Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merry Christmas!

2 posters

Go down

Merry Christmas! Empty Merry Christmas!

Post  DaveyTee Thu 20 Dec 2012 - 19:55

Happy Christmas, Puffin! And let's look on the bright side and hope that 2013 will be a lot better than the doom merchants are predicting!

DT
DaveyTee
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas! Empty Re: Merry Christmas!

Post  Puffin Thu 20 Dec 2012 - 22:42

santa And a very Happy Christmas to you too DaveyTee! (And any other Coaster who might just happen along here by accident into this somewhat large and empty hall! I did hang up a bit of festive holly, just in case... Wink ) rendeer

At least we have the final Coast gig to look forward to on the 29th, which will be the first one for us with Andy as we weren't able to go to his debut last Saturday, due to a prior engagement with three nice men in kilts and a crazy keyboard player! king

Here's to a healthy and prosperous New Year and a great 2013 for one and all (and especially thee and me, eh?) cheers

Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyTee Sun 23 Dec 2012 - 20:12

No-one as yet appears to have spotted your festive holly, Puffin! Inspiration for me, though - today (a bit late, really) I'm at long last getting round to putting up our Christmas tree. I've been rather put off because it's an extremely odd shape - I suppose that's what happens when you buy the last one in the shop!

Should be a great show on the 29th. Just a pity Southampton is (for me!) so far away as I reckon that Coast shows there must be pretty amazing. Have you got the new EP? Is it up to standard?

DT
DaveyTee
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Mon 24 Dec 2012 - 23:04

Yes, I have got the new EP (signed copy) but as the only "new" track is "Believe" (the other two being taken from previous albums) it's more of a single really! John had already downloaded the iTunes version of "Believe" but I just like to have "proper" CDs! Be good for new fans though as an introduction to earlier songs and a taster from the forthcoming album.
Me, I'd rather they'd put something else new on that may not be on the/any future album: the sadly unheard (and probably never-to-be-heard Crying or Very sad ) "Victory O" trilogy. Incidentally, a couple of weeks or so back "Victory O" was played on Lionheart Radio (internet broadcast, from Alnwick, Northumberland) and it was mentioned that the song had originally been intended as part of a trilogy: several listeners (from Germany as well as the UK) posted on the programme's Facebook page how much they wished the other songs would be recorded. As the show has listeners in several parts of the US, Australia, and Europe as well as across the UK and Ireland the "Coast" word is spreading! A track from Coast is played most, if not every, week. ("Big Boots and Celtic Roots", Tuesday evenings, 7:00-10:00pm UK time) Very Happy
Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down