Coast Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

21st May @ St Andrews in the Square, Glasgow

+15
Lancs Dave
kate
Puffin
celticbird
Annie
Trousers
atislay
Sneggielass
Celtman
tiz
Spud
colyates
Linda
David Ex
jacqui
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

21st May @ St Andrews in the Square, Glasgow - Page 2 Empty Re: 21st May @ St Andrews in the Square, Glasgow

Post  Sneggielass Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 23:04

Ticket arrived for Glasgow this morning. bounce bounce
Sneggielass
Sneggielass

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-03-11

Back to top Go down

21st May @ St Andrews in the Square, Glasgow - Page 2 Empty Re: 21st May @ St Andrews in the Square, Glasgow

Post  Annie Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 1:32

Ticket booked cheers

Train booked cheers

Accomodation booked cheers

Looking forward to seeing you all there bounce bounce
Annie
Annie
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 1:37

great news Annie........... bounce

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 4:26

colyates wrote:
Linda wrote:I think we are going down to York in the summer. Lovely, lovely city.

you be careful linda think you can shoot a scot with an arrow from the city walls on a sunday there Shocked

Remind me to stay clear of the city walls on sundays then!!! Laughing

ANNIE!!! cheers bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers

I am so happy you are coming!!! I knew you would change your mind!!!!
Linda
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post  celticbird Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 5:01

Linda wrote:

ANNIE!!! cheers bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers

I am so happy you are coming!!! I knew you would change your mind!!!!

Looking at the line up of ladies going to this gig - could be quite a giggle Laughing Laughing bounce bounce
celticbird
celticbird
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 6:10

Annie wrote:Ticket booked cheers

Train booked cheers

Yeah! And Miss Annie is stopping in my B&B, neerrrr. Hang on...............that's means she will see what I eat for breakfast Shocked
Spud
Spud
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 6:21

everything booked also

this is going to awesome. And so many friends and new friends going excellent. i hope there is much new blood and a sale out.
tiz
tiz
America

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Annie Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 12:08

Spud wrote:
Annie wrote:Ticket booked cheers

Train booked cheers

Yeah! And Miss Annie is stopping in my B&B, neerrrr. Hang on...............that's means she will see what I eat for breakfast Shocked

lol! lol! lol!
Annie
Annie
Sepia Eyes

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 19:34

@ David do you have some good suggestions in Yorkshire, which are a MUST Question
I think York is old Viking place, is that true Question

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 0:44

I have received an email from Ticketmaster Soup, where I bought my tickets at Coast concert in Glasgow, they do not send tickets outside UK, so it will "collect the venue." I am a little unhappy with that.... are you in the UK not accustomed to audiences who come from elsewhere in Europe?? It can not be so difficult to send tickets by mail from the UK! Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 1:00

This seems to happen with a lot of gigs. Most of the party at the recent meet for the Runrig gig in Scone had to get their tickets at the event. Its pants.
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 2:45

I think it is more possibly to do with security issues and cost. To ensure a secure postal service to other countries would mean a higher cost. I think it is safer to pick it up at the venue.

The Duchess in York don't send out any tickets at all. They send you an email confirmation (like a receipt) with a booking number, then you take this with photographic ID to gain entry to the venue.
Spud
Spud
Sepia Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 3:32

You are probably right Spud, but they took £ 1.95 in postage pr. tickets ... scratch
Sometimes we have got tickets by mail, and sorry Scots silent , the problem is when it schould comes from Scotland no problems from England Rolling Eyes
When we buy tickets from Germany tickets comes to the door with DHL ........... Surprised
Well no more complaining, everything will be fine when Coast play.... sunny I love you bounce cheers drunken

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 4:15

Spud wrote:I think it is more possibly to do with security issues and cost. To ensure a secure postal service to other countries would mean a higher cost.

Haha, sorry I have to laugh Spud, please don't take it personally !
We are all living in the European Union and in the 21st century. There are no armys behind the "borderline". For me that is really disappointing and I think of writing a very angry letter to ticketsoup...
We are all spending a lot of money to go up to Scotland for one gig and they live behind the times.
But by the way, I know also that shipping charges for german concerts (i.e. eventim) are VERY expensive for foreigners. What a shame !
And for example amazon.co.uk don't have any problems to ship goods across the "border"...

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  jacqui Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 5:04

E-tickets must surely be the way to go. No postage required at all!
jacqui
jacqui
The Great Crowd

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 5:32

also easily copied
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  jacqui Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 5:38

tiz wrote:also easily copied

They all have unique bar codes so are safe if you buy it yourself to your own email account. Wouldn't buy one off ebay though as what's stopping the seller printing out 50 copies!
jacqui
jacqui
The Great Crowd

Back to top Go down

Post  Puffin Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 7:27

winnie wrote:
It can not be so difficult to send tickets by mail from the UK! Shocked

Seetickets can't even send them successfully by post within the UK! We have still had to collect (replacements) at the venue because the [struggles to think of polite word] didn't seem to realise that post takes several days longer in the week or so before Christmas and in spite of charging rather a lot for postage wouldn't send them by Recorded or Special Delivery to make sure they arrived on time.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that it would be very expensive to send tickets out of the UK securely - which with some ticket companies is a load of rubbish seeing as how they never bother sending them by the secure methods Royal Mail offers here anyway! I also know that seme ebay sellers do not like posting to certian countries (Italy for one) because so many packages go astray...

All in all, picking them up from the venue sounds like the safest option! It works well here for smaller venues which sell from their own Box Offices (rather than agents) either online or by telephone.

I'm not (yet) convinced about e-tickets - for a start, not everyone has a computer and printer and it is rather nice sometimes to be able to keep a proper ticket stub as a souvenir... some even become worth something to collectors in time and I can't see that happening with e-tickets!
Puffin
Puffin
The Great Crowd

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 18:51

We are hoping to be in Glasgow for around 2 on this day, so aim to be in the Counting House for the meet around 3/3.30.

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 22:30

winnie wrote:You are probably right Spud, but they took £ 1.95 in postage pr. tickets .

Now that I would take up with UK Consumer Direct. Surely if they are not posting tickets, they shouldn't be charging a fee for postage.

Send them a letter asking why they are charging this postage fee when no postage is needed. Also give them 28 days to reply with a satisfactory response. If you are not happy with your response, or they do not reply, get in touch with the UK Consumer Direct people.
Spud
Spud
Sepia Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 1:12

If anyone wants to use my address just let me know. Very Happy
Linda
Linda
Sunset Over Vallay Strand

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post  atislay Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 2:55

Linda wrote:If anyone wants to use my address just let me know. Very Happy

Thanks for the offer Linda, but I think that the dust has settled... Wink
I heard also from the others that we will pick the tickets up at the venue.
Cheers, Matthias.
atislay
atislay
These Walls

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtman Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 19:32

So who is wearing a Kilt to this show

Celtman
The Reckless Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Sat 3 Apr 2010 - 4:31

I am deffo. Is there any details of this gig on Stamping ground. This has to be the biggest meet so far does it not.
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  tiz Sat 3 Apr 2010 - 4:32

So whos going

tiz
Celty
Angela
tiz
tiz
America

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next