Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U.K Gigs

+6
tiz
Linda
Puffin
celticbird
DaveyTee
trug
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

U.K Gigs Empty U.K Gigs

Post  trug Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 18:11

Hi guys glad to hear that your gigs are going down well on the continent,just wondering any ideas yet as to when you will be playing back in the U.K again?Also it would be nice to see some show reviews on these pages by anyone who goes to see the gigs in Germany,Denmark etc and not just see them on facebook ok.Cheers chaps,keep on rockin!!

trug
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

U.K Gigs Empty Re: U.K Gigs

Post  DaveyTee Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 22:15

trug wrote:just wondering any ideas yet as to when you will be playing back in the U.K again?
Presumably they'll take place just about the same time that you drop something on your toe again! Very Happy

As for the rest of your message, it looks as though this MB has been largely abandoned in favour of facebook, wherever that is. Doesn't seem as though there's much doing on the Band's official website either - latest news is "Coast Ready to Rock Inverness". Sad I hope they're not following Runrig's lead when it comes to communication with their fans.

DT
DaveyTee
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Thu 7 Jul 2011 - 2:15

Cheers for that Davey,but hopefully that wont happen next time though as no doubt Roz may have told you I dont have a good history of gig going well except luckily to at least most of my own.
I fear Facebook is taking over sites like this more and more,it would seem that its called progress.I do use facebook myself,it does have its uses to be fair but I must admit I prefer boards like this when talking to the band or the fans.I do hope they(the band)wont ignore their site in fact I'm sure they wont but it is easy to fall into the habit of thinking that everything you write on facebook gets seen by everyone who is interested in you.Re Runrigs message board,personally I think maybe it could have been handled a bit differently but that is a subject to be discussed on their board rather than this one however if it keeps things ticking over here,well....

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

U.K Gigs Empty Re:UK gigS

Post  trug Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 9:34

Hi Davey,just got this off FB.Just to keep you in the loop,on message,etc,etc

Coast Fans (Scotland)
Woo, woo, woo, here is the news you've all been waiting for...
THE 'ROAD OUTTA THIS TOWN' Highland and Islands Tour 2011

Wednesday 17 August - Strathpeffer Pavilion
Thursday 18 August - Royal Hotel, Portree
Friday 19 August - Royal British Legion, Stornoway
Saturday 20 August - Dark Island Hotel, Benbecula

Do with that information what you will sir.

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  celticbird Thu 21 Jul 2011 - 8:12

Sadly I won't be able to go to any of the Highland and Islands gigs as my annual leave for the summer has been cancelled Crying or Very sad
celticbird
celticbird
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyTee Thu 21 Jul 2011 - 8:34

trug wrote:Do with that information what you will sir.
Thanks for the info, Trug, but I won't be going. All too far and inaccessible for me, I'm afraid. Frankly, I fail to see the logic of the band undertaking a tour of a few small venues in the least populated and most inaccessible area of the UK; I can't see that it can possibly be viable unless, of course, they are also treating it as some sort of holiday. Mind you, a holiday in Stornoway is my idea of a holiday nightmare. Sad

DT
DaveyTee
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

U.K Gigs Empty Re:UK gigs

Post  trug Thu 21 Jul 2011 - 21:40

No problem Davey.I suppose from where you live it is still something of a trek,must admit though we would love to go.Roz and I did one of those CalMac day trips from Skye to the Uists and Lewis.Knocked our socks off and we would love to get up there again sometime.As to your comment re the Island gigs,viability,population(lack of) etc.A valid point I think but one has to assume that Iain knows his market,its spreading the word,maybe gaining D.V.D material and of course its the experience and if its a bit of a holiday as well,excellent.Stornoway is maybe not to everyone's taste but that's what makes all different.Also of course for Paul and Chris going back to Benbecula will be a bit of a homecoming for them,I know they are not native but they did spend time there as kids and it has influenced Paul's writing to a degree so I am sure that will be a particularly special gig for the guy's.Got to say though it would be good to see them playing some bigger gigs on the UK mainland soon,but like everything else that's worth doing,it takes time to do it properly and I guess that's about it.Clearly they are so much better than a pub band its just whether they can break into the mainstream and get the recognition that,well at least I and the other South Coast groupies(other regional Coast groupies are available)think they deserve.Watch this space

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Thu 21 Jul 2011 - 22:29

*Sigh* I'd love to go (not least because I love the islands!) but it is all far too far, far too expensive and much too short notice at just a month away. Sad

Might have been possible as part of a week's holiday but that would have needed to have been booked months ago, seeing as the dates are slap, bang in the middle of the main summer holiday period with most accommodation full and at top high season rates to boot.

Please, gentlemen of the Band, have a thought for your southern-based fans and groupies and play the odd gig 'specially for us now and again, somewhere more accessible.... Wink

Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Fri 22 Jul 2011 - 23:31

Good news, Coast are playing not far from home to me at the Wickham music festival.Bad news I have my own gig to do!Grrrrrr!!

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveyTee Sat 23 Jul 2011 - 8:05

trug wrote:NAlso of course for Paul and Chris going back to Benbecula will be a bit of a homecoming for them,I know they are not native but they did spend time there as kids and it has influenced Paul's writing to a degree so I am sure that will be a particularly special gig for the guy's.
Good point, Trug, I'd forgotten about their connection with Benbecula. That makes much more sense now.

