Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANTED! your reviews of COAST shows and music

4 posters

Go down

WANTED! your reviews of COAST shows and music Empty WANTED! your reviews of COAST shows and music

Post  Trousers Fri 6 Nov 2009 - 19:23

I want to start putting up reviews of COAST gigs and records on the COAST website so need your help!

Submit a review, past, present or future and I'll pop it up on the website. Here's hoping to be innundated after 21st November! (but reviews of previous shows and releases equally sought!)

cheers
martin
Trousers
Trousers
Ruabhal

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down

WANTED! your reviews of COAST shows and music Empty Re: WANTED! your reviews of COAST shows and music

Post  Celtman Fri 18 Dec 2009 - 0:37

Album review coming soon.....and it will be an honest view Shocked

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

WANTED! your reviews of COAST shows and music Empty review

Post  usrunrigfan Thu 1 Apr 2010 - 12:43

Unlike most debut CDs that have a couple of good songs, every song on this CD is stellar. The more I play it, the more I love it. Coast has reached as far as Cleveland, Ohio! I wish you all great success.

usrunrigfan

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

WANTED! your reviews of COAST shows and music Empty Re: WANTED! your reviews of COAST shows and music

Post  Data1964 Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 6:52

Posted this on Celtys a while back.

Oceanos.
Great album opener. Lovely Celtic lilt. Gets the feet a tapping. Instruments exceptionally well played and well balanced with each other.

To the Windward
Nice slowish track. Very easy listening, very enjoyable.

America
My joint favourite Coast Track. Its so good they put it on the album twice! Just adore the guitar solo. And its got a Hammond organ - can tracks just get any better?

Keep Lovin
Beautiful slow track/power ballad. Piano is exceptional....... and then the Hammond chips in. I thought that there was something missing during the piano intro and finally figured it out - the squeaky chair was missing!

Song of Angus
Pipes and rock, Heaven for an aul piper/rocker. Listening to this takes me back to my Scottish trips to the Ness, Cowal Games and wishing I could pop over more often. Glad to hear the pipes have been simplified from the initial snippet.

Big Blue Sky
Another superb rock track. Might even get me onto the dance floor! (Note to Mrs D - MIGHT) Again great bass riffs, lovely guitar solos and the hammond organ. Can I be first to claim a Coast misheard lyric - Didn't know Paul was a fan of Orville!

The Reckless Engineer [/b]
My second favourite track after the joint first (or should that be third fav?). Again a beautiful piano intro and that guitar solo..... Chris makes that guitar sing so beautifully and I really get lost in the music.

Ruabhal
Lovely instrumental. Superb guitar solo

America
My joint favourite Coast Track. Its so good they put it on the album twice! Just adore the guitar solo. And its got a Hammond organ - can tracks just get any better? Yes. They extended it.

Sunset Over Vallay Strand
Deep and moody instrumental, probably best listened to looking out onto a stunning Coastline with a loved one, picnic hamper......... (Gawd save me, I'll be playing Lady in Red sober next....)

These Walls
Another great get up and dance to rock track.

Overall, the instruments are well balanced, well played, great riffs from the bass, acoustic and lead guitars. Keyboards are superb, vocals just right for this album. Drums/rhythym are there without being over powering and all this adds up to being one superb album.

I was going to apologise, having read over this post, I seem to use the superb word quite a bit. But I wont, because it is, IMHO, a superb album.
Data1964
Data1964
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 86
Location : Somewhere Over the Rainbow, In the Land of Leprechauns
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://www.noneoftheabove.info/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down