Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd April 2010 @ The Old Mill Holbury

5 posters

Go down

2nd April 2010 @ The Old Mill Holbury Empty 2nd April 2010 @ The Old Mill Holbury

Post  atislay Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 20:42

So who is planning to attend this gig in Holbury ?

Mr. & Mrs. atIslay and also the very excited youngest german Coaster Very Happy
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

2nd April 2010 @ The Old Mill Holbury Empty Re: 2nd April

Post  trug Tue 30 Mar 2010 - 1:04

Mr & Mrs trug shall also be attending with a couple more Coast virgins(tell you what these virgins are getting harder to find around here!)Looking forward to meeting up again atislay

trug
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

2nd April 2010 @ The Old Mill Holbury Empty Re: 2nd April 2010 @ The Old Mill Holbury

Post  Celtman Tue 30 Mar 2010 - 3:07

Its very unlikely we will be there as Angela is working Crying or Very sad

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

2nd April 2010 @ The Old Mill Holbury Empty Re: 2nd April 2010 @ The Old Mill Holbury

Post  Celtman Tue 30 Mar 2010 - 5:11

atislay wrote:Mr. & Mrs. atIslay and also the very excited youngest german Coaster Very Happy

Can I ask how old this young coaster is as I believe that this is the pub where no one under the age of 18 is allowed in after 9pm

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Tue 30 Mar 2010 - 6:11

Celtman wrote:
atislay wrote:Mr. & Mrs. atIslay and also the very excited youngest german Coaster Very Happy

Can I ask how old this young coaster is as I believe that this is the pub where no one under the age of 18 is allowed in after 9pm
I sent you a pm on FB, Celty.
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Thu 1 Apr 2010 - 0:46

No chance of me getting to this one sadly. I had already agreed to a chift swap with someone and there is no way of getting another for me to have the day off again. Matthias I will buy you a pint of something nice in Glasgow.
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Thu 1 Apr 2010 - 6:16

Its 99.9% certain that we will not make this gig

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Sat 3 Apr 2010 - 3:59

just looked if i could have got there for the gig start I would have gone but no can do.
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Sat 3 Apr 2010 - 9:46

matthias fly the flag mon ami. Hope it was a good one.
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

2nd April 2010 @ The Old Mill Holbury Empty Re:2nd April 2010

Post  trug Sun 4 Apr 2010 - 11:18

Well that was a bit of a special night,lovely to catch up with Matthias,Stefanie and one very sleepy little one(clearly Coast need to play louder)The guys did what they do best,played superbly,were entertaining,gave their all(some people take that for granted which is a shame because its easy to go through the motions,not so when you perform through the heart)converted two more Coast virgins and all in all made the week end for Roz and I just that little bit more special.Cheers guy's until the next time thank you

trug
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Sat 10 Apr 2010 - 0:21

Tiz & Celty, it's a shame that you didn't make it to Holbury, but we'll meet in Glasgow soon !

It was a very special trip for us, the experience to see COAST in it's home.
We wanted to do that before it's too late for this kind of pub-gigs because COAST is growing and growing and growing...
The Old Mill in Holbury is a wonderful english pub (in an old mill Wink ) near Southampton. It was lovely to meet again with many known Coasters like Amanda, Roz, Drew, Toyah and Lee. We met also new ones of the COAST-family, like the lovely parents of Adam.

A big "Hello" to the band, the soundcheck, our daughter was very very proud to play on Paul's keyboard (one tone... Wink ) and Chris Barnes got the inofficial german sausage trophy for Big Blue Sky at No.1 in the german webradiocharts:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The setlist was a little bit shorter than at our concert in Inverness, the highlights for me have been The Turning Stone, Docks of my hometown, Ruabhal, America, Oceanos and Colours.
Ok, seems to be the whole gig was a highlight and Trug wrote it: they played superb... Very Happy
Our daughter was a little bit tired but she remembers all of the concert and at the end she danced with me to America, Oceanos & Colours. She was deeply impressed of the boys...
We had to go after some talks due to the late night.

By the way, the whole Easter trip was fantastic. The ferry trip on Saturday to Southampton was amazing but the successive shopping trip was very exhausting for me. Wink
We loved the beaches and the New Forest National Park with it's ponies on a very sunny sunday.
It was well worth doing this trip. THANKS COAST !!!
Matthias.
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Back to top Go down

Post  cairdeas Sat 10 Apr 2010 - 6:13

I love this picture Laughing Laughing Laughing

And the next time COAST reaches the TOP you'll get the unofficial MUSTARD TROPHY I love you I love you
cairdeas
cairdeas
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-08-16

http://www.myspace.com/juttasch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 10 Apr 2010 - 18:01

Thank you for the lovely note Matthias, I could feel the atmosphere through the words ... cheers
Looking forward to see you on May 21 in St Andrews bounce bounce Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Sun 11 Apr 2010 - 17:33

winnie wrote:Thank you for the lovely note Matthias, I could feel the atmosphere through the words ... cheers
Looking forward to see you on May 21 in St Andrews bounce bounce Very Happy
Yes Winnie, it was something very special for us and I can't await Glasgow to see you all again... Very Happy Unfortunately I will come alone (but that means that I can drink more Guinness Wink ).
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 4:46

Attached is a video of Ruabhal, perfomed at this Holbury gig:

atislay
atislay
These Walls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down