Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See Me??? Ironworks!!!

+2
trug
Linda
6 posters

Go down

See Me??? Ironworks!!! Empty See Me??? Ironworks!!!

Post  Linda Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 5:35

The term....."moist with anticipation" just doesn't really cover it!!!! Very Happy

Linda
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Back to top Go down

See Me??? Ironworks!!! Empty Re:See Me??? Ironworks!!!

Post  trug Fri 22 Apr 2011 - 1:02

I was thinking there was a very strong Coast vibration in the air;clearly I was right in that assumption!!

trug
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

See Me??? Ironworks!!! Empty Re: See Me??? Ironworks!!!

Post  tiz Fri 22 Apr 2011 - 2:15

Moist Moist the sap is definitely rising. Cant wait.
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Mon 9 May 2011 - 21:31

One of the best gigs and nights of my life. What can I say tight proffesional complete....ebb and flow a roller coaster of an emotionalk ride. Long may the continue.

Outstanding weekend.
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  KENNY MACDONALD Wed 11 May 2011 - 3:19

HI TIZ.I COMPLETLY AGREE.FANTASTIC GIG.I WAS STANDING AT THE MIXING DESK (THE BEST PLACE TO HEAR THE PA MIX) AND I THOUGHT THE OVERALL SOUND WAS SUPERB.
STEVES ELECTRIC PLAYING HAS A BIT MORE "BITE" THAN EITHER CHRIS OR CHARLIE AND ADDS A "HEAVIER" ELEMENT TO THE OVERALL SOUND.THE BASS AND KEYBOARDS COULD BE PHYSICALY FELT AT THE BACK OF THE HALL (JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT) AND THE ADDITION OF STRINGS AND ACCORDION (ESPECIALLY ON BEAT OF YOU) WORKED REALY WELL.I THINK THE BANDS SOUND HAS CHANGED OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS I HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THEM,I THOUGHT I EVEN DETECTED SOME "YES" LIKE POMP LEANINGS (AGAIN FINE BY ME) CHEERS THANKS FOR A GREAT GIG

KENNY MACDONALD
Coaster

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyTee Thu 12 May 2011 - 17:39

Well, a very impressive introduction to the band for me. I arrived at the venue just as the Gritters were finishing their set (good energetic stuff for a ceilidh, but I wouldn't like to have to listen to a whole CD), but I was then surprisingly impressed with Donald and the Islands, whom I hadn't expected to like much. Good stuff.

Coast showed themselves to be a truly professional outfit. The sound balance was good, even if a trifle too loud for my liking, and the performance and musicianship was superb. I also enjoyed watching the core Coast support - I don't think I've ever seen anyone at a gig jump quite as high as Martin managed, though Celty ran him a close second. Smile I also thought the band had an excellent rapport with their fans.

The only real disappointment for me was the size of the audience, which I'd hoped would have been larger. By the end of Coast's set it had if anything dwindled a bit, possibly because Donald and the Islands appear to have brought some support of their own that may not have stayed for Coast. Indeed, I thought we were very lucky to get an encore - do Coast usually only do one song as an encore?

Now it wouldn't be me if I didn't have some complaints, even if they relate to gigs in general, not just this one. First, I don't think that alcohol should be allowed in the hall where the band is playing. If people insist on drinking during the performance, they should go out to the bar and consume their drink there before coming back in. And secondly, why oh why do people insist on carrying on loud conversations during the slow numbers - I've paid to see the band, not to listen to inane chatter! Evil or Very Mad

Incidentally, the new album is growing on me! Very Happy

DT
DaveyTee
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Thu 12 May 2011 - 21:21

DaveyTee wrote:I also enjoyed watching the core Coast support - I don't think I've ever seen anyone at a gig jump quite as high as Martin managed, though Celty ran him a close second. Smile

Lol....I paid for it the next day though....legs well and truely knackered! I'm gettin gtoo old for this kinda thing :-)

DaveyTee wrote:I thought we were very lucky to get an encore - do Coast usually only do one song as an encore?

I could be wrong but I thought they did two tracks for an encore? That said, I can only remember Ghost of Dan The Boy but am pretty sure there were two on the set list I saw before the gig....

If people shouted loudly enough, they used to do a reprise of Big Blue Sky and also trotted out 'Colours' in the "old days".

I think they will start to do longer encores now that the dust has settled on the personnel changes over the last 12 months, as they've only got a finite number of songs in their repetoire at the moment given how relatively little time they had to rehearse for the launch weekend.

Given the choppy waters of the last year or so, I think it's a minor miracle that they got a new album out and a launch show nailed at all. They've been burning several candles at both ends to keep the momentum going and we'll start to see a more expansive set list when they do some more non-festival shows later in the year.

Very fair observations though DT. Cheers for sharing.
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Trousers Fri 13 May 2011 - 19:58

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down