Oceanos", "Docks", "Keep Loving" "The Reckless Engineer", "Windward", "America" and guitar solos from Charlie and Steve and I can't remember the rest as we didn't get home until 2:30am and I've not been up long! Sleep

John is just putting some of my photos on Facebook for anyone who's interested. See Tousers at his prettiest! Twisted Evil

Thanks Coast for another terrific night. cheers cheers

Last edited by Puffin on Sun 31 Oct 2010 - 9:14; edited 1 time in total
Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Sun 31 Oct 2010 - 7:17

Fantastic night new band members were awesome and really enjoyed the Steve solo amzing stuff. No critisism intended blinding night but did anyone else think the tempo of the songs were slower. Its nit picking really but i think some songs needed a bit more tempo. The only thing negative was the time but i will forgive that especially for what followed.

Please dont see this in any way as negative still a stonking night and the best show in town.
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Mon 1 Nov 2010 - 1:29

Well I've come down to earth now after another great Coast gig and the start of a new chapter in their career.

Its been a bit of rollercoaster for the band, losing 3 members was always going to be hard to replace.....but they have done that and its actually moved the band into the premier league of rock bands.
Hamish has a great Bass sound and has settled in very easy to the band, Charlie the lead guitar player has a Malcolm Jones feel to the way he plays and I love it. He's brought so much to the Coast sound already and I cant wait to hear him record "Vallay High, Very Low" on the next album. Steve Picken's acoustic playing is superb....I never thought they could replace Alec but they have.....what a find.

Onwards and upwards

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Mon 1 Nov 2010 - 2:03

Mr Celty couldnt have said it better myself.
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  numbersix Mon 1 Nov 2010 - 4:47

I dragged my flu infested self from Wolverhampton and found my hotel without any problem but some horrendous driving conditions at times.The 5 minute walk from the hotel however was a different story.After 35 minutes of wandering around a housing estate and with the help of a passing cyclist I found my way to the Talking Heads.When I arrived I was greeted with big smiles,handshakes,hugs and kisses.I was back with my Coast family and what a family they are.Laughs were shared and conversations had all of us there with that one shared goal.......to see Coast tear down the Talking Heads and my god they sure did.From the moment Song of Angus started pumping out of the P.A system I knew we were going to see something amazing.......what happened for the rest of the evening has already been stated so no need for me to add more other than say I was in musical heaven....bouncing up and down,Clapping,singing,shouting and looking after Tiz who was getting some unwanted attention.Then it was over....the night had flown by.....a few more drinks flowed and more conversations had then we all headed off in our various directions after another awesome night of Coasting.
To the Band...........well done and thankyou for a great evening of music chat and laughter
To the Coast family(band included)......Thankyou for a brilliant night and cant wait to see you all again soon....love you all cheers
numbersix
numbersix
Coast

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  celticbird Tue 2 Nov 2010 - 18:13

Well said that man! Love you to Robster Laughing
celticbird
celticbird
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 2 Nov 2010 - 20:41

What a weekend, we love to be crazy .............. clown Very Happy
We drove 7 hours down to Germany and met with Silke and Andrea. After a few hours sleep, we and Silke drove from Dortmund 5am, after a little driving, next surprise, we met with Swenja and Uwe, Silke knew nothing about that .......
With Uwe as safe driver we drove to the ferry in Dunkirk!
Arrived in Southampton and after a quick change of clothes we went to Drummond Arms, where I thought Embarassed there was a meeting for Coaster`s, the surprise Surprised........ was that there was not a meeting .... scratch Shocked My mistake not to check up on it Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad
After a couple of Guinness and some food we went against to The Talking Heads!
It was worth it to see all the dear faces and the surprised expression, it was sooooo great ........... Laughing lol!
After several lovely Guinness, hugs, a lot of talk and a single match on arm strength between TIZ and the Viking ...
Then it started that we all had come for, COAST came on stage !!!!!!!!!!
And it was fantastic, the boys gave a blast of a concert, we got what we came for I love you
Song, dance, hug and a single kiss, what a party cheers cheers bounce bounce tongue
Too soon it was over Sad
So after a few more Guinness drunken , it was time to say goodbye and see you in December! We will do it again Very Happy I love you

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Tue 2 Nov 2010 - 23:34

It was lovely to meet you all Winnie! Very Happy

If you hadn't kept us all so much in the dark about your big surprise there would have been a Meet somewhere - just that no-one seemed interested so some of us met up elsewhere for a meal and then went straight to the Talking Heads! If we'd known you were coming... Cool

You always know when a gig's been a good one - it ends far too soon! And that one certainly did. Crying or Very sad

Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 18:44

Apart from the music that one thing that makes some of these gigs so special is the meet ups......

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down