As for Stornoway, we once had a holiday on Harris, which I quite liked even if it did look a bit like the Moon with water. But I'm afraid I didn't warm to Lewis - hard weather, hard religion, hard life, and while the coastal scenery could be spectacular, the interior was extremely dull. It was a pity - I've liked most of the islands I've been to though I have a particularly fondness for Tiree, maybe because we had a friend who lived there and I know it best.

DT
DaveyTee
DaveyTee
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Mon 25 Jul 2011 - 22:27

Yay!! Someone else who thinks Harris looks like the Moon!!!! Laughing

I am obviously made up that we are getting the chance to have a gig here again. When you live so far up north, there is normally a hell of a lot of travelling involved to go and see any bands, so for us it is nice that bands like Coast do take the time out to come to us. I still reckon that, despite having been a fan since we all first heard them, I am probably the one that has seen them the least, and for their Island fans then the fact that the band are going West as well is a massive thing for those living on the Islands.

I wish the lads well as they set foot on the Hebrides as a fully fledged band. And I am quite sure there will be plenty gigs for all you south dwellers coming up soon enough.

Linda
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Tue 26 Jul 2011 - 22:53

Think the short notice has killed me this time. Please let us have some more uk dates even if it is Scotland again. But please more notice hehehehe..........I would have done all these gigs if I had the notice to get swaps and cheap flights.

Oh well just hope its not too long till I get to hear my beloved Coast.........I am hoping for a gig with scocha or cross the border or all three. Hey a festival .............
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 3:07

tiz wrote:Think the short notice has killed me this time. Please let us have some more uk dates even if it is Scotland again. But please more notice hehehehe..........I would have done all these gigs if I had the notice to get swaps and cheap flights.

Very good point Tiz. Same problem here. The Coast gigs (like the Scotland tour now) are announced very late this year, by far too late to get vacation dates or cheap flights/trips. I'm also still hoping for some additional german dates in 2011 but late notices could make it impossible for me...
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 20:53

Re the short notice of the gigs.I guess that's just the way it is,if you get the offer of some work your not going to turn it down I guess,Lol I know I wouldn't that's for sure.Coast are in a place now where they have to take and do pretty much all the work that comes their way,they have(need)to have every bit of exposure they can get and if that means Portree today and Lands End tomorrow then so be it.Frustrating for fans certainly but inconvenient though it is now we have to except that this is how a band breaks through into the professional world of music,you have to do the graft to get to a good place.I believe Coast will and I know that I am not alone.I do hope that Coast are well received in the Hebrides,sure they will be and I look forward to when I can see them again and also catch up with some of my friends that I have not seen since before Christmas,(and longer in some cases eh Matthais,)so fingers crossed and good luck to Coast and I hope i get to meet at least some of my friends this year or early next maybe!

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Thu 28 Jul 2011 - 3:42

Drew no way am i upset with the band hehehehe more like work and money. Its time that beat me this time but as you say they have to take all they can right now
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  trug Thu 28 Jul 2011 - 20:15

Hi Tiz,I know your not bitching and nor is Matthais,its circumstances and the curse of us all work,money and time!It was a good point that Linda also made insofar as us dwellers of the south will see them soon enough!I do hope so!I cant imagine what it must be like to have all these people clamoring to see them,not just around the country now but around various parts of Europe too.I could not have imagined that when I first saw Coast at The Talking Heads(Southampton) a couple of years ago.Of course that was when I also met you,Lord Trousers,Celty and Celticbird to name but a few.Oh yes we need to have a get together soon.Hope your reading this Paul!!

trug
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 3:14

Yes Mr Eastham........get it sorted we need a gig and a meet soon do it or we will send the boys around
Very Happy
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  COAST Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 8:59

its on its way Smile
COAST
COAST
America

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2008-02-12

http://www.myspace.com/pauleasthampiano

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 10:59

Tease
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  colyates Sat 30 Jul 2011 - 0:30

COAST wrote:its on its way Smile

hope there's one in north west of england

colyates
Coaster

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 2:46

COAST wrote:its on its way Smile

I spotted a new date on the website about a week ago - surprised no-one else has mentioned it here! Shocked
10th December, The Fountain, Rowlands Castle!!! cheers bounce cheers

We will make every effort to go to that one! According to my calendar, it's a Saturday so even better!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Time for a big meet up methinks! cheers

EDIT: It's in Hampshire, Linda! Laughing

Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  celticbird Sat 20 Aug 2011 - 8:35

Herbie Armstrong's place is fabulous and The Taste of India right next door! bounce bounce

Quite small tho, could meet up somewhere a bit bigger before hand? Let me know and I 'll try and find somewhere Very Happy
celticbird
celticbird
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Sun 21 Aug 2011 - 3:07

If I am off I will be going.
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  celticbird Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 1:47

Just checking venues for a meet before the gig 10th Dec and I have found The Harvester is probably the best bet for a getherin' :-)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As Herbie's pub is quite small, it might be better to meet earlier to eat and drink and then get sat sitting at The Fountain? Any other thoughts on this?
celticbird
celticbird
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 3:50

Sounds good to me. Very Happy

Suppose we might need to book seeing as how it's fairly close to *whispers* Christmas? santa

Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next