Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roger Waters The Wall live 2010-2011

4 posters

Go down

Roger Waters The Wall live 2010-2011 Empty Roger Waters The Wall live 2010-2011

Post  numbersix Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 23:56

Hello all
Roger Waters after months of rumours has finally announced The Wall is going on tour.US dates have already been announced and there is a further 57 shows lined up for Europe....most probably next year.When Roger first spoke of the possible tour he said he wanted the remaining members of Pink Floyd to tour with him....it looks unlikely now as Dave Kilminster and Snowy White have been confrimed as Guitarists but we can never rule out Nick Mason as he is once again Rogers best mate.
No European dates have been announced as yet but this is going to be the full production of the original show with new cartoons and inflatables designed by Gerald Scarf and a complete wall built across the stage during the first half of the show.
Its likely to be Rogers last ever tour so one not to be missed...and is one amazing event!!
Dreading the ticket prices tho Crying or Very sad
numbersix
numbersix
Coast

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Roger Waters The Wall live 2010-2011 Empty Re: Roger Waters The Wall live 2010-2011

Post  DaveyTee Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 22:31

I saw the original "Wall" live at the Earls Court Arena back in 1980,or thereabouts. Pretty fantastic production then, so I can barely imagine what an updated version will be like - though back in 1980 they did indeed build a wall across the stage.

Roger Waters' "In the Flesh" is my favourite music DVD. Snowy White was on that too, and has of course featured regularly with Roger Waters on his various tours. Brilliant guitarist, though minimal stage presence. On the "In the Flesh" DVD the contrast between him, with his battered old guitar, and his flash (but excellent) young co-lead guitarist, Doyle Bramhall II, was quite marked! Graham Broad was drummer - again excellent, and I suspect better than Nick Mason. In fact, the whole band on that tour couldn't be faulted.

Doubt if I'll be able to afford the ticket prices for the new tour though!

DT
DaveyTee
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Roger Waters The Wall live 2010-2011 Empty Re: Roger Waters The Wall live 2010-2011

Post  David Ex Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 23:38

This is great news...........Have to keep my ear close to the floor for dates, as I have a feeling these will sell like hot cakes!
David Ex
David Ex
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Wed 21 Apr 2010 - 2:46

Aye... thats really great news, I didn't see any live production of it.
But I also can't imagine Comfortably Numb without David Gilmour, it's one of my all-time-favourite guitar work.
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  numbersix Wed 21 Apr 2010 - 23:50

Hi Davey Tee
I saw Roger on his 'In the flesh'tour and it was superb although Doyle Bramhall had been replaced for the European tour along with Jon Carin on keyboards.I particularly enjoyed the solo material and the songs from Amused to Death.
Saw Roger again on his Darks side of the moon tour and that was just amazing....it was all Floyd on this tour with the exception of Perfect sence from Amused to Death but a wide selection of Pink Floyd material.....Sheep was awesome...complete with remote controlled flying pig that made its way thru the vast Nec...the concert was filmed too but just for Rogers personal collection Sad
As soon as I here more on any European and uk dates I shall let you guys know
Regards
numbersix
numbersix
Coast

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down